Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looking at the college commits, I can’t help but be impressed by CU. They must be doing something right.
    Even young Huskie and Notre Dame commits. When was the last time we had a soccer player play at Notre Dame?

Comment

Even young Huskie and Notre Dame commits. When was the last time we had a soccer player play at Notre Dame?
      Great accomplishment, absolutely. Let’s wait and see if they actually play there.

There have been great players from this state go to top programs, some played a lot and some hardly got a sniff of the pitch. Schools like Stanford, UW, Florida State, Pepperdine. A couple players in this current class going to great programs like Cal and Georgetown.

It is a mountain to climb at some of these bigger programs for Oregon girls. Wish them all well!

Comment

Great accomplishment, absolutely. Let’s wait and see if they actually play there.

There have been great players from this state go to top programs, some played a lot and some hardly got a sniff of the pitch. Schools like Stanford, UW, Florida State, Pepperdine. A couple players in this current class going to great programs like Cal and Georgetown.

It is a mountain to climb at some of these bigger programs for Oregon girls. Wish them all well!
        Not sure UW and Peperdine qualify as great soccer schools.

Comment

You’re right. UW is not in that category. Pepperdine is not upper echelon of quality, but I will give them credit for consistently being in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Much more impressive if they play but impressive simply to be recruited by those schools. Much more impressive to be a bench warmer at Notre Dame than to play for some low level D3. A Notre Dame degree is impressive on its own merit.

Comment

Cal is not a great soccer school. Solid, but not great. They consistently finish top 4 or 5 in a tough conference, then can’t win once in playoffs. Knocked out by Pepperdine and Santa Clara last couple seasons in the first round. Haven’t been to a final four in decades. Great education does not mean great soccer.

Comment

Cal is not a great soccer school. Solid, but not great. They consistently finish top 4 or 5 in a tough conference, then can’t win once in playoffs. Knocked out by Pepperdine and Santa Clara last couple seasons in the first round. Haven’t been to a final four in decades. Great education does not mean great soccer.
                Sorry but Cal is pretty near tippy top for Oregon girls. Only a few Oregon girls even go to the bottom PAC 12 colleges. Sure Cal isn’t Stanford or UCLA, but our girls almost never go to the cream of the crop soccer schools. Cal is top notch academics too. Cal beats the heck out of the low level d2 & d3 schools that most Oregon girls go to. When comparing commitment results from Oregon teams, Cal commits pretty much put you at the top of the success list. Most of our best girls only make it as far as the Ducks & Beavers. Any Pac12 commit is a top tip top success story for Oregon.

Comment

Much more impressive if they play but impressive simply to be recruited by those schools. Much more impressive to be a bench warmer at Notre Dame than to play for some low level D3. A Notre Dame degree is impressive on its own merit.
                  So, after the years of training, competition and talk of college, you'd rather your DD sat the bench at Notre Dame than played at the D2 or D3 level? I would think a true competitor would want to continue playing. Name-brand degrees are not what they used to be.

Comment

Yes, but very expensive. Hopefully family's going this route keep an eye on degree track. ROI on ND degree needs attention.

Comment

Sorry but Cal is pretty near tippy top for Oregon girls. Only a few Oregon girls even go to the bottom PAC 12 colleges. Sure Cal isn’t Stanford or UCLA, but our girls almost never go to the cream of the crop soccer schools. Cal is top notch academics too. Cal beats the heck out of the low level d2 & d3 schools that most Oregon girls go to. When comparing commitment results from Oregon teams, Cal commits pretty much put you at the top of the success list. Most of our best girls only make it as far as the Ducks & Beavers. Any Pac12 commit is a top tip top success story for Oregon.
                      I agree it is top for Oregon girls. Not top across the country was my point, though if I were a hs player I’d jump at that opportunity in a heartbeat!

Comment

I would much prefer my daughter gets a great education!

Comment

Every squad in D1 needs 25-28 members each season, with the top third (8-9 players) getting about 70% of the athletic aid, 25% of athletic aid going to the middle third and about 5% athletic aid going to the bottom third. Filling spots 16 to 26 is the hardest job the D1 coach has with little to no athletic aid and the promise of a practice jersey and track suit to wear sitting on the bench. No envy for that predicament. All the best.

Comment

I would much prefer my daughter gets a great education!
                            Stay on topic! Not only talking about a great education, which I'm sure everyone wants for their children!

Comment

Stay on topic! Not only talking about a great education, which I'm sure everyone wants for their children!
                              Just saying I would choose education over soccer every time. You're the one saying a good soccer program is better than a great education.

Comment

Just saying I would choose education over soccer every time. You're the one saying a good soccer program is better than a great education.
                                Never made that point. I was pointing out great soccer programs, not great educational institutions. Oregon girls can definitely get into schools that have a great education, hardly any get to a school that is a great soccer program.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X