Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well I for one am glad Messiís parents were delusional and sent him across the world at 10. The truth is that some kids continue to get better and some donít . Some are late bloomers, and some are early starters. A star at 10 may be average at 18, or he may be the best player in the world. It doesnít make people delusion to have high aspirations, especially when itís the kids dreams they are pursuing .
I'm going to keep my Little Rooney close to home and have him play with the local clubs
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Please use proper grammar when addressing me. It's THERE not their. And yes my child IS a superstar.
I think you meant to write "whilst addressing me."
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
And theirs your problem folks with the delusional parents from this area. This kid is great this kids a star etc. Every year every age group the same nonsense
The age group you boast about are 10. Think about it 10. Such a fool. Their are some kids just kicking around the ball who by 12-13 will be better then your little superstars who just have the upper hand now because they started playing at an earlier age.

Let me ask you this. Do you think your kids are any more special then parents who were saying the same nonsense about their kids 8-9 years ago at 10.
Can you identify all these superstars who are now 18-20 and which big club in Europe their playing for now.

You should know u canít talk sense to the crazies
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I have seen this team play and would have to agree. They are a special group. BUT, as someone already pointed out, they may not be together next year. With BarÁa not getting DA itís going to be hard to keep this team together as most are DA caliber players and will certainly be exploring their options after spring.
DA caliber can be Cosmos quality or MLS DA quality. Big difference.
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
DA caliber can be Cosmos quality or MLS DA quality. Big difference.
I would say that this team has both.
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I would say that this team has both.
The only MLS DA caliber 07 kid plays on 06.
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Well I for one am glad Messiís parents were delusional and sent him across the world at 10. The truth is that some kids continue to get better and some donít . Some are late bloomers, and some are early starters. A star at 10 may be average at 18, or he may be the best player in the world. It doesnít make people delusion to have high aspirations, especially when itís the kids dreams they are pursuing .
Most times it's the parents' dream that is being pursued.
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
You should know u canít talk sense to the crazies
They're freaking out about 11 year olds right? Oh my f'ing god.
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
They're freaking out about 11 year olds right? Oh my f'ing god.
I donít see anyone freaking out. Whatís the problem with saying a kid is talented? The MLS DAís and USSF donít seem to have a problem with it since thatís the age when the DA starts. The rest of the world doesnít seem to have a problem with it since itís common practice for major clubs to sign players to their academies at this age. I donít see these major organizations saying that being talented at a young age is meaningless. In fact, one of the most well known talent scouts in Europe was quoted as saying ď if a player doesnít have the technical ability by the time heís 10, heíll never have itĒ.
Old 03-15-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I donít see anyone freaking out. Whatís the problem with saying a kid is talented? The MLS DAís and USSF donít seem to have a problem with it since thatís the age when the DA starts. The rest of the world doesnít seem to have a problem with it since itís common practice for major clubs to sign players to their academies at this age. I donít see these major organizations saying that being talented at a young age is meaningless. In fact, one of the most well known talent scouts in Europe was quoted as saying ď if a player doesnít have the technical ability by the time heís 10, heíll never have itĒ.
We're not Europe. That's the first thing US parents need to get through their thick skulls. Also, many players have been successful entering DA well past U12 and many are successful outside the DA system. Too many buy into the hype that you have to be in X league by Y age or that's it, your kid's career is over. Stick with a club you can afford that has the best coaching within a reasonable distance from your house. Don't get caught up in leagues and badges for 11 year olds. Encourage your kid to work on their own, play pickup games as much as possible. Having the drive to do that will be a bigger predictor of their success than anything else. See where he takes it and where he's at 13-14. If parents are as happy with Barca training as they claim, why worry about moving young kids at such an early age, especially if the commute will be terrible OR (more importantly) possibly worse coaching? Chasing the next best thing is one of the biggest problems with youth soccer in the US