Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I didn't say they wouldn't recruit from DA or ECNL. I'm saying the Bolts won't send as many players into quality college programs next year. This year was their best class ever. They also raised the rates precipitously in conjunction with that. Why are you so invested in this?
    It appears that you are the one, in fact, who is “so invested in this”. You are clinging to the notion and straw man argument that the Bolts won’t send as many players into quality college programs but won’t say why or how. If you have insight or knowledge, share it. But please, spare us the drivel about the Bolts or any other large NEP club bamboozling their player’s parents out of their money. It’s old, overused ad hominem rhetoric. Tell us something we don’t know.

Comment

It appears that you are the one, in fact, who is “so invested in this”. You are clinging to the notion and straw man argument that the Bolts won’t send as many players into quality college programs but won’t say why or how. If you have insight or knowledge, share it. But please, spare us the drivel about the Bolts or any other large NEP club bamboozling their player’s parents out of their money. It’s old, overused ad hominem rhetoric. Tell us something we don’t know.
      You should have looked up the definition of anomaly. The Bolts are graduating their deepest overall class ever. There's no science to this. It's not a stretch to think they can't duplicate this year's college commitment production. My only insight is what I see on the field and what I know of the players.

At least we agree that the Bolts are bamboozling parents out of money.

Comment

“Cheese bag”, another advanced soccer term...evidently. It is reassuring to know that individuals with advanced soccer training, technical skill and coaching licensure frequent these boards to share their knowledge.
        Side note, no one here is disputing the fact that travel and related expenses are covered by the Revs DA program.
        Premiere soccer is expensive. As is hockey, baseball, lacrosse, gymnastics, dance, and a whole host of other organized youth activities.
        Hope you weren’t too chilly yesterday wearing your little short shorts and tube socks at the Bridgewater challenge cup.
        "Premiere soccer": the first performance of a musical or theatrical work, set to soccer. How's that for a Freudian slip, my youth-club-shirt-wearing-nacho-fingered-keyboard-antagonist/ dad coach

Comment

"Premiere soccer": the first performance of a musical or theatrical work, set to soccer. How's that for a Freudian slip, my youth-club-shirt-wearing-nacho-fingered-keyboard-antagonist/ dad coach
          I'll bite, that's funny. Premiere Soccer = Nacho Libre?

Comment

It's not the $4,200 that will kill you, it's the travel expense.

Comment

Wow, somebody here has entirely too much time on his/her hands.

Comment

I'll bite, that's funny. Premiere Soccer = Nacho Libre?
                Me too...Premiere soccer = a trip down the snack isle at your local market.

Comment

You should have looked up the definition of anomaly. The Bolts are graduating their deepest overall class ever. There's no science to this. It's not a stretch to think they can't duplicate this year's college commitment production. My only insight is what I see on the field and what I know of the players.

At least we agree that the Bolts are bamboozling parents out of money.
                  So silly. Bolts now have *both* DAP and ECNL. The 'anomaly' will happen every year: 20-25 boys signing to play college soccer. The third tier NPL will become less and less atractive which is why parents are clamoring to get their boys in ECNL. Even within NPL, it's becoming a two-tiered league, GPS & NEFC versus evenyone else. The landscape has changed whether you like it or not. Have fun next year watching your boy play 7 NPL 'premier' matches.

Comment

So silly. Bolts now have *both* DAP and ECNL. The 'anomaly' will happen every year: 20-25 boys signing to play college soccer. The third tier NPL will become less and less atractive which is why parents are clamoring to get their boys in ECNL. Even within NPL, it's becoming a two-tiered league, GPS & NEFC versus evenyone else. The landscape has changed whether you like it or not. Have fun next year watching your boy play 7 NPL 'premier' matches.
                    Nobody is “clamoring” for ECNL. More travel than DAP for second tier soccer. Sounds fun!

