Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You can pay less than FSA C teams and get the same training, likely even better, at other smaller clubs. Don't pay a premium for their fields. That's really all you're getting. There are many other options out there.
    I agree that there are smaller clubs that would probably suit us. But there are no other CT options where we live short of commuting for over an hour.

Comment

Ajax down the road from FSA, trains 2 to 3 times a week depending on the age. When it rains they don't cancel, they go to their indoor facility.
      I have seen ajax teams play. No thanks. Not for us.

Comment

The guy is dedicated. He goes to almost every game for every team even if he’s not the coach. He’s grumpy but the players love him. MD’s own kid played at Ajax.
        That's the truth for sure. MD's kid isn't the only one, many other coaches bring their kids to Wrona. From experience, for about 2k a year, you get 2 practices a week, 1 to 2 games on the weekend. Once indoor it gets a little crazy, 2 practices a week, 1 to 2 games at his LWSA, then 1 game at OW or FSA depending on the age/team your kid is on. For some reason some teams play at one and not the other. Plus doesn't cancel, unless crazy storms. For the amount of money we are getting a ton of soccer.

Kid has been happy, might not be FSA, but it works for us.

Comment

I have seen ajax teams play. No thanks. Not for us.
          Soup Nazi

Comment

That's the truth for sure. MD's kid isn't the only one, many other coaches bring their kids to Wrona. From experience, for about 2k a year, you get 2 practices a week, 1 to 2 games on the weekend. Once indoor it gets a little crazy, 2 practices a week, 1 to 2 games at his LWSA, then 1 game at OW or FSA depending on the age/team your kid is on. For some reason some teams play at one and not the other. Plus doesn't cancel, unless crazy storms. For the amount of money we are getting a ton of soccer.

Kid has been happy, might not be FSA, but it works for us.
            Same teams that get taken apart by Oakwood teams that are a few years younger?

No thanks.

Comment

Some state teams do 3.
              Right. It depends on the coach.

Comment

And do what? Have them play on a travel team where one in five kids have any soccer skills, where no skills are imparted by the coaches in most cases, where a third of the team is missing every practice because of other conflicts, and where boot ball is rampant and cheered enthusiastically by other moms and dads. No thanks. I'll pay a slight premium for a decent experience with better quality kids on a C team.

You do get decent exposure although I would say you would do just as well with Ajax or CFC Sportsworld. The State Teams go to the GPS and NEFC showcases so the "exposure" is to low level DIII coaches in New England. Still, you get to say your kid plays for FSA which is worth something. TS and JT are both good coaches and FSA has tons of field space so no, your team is not bumped for an NPL or ECNL practrice. anyone who claims that is misinformed. For $2200 bucks including kit its fine.

Comment

Travel or CFC branch = same thing
                  Do you enjoy sounding like an idiot?

Comment

Same teams that get taken apart by Oakwood teams that are a few years younger?

No thanks.
                    Might not be for you which is fine, but I know my kids team has beaten FSA state team, beat sporting. Teams vary for sure at Ajax, but there are some good teams in the club.

We enjoy the training, Kid is happy, almost every game kid is guaranteed to play half the game. It works for us, we know we aren’t elite and we are ok with that.

Comment

You do get decent exposure although I would say you would do just as well with Ajax or CFC Sportsworld. The State Teams go to the GPS and NEFC showcases so the "exposure" is to low level DIII coaches in New England. Still, you get to say your kid plays for FSA which is worth something. TS and JT are both good coaches and FSA has tons of field space so no, your team is not bumped for an NPL or ECNL practrice. anyone who claims that is misinformed. For $2200 bucks including kit its fine.
                      Please. Don't try to sell FSA state teams as a path to college soccer.

Comment

You do realize you are agreeing with what I said (I cant tell)? C teams at FSA definitely have their benefits vs playing travel.

Comment

Do you enjoy sounding like an idiot?
                          Come on - you really think CFC CJSA/state teams are at the same level as the other "B" team premier options that are out there? Some advanced CFC teams play NEP which is mediocre enough as it is. But to not make the branch NEP team and have to play CJSA - you can't tell me that that's any better than travel.

Comment

You do realize you are agreeing with what I said (I cant tell)? C teams at FSA definitely have their benefits vs playing travel.
                            And? So do many other premier teams that don't cost as much. You're more likely to be treated better at other clubs too

- not the poster

Comment

And? So do many other premier teams that don't cost as much. You're more likely to be treated better at other clubs too

- not the poster
                              All premier teams cost about the same

Comment

- not the poster
                                .... if the commute to another club is an option for a family. Sometimes its not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X