Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    you do realize that whatever US Soccer mandate its up to Clubs to implement right? There si no blueprint from above that can change that. You do realize that Kaz and his team are the ones delivering on all that , just in a different track suit. They did all the things you applaud in the ECNl as well, jsut in a less focused environment

I guess you also think its reasonable to do less for the girls than the boys in the "soft" things that dont cost money, just becasue they are girls. Like covering the games and publicly endorsing players on their achievements. Those "soft" things go a long way with girls, especially in this world of social media.
    The system is flawed -- it should not be just a mandate that leaves it up to clubs, especially one that is loosely enforced. GDA should be more universal and consistent. There is a blueprint and different structure that can support that - US Soccer just took the lazy approach in their hastily rolled out implementation.

I think it's reasonable for a pro Men's club to place more attention and resources on the boys. If NYCFC had a women's pro path, then I would expect them to promote that. Right now, this GDA is just an experiment.

Comment

Honest question - why does NYSC struggle to get players for DA then? From a commute perspective it should be easy for kids from the city, westchester, putnam, connecticut and even rockland.
      On the girls side, they struggle because the talent eventually leaves for either NYCFC, or WC ECNL, it’s literally that simple.

Comment

The system is flawed -- it should not be just a mandate that leaves it up to clubs, especially one that is loosely enforced. GDA should be more universal and consistent. There is a blueprint and different structure that can support that - US Soccer just took the lazy approach in their hastily rolled out implementation.

I think it's reasonable for a pro Men's club to place more attention and resources on the boys. If NYCFC had a women's pro path, then I would expect them to promote that. Right now, this GDA is just an experiment.
        sorry, but unless your plan involves USSF using it own coaches and facilities I dont see how. Rules are rules its always comes down to how each coach implements them. how they communicate them and what they value .

Dont tease your blueprint, tell us what it is.

You keep avoiding the issue I raise. I have not complained about funding . I have said repeatedly that its a very simple task to cover the girls games and achievements alongside the boys. I am not stupid enough to ask for the same attention and resources. My complaint is perfectly reasonable. NYCFC lip service helps no one.

I noticed that the ECNL are rewarding the top 40 players with a chance to train with PSG and Man City women. Seems like they are not really averse to using the women for promotional stuff.

PS i dont care one bit about the training, but its pretty ironic

Comment

On the girls side, they struggle because the talent eventually leaves for either NYCFC, or WC ECNL, it’s literally that simple.
          No dog in this fight, but to be fair NYSC was awarded GDA veeerry late in the game last year. Top players that were interested in GDA had already committed to NYCFC. Maybe things would've been a little different for them had they not been playing catch up from the get go.

Comment

sorry, but unless your plan involves USSF using it own coaches and facilities I dont see how. Rules are rules its always comes down to how each coach implements them. how they communicate them and what they value .

Dont tease your blueprint, tell us what it is.

You keep avoiding the issue I raise. I have not complained about funding . I have said repeatedly that its a very simple task to cover the girls games and achievements alongside the boys. I am not stupid enough to ask for the same attention and resources. My complaint is perfectly reasonable. NYCFC lip service helps no one.

I noticed that the ECNL are rewarding the top 40 players with a chance to train with PSG and Man City women. Seems like they are not really averse to using the women for promotional stuff.

PS i dont care one bit about the training, but its pretty ironic
            The approach has been mentioned before -- the GDA could have been operated more as a US Soccer franchise model. Then the product is more consistent across. Similar to how Red Bulls approaches RDS (and now their youth academy teams) -- if you go to one in one location, it is not that different from another location and it is all Red Bulls. There is a set curriculum and you get the same experience. It also decouples a club's other interests from GDA. If GDA had it's own business model, and they figured out the right formula for revenues/expenses, then you would have a lot more qualified coaches involved. Fields could be leased as needed. IMO this is more effective in creating the universal training environment that US Soccer claims it wants. Every GDA becomes an outpost for US Soccer as opposed to crappy clubs.

But they went after ECNL instead of creating their own model. There are lots of ways it could be set up without extra $$, since it would remain pay to play from the parents' perspectives.

Comment

No dog in this fight, but to be fair NYSC was awarded GDA veeerry late in the game last year. Top players that were interested in GDA had already committed to NYCFC. Maybe things would've been a little different for them had they not been playing catch up from the get go.
              Haha, yeah okay. Have heard both no dog in this fight, and they got GDA too late, numerous times, you are probably the same guy. The better players were leaving before GDA ever showed up, players like Sam Coffey and Julia Dohl both left for ECNL teams, face it the training sucks, nothing Carlito can do about it, adios!

