Ecnl-da-npl-edp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFC played Boston Breakers last year in the ECNL. I think the present 16’s and 17’s both won those games

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I have also seen FSA teams play many times and I am not impressed by any means, sorry. They really struggle with teams anywhere near as athletic as they are that can play even just a little soccer.
      Just want to make sure... you are talking about girls here?

Girls soccer is neither athletic nor soccer. It's a group of chunky heifers running into each other and trying to boot the ball in the general direction of goal. It's cute and all but the reason the rest of the world does not have even the slightest interest in women's soccer is that they actually have followed real soccer for a long time that watching women play causes most fans to want to gouge out their eyes.

It's lovely that America found a way to be the best at something that literally no other country even remotely cares about and only participates out of some misguided need to demonstrate equality.

There are only a small handful of sports where women play at a level that's comparable to men and soccer is unquestionably not one of them.

Comment

Just want to make sure... you are talking about girls here?

Girls soccer is neither athletic nor soccer. It's a group of chunky heifers running into each other and trying to boot the ball in the general direction of goal. It's cute and all but the reason the rest of the world does not have even the slightest interest in women's soccer is that they actually have followed real soccer for a long time that watching women play causes most fans to want to gouge out their eyes.

It's lovely that America found a way to be the best at something that literally no other country even remotely cares about and only participates out of some misguided need to demonstrate equality.

There are only a small handful of sports where women play at a level that's comparable to men and soccer is unquestionably not one of them.
        It's all relative, and women's sports can not be compared to men's sports anywhere, ever .... and no, I do not consider curling a sport. Sorry, there are no true sports where athletic wares are involved where women can compete with men.

Comment

It's all relative, and women's sports can not be compared to men's sports anywhere, ever .... and no, I do not consider curling a sport. Sorry, there are no true sports where athletic wares are involved where women can compete with men.
          Women yes. Girls absolutely not. Before a certain age, a girls can easily compete with, out play, dominate a boy player. Some clubs do not even separate players by gender at younger ages.

Comment

Go up and interrupt a conversation that Rhonda Rousey and Chris Cyborg are having and tell them your theory.
            Try playing a game of 1v1, 1 on 1 against Alex Morgan and Briana Stewart.

Let me know how that works out for you champ?

Comment

Women yes. Girls absolutely not. Before a certain age, a girls can easily compete with, out play, dominate a boy player. Some clubs do not even separate players by gender at younger ages.
              It ends around U12 or U13. Period.

Comment

Go up and interrupt a conversation that Rhonda Rousey and Chris Cyborg are having and tell them your theory.
                Try playing a game of 1v1, 1 on 1 against Alex Morgan and Briana Stewart.

Let me know how that works out for you champ?
                Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield in their current state would destroy both of them at the same time with one punch each. Any U16 or U17 boys YNT player would make Alex Morgan look stupid and Brian Stewart would get dominated by most high school varsity boys players. Give me a break. There is no debate here, move along Gloria Allred.

Comment

Except ECNL and GDA don’t play outside clubs. Maybe you played against a branch team and don’t know the difference?
                  No, My child's team was ECNL last year (u17 2016-2017) at '00 and played FSA and CFC at u17ECNL. Her outside team won both CT games with very lopsided scores. FSA 00ECNL was terrible and CFC ECNL slightly better than terrible. The outside ECNL team almost in toto became the GDA team at 99/00. The GDA team plays Oakwood this year and the games have been competitive. The conclusion is the Oakwood team is a much stronger team.

The exception might be that CFC and FSA have basically replaced their entire teams. That said, If there were quite a few 99 impact players who didn't graduate and joined the 00s for the last year of ECNL it is possible that those 99/00 ECNL teams are better than their 00 ECNL precursors were last year. Barring bigtime changes our independent conclusions based on direct experience and results is that Oakwood's oldest team is much better than the ECNL oldest teams. But I think someone said they played head to head earlier this year...

