Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is CFC is the #1 scumbag club in the USA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well maybe the 50% who aren't parents can begin to act like professional adults. That would be a great start.

Why don't all you CFC coaches agree to cease participating in the club bashing on TS. That would probably eliminate a lot of what goes on.

Perhaps we can get SC or one of the other owners at CFC to post a note on here stating that neither he nor any coach nor any representative of CFC will participate in such negative behavior.

Come on Steve -Dare to write such a comment pledging professional conduct from your representatives?

Or is asking for a little professional, and ethical conduct from your staff and sub-contractor coaches too difficult to accomplish?

Would it be too unsettling to have to change the current CFC marketing strategy that includes bad-mouthing any club within spitting distance of a CFC branch?
    I think the CFC hierarchy decided long ago not to participate on these boards. I doubt SC even knows anything about what is posted here unless someone else brings it to his attention.

BTW, what is a professional parent? Is that what a nanny is?

Comment

I think the CFC hierarchy decided long ago not to participate on these boards. I doubt SC even knows anything about what is posted here unless someone else brings it to his attention.

Did they, really? Interesting.

Comment

I don't know if SC is on regularly - but CFC hierarchy (which includes coaches) is all over the board, all the time. To not know or admit otherwise is of course to be simply ignorant, blind or dishonest.

I don't know if SC participates in the board regularly, so i can't say he knows of the detailed specifics about a specific posted topic.But does SC know that people in his club hierarchy are posting trash on the board on a regular basis over the last 5 years? Of course he does.

Don't even suggest otherwise - been going on so long that it's no mystery. Same kind of trash being posted this year as for at least the last 5 years. Maybe Steve doesn't know which particular threads are happening this week, but it's no mystery inside or outside CFC that TS is a regular place to post trash about other clubs. And that CFC personnel participate enthusiastically in it.

Comment

I don't know if SC is on regularly - but CFC hierarchy (which includes coaches) is all over the board, all the time. To not know or admit otherwise is of course to be simply ignorant, blind or dishonest.

I don't know if SC participates in the board regularly, so i can't say he knows of the detailed specifics about a specific posted topic.But does SC know that people in his club hierarchy are posting trash on the board on a regular basis over the last 5 years? Of course he does.

Don't even suggest otherwise - been going on so long that it's no mystery. Same kind of trash being posted this year as for at least the last 5 years. Maybe Steve doesn't know which particular threads are happening this week, but it's no mystery inside or outside CFC that TS is a regular place to post trash about other clubs. And that CFC personnel participate enthusiastically in it.
          Delusional conspiracy theorist. All these negative posts have psycho parent written all over them.

Comment

SC is completely unaware of an online soccer forum?!?!

that'd be amazing considering he started the first online soccer forum in the state.

CFC's "blind ignorance" is very telling.

Comment

SC is completely unaware of an online soccer forum?!?!

that'd be amazing considering he started the first online soccer forum in the state.

CFC's "blind ignorance" is very telling.
              He didn't start it but he realized the power of the medium and that you could create the illusion of a club with a mere website. Savant. Some might say idiot savant but savant nonetheless.

Comment

Delusional conspiracy theorist. All these negative posts have psycho parent written all over them.
                No one will ever know the parent-coach participation ratios, but to say that this all psycho parents is not realistic either. All well run businesses check what is being said about them on line - even lousy businesses check. You cannot afford not to these days. And since the forum is anonymous it is easy enough for a coach or manager to "correct" statements made. Also easy enough to throw in a few jabs at your local competitors while you're at it. I think in general most coaches seem to respect one another but all it takes is a few sour grapes.

Comment

Are you new. SC has commented on TS a fair amount. Although not for awhile. But I am sure he is monitoring the site. He usually signs his posts.

Comment

I thought this board started only this year?

Comment

Are you new. SC has commented on TS a fair amount. Although not for awhile. But I am sure he is monitoring the site. He usually signs his posts.
                      I highly doubt SC comes on this board. Why would anyone want to read a board where there hadn't been a positive thing said about them in ages?

Comment

I thought this board started only this year?
                        No. Board got started in 2008

Club bashing started around 2010-2011

Comment

No. Board got started in 2008

Club bashing started around 2010-2011
                          Bashing ramped up in earnest after CFC went ECNL route. Used board to mold perceptions of what ECNL signified.

Comment

Bashing ramped up in earnest after CFC went ECNL route. Used board to mold perceptions of what ECNL signified.
                            to remove any perceptions...as defined on the ECNL website:

"MISSION: The Elite Clubs National League, Inc. (“ECNL”) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit member-based organization founded in 2009 to enhance the developmental experience of the female youth soccer players in the United States through:

Improving the competitive environment through creation of a true national competitive league with multiple flights;
                            Improving the process for identifying elite female soccer players for the U.S. Soccer youth national teams through a systematic scouting and identification program based on national competitions; and
                            Improving the daily training environment at top female youth soccer clubs through developing best practices and training and organizational guidelines for its member clubs.
                            GOAL: The goal of the Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) is to change the landscape for elite female soccer players in the United States through innovative, player-centered programming and to enhance the overall experience by creating a better, more enjoyable, and more successful player, coach, and club development model.

ACTION PLAN (Summary): The ECNL is led by a Board of Directors elected by the member clubs. Day-to-day operations are managed by the ECNL Executive Director and ECNL Commissioner. The ECNL hasfour primary platforms:

The Competition Platform;
                            The Player Identification Platform;
                            The Club and Coach Development Platform, and
                            The HER Platform (a female-specific health, wellness, and rejuvenation platform).
                            * The ECNL is a tax-exempt 501c(3) organization."

the only program I have with it is that ECNL is run by US Club Soccer not US Soccer (USSF)… there is no direct connection to the national team or youth national teams. really there is a "go between" between the ECNL and WNT and WYNT.

this is a serious issue because it is run essentially by youth soccer clubs. the whole point of getting away from USYSA was to remove the hand of greedy club owners, to weed out the bad teams and provide the best possible platform for competition amongst the best players. when clubs run the competition and not a higher authority above them we have a less efficient process of identifying the most talented players. clubs have their ulterior motives and their interests, more often, are not in line with the best interests of the players they are lucky to acquire/coach.

Comment

*problem

Comment

Interesting. Most people I talk to never even heard about this board until a few months ago.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X