Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    $150 is not a big deal. The soccer isn’t that great but that’s not because of a try out fee.
    It’s not $150. And if you aren’t trying out why is it any of your business?

Comment

If they get 6 or seven kids to try outs they get about a grand. Not bad for a couple hours work.

You for get about the money made from RTC/ODP than after that pay to play is finished, They ask that your player come to a tryout for the Thorn's Academy where they charge you more money . On the flip side of things we all have a choice and funny to see year after year all the complainers that return because of the program being so bad.

Comment

You for get about the money made from RTC/ODP than after that pay to play is finished, They ask that your player come to a tryout for the Thorn's Academy where they charge you more money . On the flip side of things we all have a choice and funny to see year after year all the complainers that return because of the program being so bad.
        Not many still do odp. It lost its appeal many years ago.

Comment

No all the ECNL girls still do it.

Comment

Do they still operate the ODP franchise?

Comment

It’s not $150. And if you aren’t trying out why is it any of your business?
              US Soccer rules are pretty clear that try out fees are not allowed.

Comment

US Soccer rules are pretty clear that try out fees are not allowed.
                Google service appropriation and fungible. The money can be whatever you want it to be.

Comment

I dont think they are charging fees this year. Does anyone know if this is true?

Comment

I dont think they are charging fees this year. Does anyone know if this is true?
                    No tryout fees. Just show up and you're in. Not sure WHAT you're in since DA is closed. But you're in.

Comment

The Globe's premier women's professional team The 'NWSL Thorns' somehow landed in Portland Oregon, go figure. They along with their MLS brother Timbers actually pay for their own youth academy kids to participate. Unlike the local club fare that charge you(parent) thousands to join their pay to travel model, no need to tryout, just the ability to pay will suffice especially during Cov-19. Per their website. Be well and stupid.

Comment

As long as family, friends and co-workers dont know this. It is always fun telling them my little Suzie plays for the Thorns and is only one tier/level of being called up.

Comment

No tryout fees. Just show up and you're in. Not sure WHAT you're in since DA is closed. But you're in.
                          Do they get enough players to try outs?

I know they got some high school kids that were cut in the past which is good. Those kids deserve to get to play soccer too.

Kids are people too.

Comment

The Globe's premier women's professional team The 'NWSL Thorns' somehow landed in Portland Oregon, go figure. They along with their MLS brother Timbers actually pay for their own youth academy kids to participate. Unlike the local club fare that charge you(parent) thousands to join their pay to travel model, no need to tryout, just the ability to pay will suffice especially during Cov-19. Per their website. Be well and stupid.
                            Subsidized? The fees for Thorns are like 8k up front and they don’t even know what league they are in.

Comment

Subsidized? The fees for Thorns are like 8k up front and they don’t even know what league they are in.
                              No brainer! Where do I sign up and to whom do I give my money?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X