Having a really strong player doesn’t make it “an actual team?”

Yeah, ok.

Comment

Might want to let NEFC know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Having a really strong player doesn’t make it “an actual team?”

Yeah, ok.
        I think our illiterate friend is saying select is riding one star to get a win and nefc has a team that plays together. That seems to be their model and it works I guess

Comment

You've back your way into proving how ridiculous this thread is. The fact that one single player can affect a game so much shows why it shouldn't matter at this point.

In two years, everything has changed and more often than not...that player isn't the star any longer.

Anyway, ice cream after the win: yay or nay? Or, just a packet of gummies?

Comment

I think our illiterate friend is saying select is riding one star to get a win and nefc has a team that plays together. That seems to be their model and it works I guess
            I'm not sure how anyone who has seen that SSS play can say they are riding one star. That is an extremely well coached team that plays as a unit. They would almost certainly still be the second best 07 team in the state without their best player.

Also, the NEFC Central team doesn't player pass. Most of their talent is in the Central region anyway. They have enough talent in the Central region to field two teams in the Premiership.

Comment

Good luck to all the 2007s this weekend.

FC Boston & SOL should end up with a rematch in the Needham tournament final.

Where are Select & NEFC Central? Don’t see them listed on the GPS tournament site.

Comment

Where are Select & NEFC Central? Don’t see them listed on the GPS tournament site.
                I heard there was a birthday party and they were all going to that instead. Cupcakes win out at this age.

Comment

Playing up in u12.

Comment

I heard there was a birthday party and they were all going to that instead. Cupcakes win out at this age.
                    Well, no. SSS is actually playing up a division with the U12 super group at GPS but keep pretending these girls aren't real players to make yourself feel better that your own kid fizzled out around u13.

"Discussing 11 year olds is so silly! But I'm going to follow along on a thread about them even though I don't have a kid in that age group because I want everyone to hear my opinion on how silly it is". We get it. Your kid isn't very good and you're compensating by putting down others. Cool. Have a cookie and move along.

Comment

Well, no. SSS is actually playing up a division with the U12 super group at GPS but keep pretending these girls aren't real players to make yourself feel better that your own kid fizzled out around u13.

"Discussing 11 year olds is so silly! But I'm going to follow along on a thread about them even though I don't have a kid in that age group because I want everyone to hear my opinion on how silly it is". We get it. Your kid isn't very good and you're compensating by putting down others. Cool. Have a cookie and move along.
                      I'll show her this thread after she gets back from college in a couple of weeks. Just completed a successful junior year, 2nd as a starter. She'll shake her head as I continue to do. "When will they realize results don't matter at this age?" will be the discussion.

We talk a lot about how poor she was at that age, and how the supahstahs at this age mostly left the game. She'll thank me, again, for not being "that parent".

In the meantime, continue withe your d!ck measuring contest while the game falls apart.

Comment

This poster is right. Try to remember back when your oldest kid was U11, all the hope and excitement of watching her play. These parents shouldn't be denied that same experience just because some jaded parent of a U14 player wants to impart their wisdom on them. They'll figure it out soon enough, so let them enjoy it while it lasts. Honestly, I find it quite refreshing to read about which U11 team is predicted to win whatever Memorial Day tournament than all the hemming and hawing over GDA v ECNL v NPL and the constant complaints about money and travel time from all the U13-U19 player parents.

Comment

I'll show her this thread after she gets back from college in a couple of weeks. Just completed a successful junior year, 2nd as a starter. She'll shake her head as I continue to do. "When will they realize results don't matter at this age?" will be the discussion.

We talk a lot about how poor she was at that age, and how the supahstahs at this age mostly left the game. She'll thank me, again, for not being "that parent".

In the meantime, continue withe your d!ck measuring contest while the game falls apart.
                          Will you discuss why you are reading page after page on a thread that has no bearing on your life whatsoever? Will she ask why you didn't pursue your own interests all those years ago so that after she moved on to live her own life, you had something better to do than speaking down to parents whose kids actually play in the age group being discussed? Will she be as embarrassed for you as I'm actually starting to be?

Comment

Lol! Lemme guess. Stanford, right?

Comment

Lol! Lemme guess. Stanford, right?
                              Ha, no. Not good enough. You people need to set realistic expectations.

DII player.

Comment

Will you discuss why you are reading page after page on a thread that has no bearing on your life whatsoever? Will she ask why you didn't pursue your own interests all those years ago so that after she moved on to live her own life, you had something better to do than speaking down to parents whose kids actually play in the age group being discussed? Will she be as embarrassed for you as I'm actually starting to be?
                                Sure it has a bearing.

I love soccer. Have loved it for decades. I want us to succeed at all levels and grow the game to be a world power. It needs development, not parents on the sidelines bragging. It's the wrong approach and if one person gives pause, then it's worth it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X