Comment

Nobody is “clamoring” for ECNL. More travel than DAP for second tier soccer. Sounds fun!
                      Check the 11 ECNL signees on Bolts twitter. Twenty quality matches but hey, good luck in your son's 'rivalry' match next spring!

Comment

Check the 11 ECNL signees on Bolts twitter. Twenty quality matches but hey, good luck in your son's 'rivalry' match next spring!
                        And most played DA previously which is where they were actually scouted. The only reason they left DA was to play high school soccer their senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                          And most played DA previously which is where they were actually scouted. The only reason they left DA was to play high school soccer their senior year.
                          I call BS. They were cut. Look at the records for last year. They never played.

Comment

Reality check:

Bolts ECNL 00/99 lost 2-1 to Rams FC Stoke last weekend. They are the 10th ranked team in tiny little Rhode Island. The Bolts didn't even qualify for the final in their own NEP based tournament.

Bolts ECNL 02 lost to Westchester NPL 1-0. At least they won their bracket.

Bolts ECNL 03 tied Bayside NPL 2-2. They couldn't get past the semi-finals. The bracket was won by Bolts 03 Central Elite!!!!! Seriously? That's an NEP division 3 Premiership team!!!!!!

At least the Bolts ECNL 04 team made the final. They lost to a CFC NEP team.

How can you claim quality inside the ECNL when you can't beat normal NEP teams?

Do you need to fly all over the place when you can't beat local teams. Hell, stay home and scrimmage the Bolts 03 Central Elite instead of flying to Texas or wherever else they send you.

Madness.

Bolts ECNL 04 is out of State Cup.

Bolts ECNL 03 plays Liverpool NPL this weekend in State Cup.

Bolts ECNL 02 plays GPS this weekeend in State Cup.

Bolts ECNL 00/99 lost to GPS in the State Cup. That GPS team has every senior on the team moving on to college. Imagine that? No DA. No ECNL. How can that be possible?

Comment

I call BS. They were cut. Look at the records for last year. They never played.
                              Look at the schools they attended. The schools placed them not ECNL.

Comment

Reality check:

Bolts ECNL 00/99 lost 2-1 to Rams FC Stoke last weekend. They are the 10th ranked team in tiny little Rhode Island. The Bolts didn't even qualify for the final in their own NEP based tournament.

Bolts ECNL 02 lost to Westchester NPL 1-0. At least they won their bracket.

Bolts ECNL 03 tied Bayside NPL 2-2. They couldn't get past the semi-finals. The bracket was won by Bolts 03 Central Elite!!!!! Seriously? That's an NEP division 3 Premiership team!!!!!!

At least the Bolts ECNL 04 team made the final. They lost to a CFC NEP team.

How can you claim quality inside the ECNL when you can't beat normal NEP teams?

Do you need to fly all over the place when you can't beat local teams. Hell, stay home and scrimmage the Bolts 03 Central Elite instead of flying to Texas or wherever else they send you.

Madness.

Bolts ECNL 04 is out of State Cup.

Bolts ECNL 03 plays Liverpool NPL this weekend in State Cup.

Bolts ECNL 02 plays GPS this weekeend in State Cup.

Bolts ECNL 00/99 lost to GPS in the State Cup. That GPS team has every senior on the team moving on to college. Imagine that? No DA. No ECNL. How can that be possible?
                                Personal experience and opinions...1. Bolts are a good club (and I've been in club soccer for my two boys for 7 years). 2. Boys ECNL is a status symbol. The soccer is slightly better than the average NPL team (but that might be because the teams are new and the kids haven't played together for that long...I would imagine the ECNL teams will do better next year), 3. The travel for ECNL is not worth it (NY, NJ, PA, FL, CA...***), 4. Your information above is true...most parents are amazed that NEP teams are winning the Memorial Day Tournament and ECNL teams lost...however, keep in mind that the majority of ECNL teams did make the finals of both Memorial Day and the State Cup...like I said in #2 ... ECNL is slightly better than the average NPL team but will most likely improve in the upcoming years once the team and programs mature.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X