Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Club Responds

NYCSL is apparently rebranding and expanding it's footprint in response to the EDP/USYSA changes.

https://www.eastcoastsoccerleague.com/

Looks like Gary is being replaced by John Curtis but Kris is still part of it.

No, Curtis was always the technical director of NYCSL and Kris has the same title. Don’t assume Gary is out. It is either a higher level regional league or a rebrand of NYCSL. I am pretty sure Gary will be there in the same capacity.

This was to be announced tomorrow. Congratulations on scooping Larry Miller!

I would ask Larry how them apples taste but I remembered he can’t eat apples with his dentures. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      NYCSL is apparently rebranding and expanding it's footprint in response to the EDP/USYSA changes.

https://www.eastcoastsoccerleague.com/

Looks like Gary is being replaced by John Curtis but Kris is still part of it.
      Wasn't Gary the owner of NYSCL

Comment

Wasn't Gary the owner of NYSCL
        Yeah, I was only guessing there because the only two contacts on the website listed were John Curtis and Kris Debenedittis.

You are probably right, Gary probably still owns the thing.

Comment

No, Curtis was always the technical director of NYCSL and Kris has the same title. Don’t assume Gary is out. It is either a higher level regional league or a rebrand of NYCSL. I am pretty sure Gary will be there in the same capacity.

This was to be announced tomorrow. Congratulations on scooping Larry Miller!

I would ask Larry how them apples taste but I remembered he can’t eat apples with his dentures. :)
          For what it's worth, no way Larry was scooped -- he has this info (teased it yesterday) and was obviously asked not to publish. All of the posts with the hints have been mysteriously scrubbed from the site.

Hopefully they have some founding clubs when they announce tomorrow -- without it, it doesn't say very much.

Note that the NYCSL website mentions the "metro league as an NPL qualifying league" on it already, so doubt Gary is out. It's his baby/cash cow.

Comment

Logo looks terrible.

And yes, without announcing new clubs it's putting lipstick on a pig.

Comment

Actually, we got this wrong.

If you look at the regions it's claiming to cover, this is going to be in addition to NYCSL, not a replacement of NYCSL. Two regions covering MD, DE, NJ and PA. Run by the same people from NYCSL.

Changes I see right off the bat are that it will use gotsoccer to register teams and that it will be having teams register for a full year up front instead of registering separately for the fall and spring seasons. Kind of curious if NYCSL is going to end up doing that as well.

Comment

Actually, we got this wrong.

If you look at the regions it's claiming to cover, this is going to be in addition to NYCSL, not a replacement of NYCSL. Two regions covering MD, DE, NJ and PA. Run by the same people from NYCSL.

Changes I see right off the bat are that it will use gotsoccer to register teams and that it will be having teams register for a full year up front instead of registering separately for the fall and spring seasons. Kind of curious if NYCSL is going to end up doing that as well.
                But no club announcements on the website. Kind of hard to run a league with no clubs.

Comment

So let me get this straight, NYCSL is losing half its NPL/METRO clubs, and their response is to expand and form another league with two more sets of NPL and METRO divisions to fill?

Comment

So let me get this straight, NYCSL is losing half its NPL/METRO clubs, and their response is to expand and form another league with two more sets of NPL and METRO divisions to fill?
                    Looking at the website, the NPL and METRO will be across the entire region they are covering, MD, DE, NJ and PA. NYCSL's version of NYPL and METRO will be NY and CT. For the team based play ECSL will have a Northern and Southern conference each with Premier and Champion divisions that are basically ECSL's versions of NYPL. And I'm guessing NYCSL will continue to have it's NYPL D1, D2, etc divisions.

Not sure where they are getting all these clubs to play in these new leagues.

Comment

Looking at the website, the NPL and METRO will be across the entire region they are covering, MD, DE, NJ and PA. NYCSL's version of NYPL and METRO will be NY and CT. For the team based play ECSL will have a Northern and Southern conference each with Premier and Champion divisions that are basically ECSL's versions of NYPL. And I'm guessing NYCSL will continue to have it's NYPL D1, D2, etc divisions.

Not sure where they are getting all these clubs to play in these new leagues.
                      This appears to be an expansion, not a replacement. There is already CCSL in Connecticut, obviously NYCSL, so this ECSL appears to be moving further south to cover all of NJ, DE and MD I guess.

Comment

If I were EDP I wouldn’t pay Larry a dime. They sponsor him generously yet he gives all this free PR to their competitor NYCSL. I am sure he will do a big splash today and make the thread sticky like he always does for NYCSL but never the people that pay him.

Comment

If I were EDP I wouldn’t pay Larry a dime. They sponsor him generously yet he gives all this free PR to their competitor NYCSL. I am sure he will do a big splash today and make the thread sticky like he always does for NYCSL but never the people that pay him.
                          Nycsl appears to be a pretty big advertiser as well...

Comment

The ref fees listed are a bit insane.

Comment

Nycsl appears to be a pretty big advertiser as well...
                              The response was lame....check out the shell website no teams listed..rotfl

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X