Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tryout Week is at hand: Who is considering switching Clubs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryout Week is at hand: Who is considering switching Clubs?

So who is actually going to tryouts with the intention of switching? FSA tryouts are this week. I'm wondering if anyone outside the club will actually show up. Any Sporting or OW parents considering making the jump? Would you only go if your kid was offered an NPL or ECNL spot.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So who is actually going to tryouts with the intention of switching? FSA tryouts are this week. I'm wondering if anyone outside the club will actually show up. Any Sporting or OW parents considering making the jump? Would you only go if your kid was offered an NPL or ECNL spot.
    FSA is about the last place I'd spend my money, and they are an easy drive for us.

afc family

Comment

If you have a stud starter and can't/won't do CFC or OW then sure FSA ECNL might be a good fit. NPL? Take a look at the performance of the teams. Not enough quality players or good coaching, a lot of travel and expense. Someone said elsewhere: state teams are akin to lighting your cash on fire. They're right.

Comment

Thought about going. Decided not to. Better the devil you know...

Comment

Thought about going. Decided not to. Better the devil you know...
          Where are you now, if I might ask?

Comment

FSA is about the last place I'd spend my money, and they are an easy drive for us.

afc family
            I like AFC a lot. If I had a kid that wanted to play in college, though, I would see if i could land an NPL spot at FSA (ECNL is closed, as we know...) if only for the fact they go to PDA and the recruiting opportunities are better than AFC. If my kid just wanted HS varsity and maybe club or IM in college then yeah I would stay at AFC...

Comment

I like AFC a lot. If I had a kid that wanted to play in college, though, I would see if i could land an NPL spot at FSA (ECNL is closed, as we know...) if only for the fact they go to PDA and the recruiting opportunities are better than AFC. If my kid just wanted HS varsity and maybe club or IM in college then yeah I would stay at AFC...
              No club is ever "closed". If you are good enough, there's always a roster spot open.

Comment

Where are you now, if I might ask?
                At CFC

Comment

At CFC
                  we will be gone from OW. play high school and very good smaller club

Comment

At CFC
                    My kid was at CFC and the branch folded. Am now at FSA. Staying at CFC is a wise decision IMHO...

Comment

No club is ever "closed". If you are good enough, there's always a roster spot open.
                      No AFC kid is going to get an ECNL spot on an established ECNL team. They are "fine" but they are not ECNL level by any stretch...

Comment

We're in it for HS varsity, so that's why it works for us. Nothing against those that do choose FSA, but every time we've visited there I've been turned off by the atmosphere and people there.

Comment

FSA is capturing a ton of OW kids this year, partly because of h.s., partly because of OW coaching.

Comment

We're in it for HS varsity, so that's why it works for us. Nothing against those that do choose FSA, but every time we've visited there I've been turned off by the atmosphere and people there.
                            Well they certainly have an impressive facility. It sounds like you are in the right place for your kid.

If the goal is HS varsity then keeping it local is the ideal scenario. Families that jump through the hoops at ECNL and DA clubs have kids that are chasing college soccer. Tons of kids from CT play college soccer but the majority that get any $$ are coming from the top few club.

FSA is a means to an end for kids that want ECNL exposure and either can't make CFC United or the commute is too far. For everyone else, its simply not worth the expense.

Comment

FSA is capturing a ton of OW kids this year, partly because of h.s., partly because of OW coaching.
                              Capturing or Abducting them? FSA needs them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X