Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast girls NPL

I have an 08 at another club. Looks like Seacoast forms their NPL team at U12 so 07s will be up in June for tryouts. Anyone know if Seacoast lets players play up for NPL? Thinking of having my 08 try out.

Boy or girl?

While I know of nobody directly, I also don't know everyone playing. I'd be leery of putting them in too deep to early. I suggest contacting them directly and discussing it. What will most likely happen is they will ask to have them in soon and get a look. They will determine the best club then. They may put her on an NEP team for the year at the 07 level. Lots of options.

Trust their judgement, don't keep it as "it has to be NPL". I say that from experience and know of a child or two who got in over their heads because their parents wanted them at a level they couldn't hack.

I am NOT saying that's the case here, so apologies if it comes that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Boy or girl?

While I know of nobody directly, I also don't know everyone playing. I'd be leery of putting them in too deep to early. I suggest contacting them directly and discussing it. What will most likely happen is they will ask to have them in soon and get a look. They will determine the best club then. They may put her on an NEP team for the year at the 07 level. Lots of options.

Trust their judgement, don't keep it as "it has to be NPL". I say that from experience and know of a child or two who got in over their heads because their parents wanted them at a level they couldn't hack.

I am NOT saying that's the case here, so apologies if it comes that way.
      I have a girl. She's at another club now. We will probably move her to Seacoast eventually and hope for NPL. Just wondering if she could do that as an 08 next year playing up with the 07s or if we wait a year. I guess we could also move her over for an NEP team at her U11 year if NPL team doesn't take girls playing up. She plays NEP now.

Comment

I have a girl. She's at another club now. We will probably move her to Seacoast eventually and hope for NPL. Just wondering if she could do that as an 08 next year playing up with the 07s or if we wait a year. I guess we could also move her over for an NEP team at her U11 year if NPL team doesn't take girls playing up. She plays NEP now.
        Got it. I would definitely get in touch with CS and have a talk. If she can handle it, I would think they would allow her to play, but that is only my opinion so I could be wrong.

Generally speaking, SCU right now offers a higher ceiling of opportunities that are more easily accessible than others.

Comment

I have an 08 at another club. Looks like Seacoast forms their NPL team at U12 so 07s will be up in June for tryouts. Anyone know if Seacoast lets players play up for NPL? Thinking of having my 08 try out.
          NPL really doesn't start until U13. However, there are a few clubs in the NEP U12 Girls Premiership (top bracket) that call their teams "NPL", including Seacoast. Speaking from the boys side, there are definitely players in the U9-U12 age groups who are allowed to play up if they are at a certain level and the coaches feel it's best for their development (probably similar for the girls). It's a year-to-year placement, so if your kid plays up one year, don't expect it the next year, as a lot of factors go into team placement. As someone else mentioned, they have really good judgement on where to place players. Good luck!

Comment

How hard is it to make a Seacoast NPL team for girls? They have a lot of their own feeder programs. I wonder if they are already thinking about next season with girls in mind or if you can just show up, expect to play up, and make their top team?

Comment

How hard is it to make a Seacoast NPL team for girls? They have a lot of their own feeder programs. I wonder if they are already thinking about next season with girls in mind or if you can just show up, expect to play up, and make their top team?
              From the fall standings, looks like the '04 & '05 girls NPL teams were both 3rd in their divisions, so fairly strong teams. That said, like every club, they have try-outs each year, and if you have a strong enough player compared to others in the pool, they'll probably take her. To the OP, a younger player would have to be fairly strong to make an older NPL team, but no harm in giving it a try and she'll have a good opportunity to see how she stacks up (although, they may have her start out with her own age group at try-outs, and if she stands out, invite her to the older age group try-outs).

Comment

Seacoast?

Your daughter must have done something pretty bad to deserve that punishment.

Comment

Seacoast?

Your daughter must have done something pretty bad to deserve that punishment.
                  What other program at that age can offer similar? GPS has virtually given up after '04. Stars NH is still building and not formulating real teams yet. NEFC had to merge with NWC just to avoid having kids play up 3 age groups and still only play mid-level. What other options are there without heading deep into Mass?

