Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is virtually the same argument as NPL being as good as DA. Just at an older age group.
    No, its not.

Patriot, Ivy and NESCAC all recruit the same players. Those kids that can't get into Ivy's go NESCAC schools rather than the Patriot League.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      No, its not.

Patriot, Ivy and NESCAC all recruit the same players. Those kids that can't get into Ivy's go NESCAC schools rather than the Patriot League.
      Go ask your NESCAC son if this is true. No one else believes it.

Comment

No, its not.

NESCAC knows it’s the backup plan, but any kid with serious D1 prospects isn’t playing NESCAC. It attracts the kids who couldn’t get D1 interest, so you might be right that it starts that way, but kids quickly fall into bands.

Comment

NESCAC knows it’s the backup plan, but any kid with serious D1 prospects isn’t playing NESCAC. It attracts the kids who couldn’t get D1 interest, so you might be right that it starts that way, but kids quickly fall into bands.
          So ignorant. You really should really talk to some of the more talented players at the better NE Div 3 schools who could have played Div 1 but *chose* to receive an incredible financial package, are playing great soccer and most importantly to them--receiving a first rate education. If it makes you feel better, just keep repeating the Beavis and Butthead State Mantra: "My kid plays Div 1 and yours doesn't. My kid plays Div 1 and yours doesn't...."

Comment

So ignorant. You really should really talk to some of the more talented players at the better NE Div 3 schools who could have played Div 1 but *chose* to receive an incredible financial package, are playing great soccer and most importantly to them--receiving a first rate education. If it makes you feel better, just keep repeating the Beavis and Butthead State Mantra: "My kid plays Div 1 and yours doesn't. My kid plays Div 1 and yours doesn't...."
            Oh no, not the D3 vs D1 mulberry bush again! Must be thousands of posts on hundreds of threads on this topic. TS has beaten their dead horse more than any other.

Comment

Not a debate at all. Unless your kid is in the top 2 percent of the 6000 Div 1 players, college is the end of the line.

Comment

The Patriot League is D-1 in name only with slightly above average academic schools. I'd rather go a NESCAC and play D-3 soccer than go play supposed "D-1" soccer at a Patriot League school any day. The only time I'd ever reconsider is if the option was to play in the Ivy League.

Comment

The Patriot League is D-1 in name only with slightly above average academic schools. I'd rather go a NESCAC and play D-3 soccer than go play supposed "D-1" soccer at a Patriot League school any day. The only time I'd ever reconsider is if the option was to play in the Ivy League.
                  Aren’t you saying your son couldn’t play D1-Ivy-so he’s playing NESCAC? If he didn’t appeal to an Ivy, no Patriot League was picking him up either.

Comment

Aren’t you saying your son couldn’t play D1-Ivy-so he’s playing NESCAC? If he didn’t appeal to an Ivy, no Patriot League was picking him up either.
                    You truly have no idea. Student athletes that are looking at the Ivy league because it's D-1 and quality academics don't look at the Patriot League as a fall back. They look at the NESCAC. Patriot League student athletes cannot get into either the Ivy League or the NESCAC.

Comment

You truly have no idea. Student athletes that are looking at the Ivy league because it's D-1 and quality academics don't look at the Patriot League as a fall back. They look at the NESCAC. Patriot League student athletes cannot get into either the Ivy League or the NESCAC.
                      Right. So your son didn’t get picked up by D1 Ivy and went D3. I think the poster’s point was that if he didn’t get picked up by an airy, it is unlikely another D1 with quality academics wasn’t picking him up either. And if he’s playing NESCAC, it is unlikely he is looking for money. Add money to the mix and a kid who can play D1 - we get it; not yours - he will be looking at a lot of leagues for the best package - money, academics, sports. In that case, a school like Holy Cross isn’t a bad choice.

Comment

This is true esp for the better academics AND better soccer players. If you don't have the academics for top NESCACS or Ivy then maybe look at patriot league.

Comment

Right. So your son didn’t get picked up by D1 Ivy and went D3. I think the poster’s point was that if he didn’t get picked up by an airy, it is unlikely another D1 with quality academics wasn’t picking him up either. And if he’s playing NESCAC, it is unlikely he is looking for money. Add money to the mix and a kid who can play D1 - we get it; not yours - he will be looking at a lot of leagues for the best package - money, academics, sports. In that case, a school like Holy Cross isn’t a bad choice.
                          You are too rational for a thread talking about MK being canned. For those who have been through the process, you speak the truth.

Comment

You are too rational for a thread talking about MK being canned. For those who have been through the process, you speak the truth.
                            The woMEN's coaches didn't get canned yet while under internal thus MK can't and won't.

Comment

MK

The woMEN's coaches didn't get canned yet while under internal thus MK can't and won't.
                              true they will want to have a new coach in place though before the end of spring season.

Comment

NESCAC has four of the top 35 ranked D3 institutions for student athletes with a focus on men's soccer. Patriot League has four of the top 30 ranked D1 schools for student/athletes with a focus on men's soccer. Peers at the D1 level include Stanford, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Clemson and Duke. Enjoy playing post-grad NEPSAC...any day.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X