X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Question

Why are some DA clubs embracing NYCFC if all they do is TAKE?

World Class, NYSC, Met Oval, they seem to have a warm and fuzzy relationship. NYCFC takes more players from them then they do Beachside, so why aren't they screaming ROBBERY and THEFT the way Beachside is.

The answer is simple, Beachside is BS.
    Mickey is analogous to the Japanese soldiers who fought on islands long after WW2 ended. They refused to admit that the war was over and a new world order had emerged

Comment

Question

Why are some DA clubs embracing NYCFC if all they do is TAKE?

World Class, NYSC, Met Oval, they seem to have a warm and fuzzy relationship. NYCFC takes more players from them then they do Beachside, so why aren't they screaming ROBBERY and THEFT the way Beachside is.

The answer is simple, Beachside is BS.
      1) those clubs know that a clear path to MLS is attractive to families, even if very few will ever get there. Better to embrace it and make it happen for players than fight it

2) those clubs ahve bigger talent pools in a more concentrated area. CT is small and what talent there is divided. MK has to fight to keep every good player, by hook or by crook.

Comment

It was tongue and cheek, although it pretty much sums up BS's attitude.

If MLS pulls out of DA, as is rumored, clubs like BS won't survive. The only reason they can sell DA to non MLS-caliber players is that they get to play against MLS caliber players. Take the high caliber competition out and they're just another club with more restrictions.
        What does “tongue and cheek” mean exactly?

Comment

Beachside of CT
          ‏ @BeachsideSC

3-4-0 this weekend with a great win over #NYCFC ⚽️
          Always exciting to host #NYCFC

U12s win 5-4
          U14s win 4-2
          U17s win 1-0 with a dramatic winner in the 78 minute!
          #SuccessIsAChoice

Comment

Beachside of CT
            ‏ @BeachsideSC

U12s win 5-4
            U14s win 4-2
            #SuccessIsAChoice
            And the losses? Conveniently glossed over those

Comment

Beachside of CT
              ‏ @BeachsideSC

U12s win 5-4
              U14s win 4-2
              #SuccessIsAChoice
              Old news games played 4/28

U19s lost 1-6
              U15s lost 0-2
              U13s lost 0-2

Comment

Old news games played 4/28

U19s lost 1-6
                U15s lost 0-2
                U13s lost 0-2
                U19s have 25 players on the roster, many of them 99s. NYCFC played several 01 and even 02s in that game and still trounced BS. Ouch.

Comment

U19s have 25 players on the roster, many of them 99s. NYCFC played several 01 and even 02s in that game and still trounced BS. Ouch.
                  Yup ... that's why touting scores is meaningless

Comment

Beachside of CT
                    ‏ @BeachsideSC

U12s win 5-4
                    U14s win 4-2
                    #SuccessIsAChoice
                    Superior BS training is the key.

Comment

Superior BS training is the key.
                      Ahh yes. The training where every BS team does the exact same drills during practice. You watch 4 different teams practicing on the same field and they are all doing the same drills.

Its too much to ask to create drills which work on the unique areas for development each team has. Heaven forbid the coaches take the time to set up drills to work on deficiencies that popped up in a previous game. Perhaps set something up for the keepers so they don't practice as field players?

Nope. MK wants robots (both in coaches and players).

Comment

Training

Is training at other clubs different than BS practice? I heard lots of BS players are going to NYSC. Is training there better? What do other clubs do for practice?

Comment

anyone made NYCFC academy team from NYCFC Academy ID evaluation ?

Comment

Is training at other clubs different than BS practice? I heard lots of BS players are going to NYSC. Is training there better? What do other clubs do for practice?
                            Last month when my youngest son decided he outgrew travel and wanted to do premier, we went to watch practices of a few teams. I wanted him to see the difference and also get a feel for the level of talent he would see. Watching his older sisters' premier teams just wasn't enough.

Some observations:
                            -All of the clubs we saw ran their practices with more purpose, structure, and urgency than travel. Better organized, short breaks, consistent tempo.
                            -What folks said about BS is 100% correct. We attended 2 different practices and they were nearly identical. 1.5 hours of various possession drills ranging from Rondo to pattern passing. Even the scrimmage was designed to stress passing over any individual play or creativity.
                            -All other clubs we looked at (Everton, FCW, & NYSC) did very similar passing drills but there was at least 30-45 min spent on dribbling, 1v1, Courvers, receiving, first touch, etc.
                            -Coaching styles were also very different. BS coaches were either very quiet and mostly said "good, good, nice" or screamed when kids were messing up. One drill had a very complex passing pattern and the coach yelled at the kids for not understanding how to run the pattern.
                            -I would describe BS coaches more as "managers" who structure and organize the team. The other coaches I saw were more "trainers" who work on building skills.

Ultimately, it depends on what your kid wants/needs to be successful and the type of coaching he will enjoy/respect/respond to. I have an opinion as to which one is better, but I know many kids who thrive under that type of system. For my son, we just needed him to be surrounded by the strongest possible players - which led us to BS. I am aware of the problems and issues. We think it will work for him, but I know it won't for many other kids.

Comment

Last month when my youngest son decided he outgrew travel and wanted to do premier, we went to watch practices of a few teams. I wanted him to see the difference and also get a feel for the level of talent he would see. Watching his older sisters' premier teams just wasn't enough.

Some observations:
                              -All of the clubs we saw ran their practices with more purpose, structure, and urgency than travel. Better organized, short breaks, consistent tempo.
                              -What folks said about BS is 100% correct. We attended 2 different practices and they were nearly identical. 1.5 hours of various possession drills ranging from Rondo to pattern passing. Even the scrimmage was designed to stress passing over any individual play or creativity.
                              -All other clubs we looked at (Everton, FCW, & NYSC) did very similar passing drills but there was at least 30-45 min spent on dribbling, 1v1, Courvers, receiving, first touch, etc.
                              -Coaching styles were also very different. BS coaches were either very quiet and mostly said "good, good, nice" or screamed when kids were messing up. One drill had a very complex passing pattern and the coach yelled at the kids for not understanding how to run the pattern.
                              -I would describe BS coaches more as "managers" who structure and organize the team. The other coaches I saw were more "trainers" who work on building skills.

Ultimately, it depends on what your kid wants/needs to be successful and the type of coaching he will enjoy/respect/respond to. I have an opinion as to which one is better, but I know many kids who thrive under that type of system. For my son, we just needed him to be surrounded by the strongest possible players - which led us to BS. I am aware of the problems and issues. We think it will work for him, but I know it won't for many other kids.
                              I'm a current (and soon to be ex) BS dad. I agree with the above and also add that BS does zero agility, conditioning, and coordination training - which is critical at this age for any young kid who is developing.

There is also no tactical training. Keepers are not taught to come out in 1on1 or how to defend a set play. Field players not taught how to defend as a unit, set a wall, run a corner kick, offside trap, hold a defensive line on a free kick, how/where to move without the ball, etc. As someone who paid nearly $4k, i cant believe most of the kids on a "top" team still don't even know how to do a proper throw in.

Abysmal. Simply abysmal.

Comment

It's definitely peak CT TS when all the threads converge to BS.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X