Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

[
f.) practice is at NYIT, Manhasset (M, Tu, w, Th) and US Academy of Soccer bubble (fridays only)

do you know practice time at NYIT for current older kids U11-13 ? its 6-7:30?
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Default Thank you

Thank you to all the answers on the team. Have a great long weekend !!!
Old 05-24-2018
Unregistered

Make sure you clarify the frequency of your practice. Yes, they are at those locations those days but some teams only train 2x a week in season and 1x a week in the off-season.
Old 05-25-2018
Unregistered

My son trains twice a week now and one day a week over the past winter. I registered him for additional training with another club to supplement. Yes, I am BarÁa red parent, and yes, if The Kings Park project happens I have to seriously re-evaluate my commitment to the club because of the additional 30-45 minute (one-way) commute from Nassau Co. that I would see.

IMO, Barca is not DA and I donít think they will get it in any time frame relevant with my sonís development. Yes, itís a solid short range option but by no means a long term destination.

Please donít bash me, OP asked a question. I am answering with my experience sprinkled with a bit of opinion.
Old 05-25-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son trains twice a week now and one day a week over the past winter. I registered him for additional training with another club to supplement. Yes, I am BarÁa red parent, and yes, if The Kings Park project happens I have to seriously re-evaluate my commitment to the club because of the additional 30-45 minute (one-way) commute from Nassau Co. that I would see.

IMO, Barca is not DA and I donít think they will get it in any time frame relevant with my sonís development. Yes, itís a solid short range option but by no means a long term destination.

Please donít bash me, OP asked a question. I am answering with my experience sprinkled with a bit of opinion.
Not bashing you at all BUT I am a Barca RED parent and your experience doesn't match up to anything Red team parents say. so I choose to not believe that you are a Barca RED parent. Every player and family was told from the very beginning that the Kings Park facility was being built and would happen soon. It was spoken about frequently.
Also, There were NO RED teams practicing one day during the winter and 2 now(if you go back and look at your schedule- they all had 2 day winter training schedules). You should recheck the schedules since you are probably missing practices each week.
Added note- Whether you are with barca or any other club- Being a DA team means nothing special- Ask MOST DA team parents, besides NYCFC and Red Bulls since they are free. Many EDP and/or NPL teams can hold can compete against them. The training at Barca is why you should be there- I know our team couldn't care less if we are DA. Of course, we are all entitled to our opinions and wish you Good Luck in your endeavors.
Old 05-25-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
[
f.) practice is at NYIT, Manhasset (M, Tu, w, Th) and US Academy of Soccer bubble (fridays only)

do you know practice time at NYIT for current older kids U11-13 ? its 6-7:30?
yes that is the time for the older kids.
Old 05-25-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Make sure you clarify the frequency of your practice. Yes, they are at those locations those days but some teams only train 2x a week in season and 1x a week in the off-season.
thats the training for all gold teams - (third team)
Old 05-25-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Not bashing you at all BUT I am a Barca RED parent and your experience doesn't match up to anything Red team parents say. so I choose to not believe that you are a Barca RED parent. Every player and family was told from the very beginning that the Kings Park facility was being built and would happen soon. It was spoken about frequently.
Also, There were NO RED teams practicing one day during the winter and 2 now(if you go back and look at your schedule- they all had 2 day winter training schedules). You should recheck the schedules since you are probably missing practices each week.
Added note- Whether you are with barca or any other club- Being a DA team means nothing special- Ask MOST DA team parents, besides NYCFC and Red Bulls since they are free. Many EDP and/or NPL teams can hold can compete against them. The training at Barca is why you should be there- I know our team couldn't care less if we are DA. Of course, we are all entitled to our opinions and wish you Good Luck in your endeavors.
i happen to agree with you, unless of course he could not make it to the third weekly sessions due to scheduling and 2nd in winter. but yes, it is true that blue and red have the same quantity of training while gold is one day less. not agreeing with the clubs position on that because i am a gold parent! LOL. i do supplement my kids training as well.
Old 05-25-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
yes that is the time for the older kids.
any older kids practice from 7:30-9:00 or 7-8:30 ?
Old 05-25-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
any older kids practice from 7:30-9:00 or 7-8:30 ?
06 - to 01 monday and thurs. 8 - 9pm and 9 to 10. ages really are all over the place on any given day..not just younger kids early..but the younger kids are only early.