Not playing braqnches. ECNL---->GDA from 2017-2018

Comment

Until 99.99% can't. Usually no later than U14. They just can't keep up with the speed and physicality of boys once boys start going through puberty (usually a year after girls do). Sure MP or MJ trained with boys, but MP played games on her girls team (including high school btw) but as NT players those are outliers. Also, it benefits the girls to be challenged more but does nothing for the boys, especially once they start to diverge.

Comment

No, My child's team was ECNL last year (u17 2016-2017) at '00 and played FSA and CFC at u17ECNL. Her outside team won both CT games with very lopsided scores. FSA 00ECNL was terrible and CFC ECNL slightly better than terrible. The outside ECNL team almost in toto became the GDA team at 99/00. The GDA team plays Oakwood this year and the games have been competitive. The conclusion is the Oakwood team is a much stronger team.

The exception might be that CFC and FSA have basically replaced their entire teams. That said, If there were quite a few 99 impact players who didn't graduate and joined the 00s for the last year of ECNL it is possible that those 99/00 ECNL teams are better than their 00 ECNL precursors were last year. Barring bigtime changes our independent conclusions based on direct experience and results is that Oakwood's oldest team is much better than the ECNL oldest teams. But I think someone said they played head to head earlier this year...

CFCs 00 team not one of their strongest.

Comment

last year u17 ECNL final standings
                        CFC 12/14 and FSA 13/14

Out of the champions league teams from the NE division all but Matchfit went GDA and several of Matchfit's top players including their national players went to Cedar stars GDA.

GDA is a watered down mess.
                        ECNL is a watered down mess.

The ECNL was very good was just starting to reach a competitive equilibrium when the USSF stepped in and totally messed it up. Now both leagues suck.

The brain trust that is the USSF ....

Comment

last year u17 ECNL final standings
                          CFC 12/14 and FSA 13/14

Out of the champions league teams from the NE division all but Matchfit went GDA and several of Matchfit's top players including their national players went to Cedar stars GDA.

GDA is a watered down mess.
                          ECNL is a watered down mess.

The ECNL was very good was just starting to reach a competitive equilibrium when the USSF stepped in and totally messed it up. Now both leagues suck.

The brain trust that is the USSF ....
                          That's why people shouldn't read too much into this year's results or compare across leagues to last year's either. Who went where varies from club to club and even team to team within one club. It is a watered down mess on both sides. If GDA survives it's still going to be a few years to really have a handle on the landscape. Then USSF will create another super league or do some other stupid change to shake up the Etch A Sketch again

Comment

That's why people shouldn't read too much into this year's results or compare across leagues to last year's either. Who went where varies from club to club and even team to team within one club. It is a watered down mess on both sides. If GDA survives it's still going to be a few years to really have a handle on the landscape. Then USSF will create another super league or do some other stupid change to shake up the Etch A Sketch again
                            How many legit good teams do we have in CT? I thought the CFC 17s were good but then they lost to FSA in the head to head. Based on their college commitments I was shocked to see that result. This year's U16 CFC was very good at U15 as well so they might be only team in CT competitive regionally. Everyone else including the OW teams are basically mid-pack within their respective leagues. Makes sense given our small population.

Comment

How many legit good teams do we have in CT? I thought the CFC 17s were good but then they lost to FSA in the head to head. Based on their college commitments I was shocked to see that result. This year's U16 CFC was very good at U15 as well so they might be only team in CT competitive regionally. Everyone else including the OW teams are basically mid-pack within their respective leagues. Makes sense given our small population.
                              Don't pin too much on any one game - things can happen. CFC's competitive results matter more and as you said college coaches are obviously noticing the players.

We definitely are a small state with only so much talent split across clubs and leagues. But there's the reality of geography as well. It's a small state but not THAT small + traffic and commute issues. Some families just can't make a more ideal club work for them not matter what.

Comment

Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield in their current state would destroy both of them at the same time with one punch each. Any U16 or U17 boys YNT player would make Alex Morgan look stupid and Brian Stewart would get dominated by most high school varsity boys players. Give me a break. There is no debate here, move along Gloria Allred.
                                skippy the FSA red charger guy in the house. fo rthe record not all FSA parents are as dooochey

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X