BS is BS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beachside has a statement on their website that says 85% of their graduating players play college varsity soccer and then lists about 10 players per graduating class (and only a few girls...). Interesting math. MK, don't let reality get in the way of a good lie.....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hi everyone,

What a mess, my son is on the U-12 Beachside DA team, and I just found out that 7 of the top 10 players of our team are LEAVING at the end of this season.

They're going to NYSC, NYCFC, Barca NY, and some back to town travel.

Now I understand the NYCFC thing, that is an MLS program and although MK doesn't suppor them (although he claims to but we all know differently) NYSC and Barca NY, and back to town travel.... this is curious to me.

Before I continue, I should say I totally understand why they are leaving. But what about those left behind? Our team is decimated ... and as I talk to parents, the common theme is that we're not practicing enough, the club doesn't respect the parents, and the kids don't like the coaching.

Well damn it man.... what am I suppose to say to that?

Signed sad parent, left behind, didn't act soon enough I guess.

this sucks
      You practice 3-4 times a week
      Your coaches on that team are good or even very good.
      I agree you aren't treated very well by management.
      Welcome to DA soccer.

Comment

It is true

It’s not even debatable.
        Team managers kid lol.

Comment

NY vulture clubs picking off the BS carcass.
          Greek villa time.

Comment

If your club hinges on any single age group or just a few, then you are in trouble .... especially when the kids are only 10 or 11 ...... that is said that you would even think that a group of 10 year olds could save a club. There is no future if this is true and anyone that would stay and wiat to see what happens is a fool.
            Its not about 10 year olds. It's about simple math. If you believe the frequency of exceptional talent is randomly and evenly distributed, you need to have access to the largest possible pool in order to end up with 1-2 stars and a solid team I. 7 to 8 years. If the BS pool is drying up, the chances they will have quality in the future is reduced.

Comment

Its not about 10 year olds. It's about simple math. If you believe the frequency of exceptional talent is randomly and evenly distributed, you need to have access to the largest possible pool in order to end up with 1-2 stars and a solid team I. 7 to 8 years. If the BS pool is drying up, the chances they will have quality in the future is reduced.
              Nah. If people want it and they're good they can join later. Ask OW.

Comment

Hi everyone,

What a mess, my son is on the U-12 Beachside DA team, and I just found out that 7 of the top 10 players of our team are LEAVING at the end of this season.

They're going to NYSC, NYCFC, Barca NY, and some back to town travel.

Now I understand the NYCFC thing, that is an MLS program and although MK doesn't suppor them (although he claims to but we all know differently) NYSC and Barca NY, and back to town travel.... this is curious to me.

Before I continue, I should say I totally understand why they are leaving. But what about those left behind? Our team is decimated ... and as I talk to parents, the common theme is that we're not practicing enough, the club doesn't respect the parents, and the kids don't like the coaching.

Well damn it man.... what am I suppose to say to that?

Signed sad parent, left behind, didn't act soon enough I guess.

this sucks
                Is it true that 7 2006 academy players leaving?

Comment

Okay so if 7 2006 left last year and 7 this year they still have plenty of time to get new players and develop a team before standings are even in place. Talk to a parent of any older kid in soccer. Most will say how their thoughts on competitive soccer have changed from the beginning. They laugh at how they behaved in the beginning.

2006 have a good coach and some talented players. All the players are good so those left behind will have an opportunity to step up. Kids will still want to play at Beachside. They walk by and have a presence. They may not be winning right now but you still get to play against some great players and MLS teams.

Comment

Beachside - its their own fault

I don't even know whom to blame anymore.... MK, the Club, the coaches, or the filth that the club attracts.

At this point it doesn't even matter, the Club has turned into crap and its their own damn fault.

This club will REQUIRE a merger in a matter of 1-2-3 years. If they wait 3 years they'll have no leverage at all. They tried this year and failed so I heard. Who knows if that is true or not... I don't even care.

CFC
                    FSA
                    OW
                    FCW
                    NYSC

They're ALL doing a better job these days than Beachside.... how can Beachside compete? They're rude, they behave entitled, they have no home campus, their teams don't perform that well, and they are surrounded by scandal after scandal, always involving money. Which by the way the soccer community NEVER hears about from any other club. Why is that?

Someone once said where there is smoke there is fire.....if you believe there is smoke .... then you have to believe there is a flame.... and we all know what/where that flame is.

Comment

Okay so if 7 2006 left last year and 7 this year they still have plenty of time to get new players and develop a team before standings are even in place. Talk to a parent of any older kid in soccer. Most will say how their thoughts on competitive soccer have changed from the beginning. They laugh at how they behaved in the beginning.

2006 have a good coach and some talented players. All the players are good so those left behind will have an opportunity to step up. Kids will still want to play at Beachside. They walk by and have a presence. They may not be winning right now but you still get to play against some great players and MLS teams.
                      That sounds good in theory but not in reality. How many top shelf players are there in CT at every age group? While some years may be better than others, in a state like CT and more specifically localized to within 30 min of Fairfield County, there are no more than 20 or at the maximum 30 truly exceptional players at an age group. Some years ago, BS would find and get the vast majority of those players.

When you lose 7 in one year and another 7 the following year, you can't go to a limitless well and just pull in some more bodies. Sure some of the kids will step up but even if BS had the greatest training in the world, they would not be able to turn average kids into studs.

BS will always field very solid teams. However if the goal of DA is to find and nurture the best soccer talent in an area, BS will struggle unless something changes.

I'm not a BS hater. I've always thought they had quality, well coached teams. However, we know a ton of families there and none of them are happy. They all have different reasons but they all have issues big enough to push them to want to leave. Simply stated... that's not an indication of a healthy, thriving, positive environment. Our club has lots of issues (and we nearly left this year) but BS issues seem to be at a whole other level.

Comment

It's the parents fault

Comment

It's the parents fault

Signed - MK
                          Success is a Choice
                          That's more like it

Comment

That's more like it
                            Please don't let this thread die. It is way too entertaining and work is way too boring.

When will BS send offers out? Can't wait to decline

Comment

BS is BS will never die

RUMOR - completely unsubstantiated.

MK called an emergency meeting today with his coaches over the sheer number of top academy players informing the club of their decision to leave the club.

Reminds of when Lehman went down, it doesn't happen overnight, its a crawl led by poor management and when it comes to the surface, its to late.

That is where Beachside is right now.

Comment

He was allegedly caught on tape buying large volumes of zip ties and duct tape at Home Depot, to be distributed to coaches at the alleged meeting.

Players will not be allowed to leave, allegedly.

Time for a last stand.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X