Comment

Yes. NYSC was late to join GDA in its first year. However, I would think that a top player living in Westchester County would still choose NYCFC over NYSC....given the resources behind the NYCFC badge and the fact that it is a professional club.

I would think that NYCFC will even help offset the costs of GDA program in the future.....perhaps. I know NYCFC's commitment is being hotly debated on this thread, but if a kid had a choice, I would think she would choose NYCFC. Am I wrong?

Comment

I am the poster that asked why NYSC struggles. I get that top kids were leaving for WC ECNL in the past and that NYCFC had GDA in advance. What I am asking is do people know if that trend is continuing? Looking ahead to 18/19, the club has the badge and the league so in theory the top kids should be staying put, no? Shouldnt the badge help in attracting kids from other top clubs in the area, too?

Comment

The approach has been mentioned before -- the GDA could have been operated more as a US Soccer franchise model. Then the product is more consistent across. Similar to how Red Bulls approaches RDS (and now their youth academy teams) -- if you go to one in one location, it is not that different from another location and it is all Red Bulls. There is a set curriculum and you get the same experience. It also decouples a club's other interests from GDA. If GDA had it's own business model, and they figured out the right formula for revenues/expenses, then you would have a lot more qualified coaches involved. Fields could be leased as needed. IMO this is more effective in creating the universal training environment that US Soccer claims it wants. Every GDA becomes an outpost for US Soccer as opposed to crappy clubs.

But they went after ECNL instead of creating their own model. There are lots of ways it could be set up without extra $$, since it would remain pay to play from the parents' perspectives.
                    I dont see how a Franchise model works for a sport like soccer. there is no way you are getting the same experience even if the same curriculum is taught by different people , nor would you wan that. The value is in different coaches imparting different things that kids all absorb differently.

Im a little tired of the "went after the ECNL" diatribe. No desire to get into that. This is a girls DA thread and I assume people reading it want to hear GDA stuff.

Comment

I am the poster that asked why NYSC struggles. I get that top kids were leaving for WC ECNL in the past and that NYCFC had GDA in advance. What I am asking is do people know if that trend is continuing? Looking ahead to 18/19, the club has the badge and the league so in theory the top kids should be staying put, no? Shouldnt the badge help in attracting kids from other top clubs in the area, too?
                      Given the league's shaky ground, those who do want to pursue DA will aim for the better DA clubs. Those that have struggled - for whatever reason - will have a harder time recruiting top players. In other words, if you're going to do it, do it right. Otherwise, may as well stick with ECNL which has proved to be more resilient than some thought. It's still a very competitive league and offers great opportunities for college exposure.

Comment

Yes. NYSC was late to join GDA in its first year. However, I would think that a top player living in Westchester County would still choose NYCFC over NYSC....given the resources behind the NYCFC badge and the fact that it is a professional club.

I would think that NYCFC will even help offset the costs of GDA program in the future.....perhaps. I know NYCFC's commitment is being hotly debated on this thread, but if a kid had a choice, I would think she would choose NYCFC. Am I wrong?
                        i think you are. If they do choose NYCFC its not becasue of resources or power of badge thats for sure. What resources ? Lol . I thought NYSC was backed by Sky Blue

Comment

Too much structure in BDA is turning players into robots. There has to be a balance. Many BDA clubs are coaching creativity right out of kids. Nor is high licensure a guarantee of coaching quality. Coaches have to be able to connect with players, motivate them, identify their weaknesses and help them improve. That is entirely local, club to club, team to team. Fit is critical too. That's why it's impossible to say one league is infinitely better because what matters is which is better for YOUR player.

Comment

Too much structure in BDA is turning players into robots. There has to be a balance. Many BDA clubs are coaching creativity right out of kids. Nor is high licensure a guarantee of coaching quality. Coaches have to be able to connect with players, motivate them, identify their weaknesses and help them improve. That is entirely local, club to club, team to team. Fit is critical too. That's why it's impossible to say one league is infinitely better because what matters is which is better for YOUR player.
                            agree.

Comment

That is a valid point. My kid has adored teachers that others did not like at all.

Comment

i think you are. If they do choose NYCFC its not becasue of resources or power of badge thats for sure. What resources ? Lol . I thought NYSC was backed by Sky Blue
                                Then kindly explain why NYCFC is attracting better players than NYSC?

And by the way, Sky Blue is on life support in the NWSL. Who do you think has better financial backing? No comparison.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X