Comment

What other program at that age can offer similar? GPS has virtually given up after '04. Stars NH is still building and not formulating real teams yet. NEFC had to merge with NWC just to avoid having kids play up 3 age groups and still only play mid-level. What other options are there without heading deep into Mass?
                    Completely agree with this. At one of the other clubs now. If you can't travel into MA, options in NH are limited.

Comment

From the fall standings, looks like the '04 & '05 girls NPL teams were both 3rd in their divisions, so fairly strong teams. That said, like every club, they have try-outs each year, and if you have a strong enough player compared to others in the pool, they'll probably take her. To the OP, a younger player would have to be fairly strong to make an older NPL team, but no harm in giving it a try and she'll have a good opportunity to see how she stacks up (although, they may have her start out with her own age group at try-outs, and if she stands out, invite her to the older age group try-outs).
                      Any idea on how NPL tryouts work? Can we just show up at the closest Seacoast location and have an NPL tryout or do they call specific girls after those tryouts to go to the NPL one? Is it a one or two step process?

Comment

Any idea on how NPL tryouts work? Can we just show up at the closest Seacoast location and have an NPL tryout or do they call specific girls after those tryouts to go to the NPL one? Is it a one or two step process?
                        Get in touch with their leadership, find out when practices are, and ask to attend.

Like most clubs from what I've seen, they put everyone on the field at once at a tryout. They then select their teams based off that. So, you could have 2-3 teams picked from that rodeo and they can call them Elite and Select, or NEP and NPL, doesn't really matter what they call them. From those tryouts, they select the teams and notify you of what you made. It's not, from what I have seen, where you "try out" for NPL and if you don't make it, go to NEP or something like that.

But if you attend before hand you will know where you stand and the tryouts are anticlimactic mostly.

Comment

Get in touch with their leadership, find out when practices are, and ask to attend.

Like most clubs from what I've seen, they put everyone on the field at once at a tryout. They then select their teams based off that. So, you could have 2-3 teams picked from that rodeo and they can call them Elite and Select, or NEP and NPL, doesn't really matter what they call them. From those tryouts, they select the teams and notify you of what you made. It's not, from what I have seen, where you "try out" for NPL and if you don't make it, go to NEP or something like that.

But if you attend before hand you will know where you stand and the tryouts are anticlimactic mostly.
                          May not have been completely clear, so in addition...the NPL teams tryout in Epping and the teams are based there. So, you can't try out in Windham, for example, with an expectation on it being for NPL. From the tryout in Epping they will pick two teams (NEP and NPL, for example).

If you happen to be worthy of a spot, and were in one of their other locations (North Country, Concord, Manchester, Windham, etc etc.) I imagine they would offer you to come into the NPL team, but you don't try out with that specific purpose.

Make sense?

Comment

May not have been completely clear, so in addition...the NPL teams tryout in Epping and the teams are based there. So, you can't try out in Windham, for example, with an expectation on it being for NPL. From the tryout in Epping they will pick two teams (NEP and NPL, for example).

If you happen to be worthy of a spot, and were in one of their other locations (North Country, Concord, Manchester, Windham, etc etc.) I imagine they would offer you to come into the NPL team, but you don't try out with that specific purpose.

Make sense?
                            Thank you. That's where I was confused. If we needed to go to Epping. I wonder how that works for the girls already playing. We live near Concord. There must be girls at the local team that they think could go NPL. Wondering if those girls are told to go to Epping to try out or are just offered a spot. Doesn't apply to me but thinking ahead if we do a year up here first. Just thinking out loud, not expecting all the answers. Thanks for your help that you have given.

Comment

Have a d on a Seacoast U11 team, not from Hampton/Epping. I think they already know who they are sending to NPL next year. There are a couple girls constantly given the opportunity to play up with the U12 team and one who plays with them exclusively. Gotta assume those 3 are headed to NPL next year while the rest are just role players. There are 2 or 3 others who probably should get a chance to play up but don't because they aren't going NPL. Seems our coaches have their early favorites and would not be surprised if these girls parents already know the plan for next year. I think it will be very hard to get a spot on that team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X