X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US WOMENS SOCCER

Originally posted by guest21
    The US Womans team plays great relative to the rest of the world and has been great for decades. However relative to technical skills and any other skills relative to team play like passing, the men's soccer game is either way ahead becuase of the overall comptetition level or men's soccer has better coaching all around. At least thats what my 10 year old says when he watches the US team play...that the US woman's team does not pass as well as the boys when he watches them play. That does not mean that they are not great soccer players individually or great athletes in my opinion.

This is about the Women's game! Everyone knows that Men and Women are different. If they were not different they would play on the same team. Please stay out of this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
      I am quiet surprised at how naive many people are to how good the USA program is for women. This is one program unlike the USA men that gets it right. The womens program is consistently the best in the world. However that does not mean that other teams are not equally good or as talented. For some reason,people forget this is sports and you play the game to determine the outcome. Again, go check the stats, the USA women's national team have lost 1 game in the last three years. That's a stat that is pretty hard to find any negatives. :)
      Thank you...Thank you...Thank you. Finally someone on this thread with intelligence. There are a few people who come on here and bash the U.S. WNT because their little girl did not make the cut in ODP. So now because little Susie did not make the cut, the whole U.S. system is "bad" and only caters to "big" girls. That is a load of crock of course. Did you see the U15 GNT and U17 GNT train and play games in Sunrise (at the hotel)? These were not big Abby Wambach like players. These were very skilled fast players (some tall, some average, some small). These players all came through the ODP system. I am not defending the ODP system, nor am I saying it is perfect. All I am saying is, on the girl's side, on the women's side, U.S. Soccer has done a pretty good job....for decades.

Our Women's team may not have looked pretty against Brazil but I've seen them play pretty soccer against many opponents. The most important thing for Coach Pia and the WNT was that they got the result against Brazil (with or without Marta, Daniella, and Christine). The team needed that boost of confidence especially after the World Cup result. The fact is great teams adjust, regroup, and taylor their formation and style of play to better deal with their opponents. So like it or not, the U.S. Women's National Team did just that against Brazil and they got the result. Yes, the U.S. WNT is still the best in the World for decades now!

Comment

Be aware of impersonators and haters
        Brasilans don't say "nil" ???[/quote]

Comment

Be aware of impersonators and haters
          Brasilans don't say "nil" ???
          [/quote]

Comment

Once again the U.S. Women showed why they are the Gold medal favorites. 1-0 over brazil but this time in more dominating fashion. Any comments bashers?

Comment

Wambach's broken leg mars US win over Brazil
              1 hour, 46 minutes ago

Buzz Up Print
              SAN DIEGO (AP)-On a night when the United States woman should have been
              eyeing the upcoming Olympics, they were dealt a crushing blow to their
              gold medal hopes when Abby Wambach broke her left leg.

Wambach, the team's leading scorer, was carted off the field after a
              violent collision in the first half of a 1-0 win over Brazil. Wambach is
              expected to be out for 12 weeks and will miss the Olympics, which start
              in three weeks.

Wambach fractured both her tibia and fibula and will have surgery
              Thursday to have a titanium rod inserted into her leg.

"I want to thank all the fans, the doctors, the players on the team and
              Tasha Kai for scoring the winning goal," Wambach said from the emergency
              room. "Obviously, it's devastating, but above everything else, I'm only
              one player, and you can never win a championship with just one player. I
              have the utmost confidence in this team bringing home the gold."

Wambach is the team's leading scorer this year with 13 goals and 10
              assists. She has led the team in scoring in the last three major
              championships and is one of the top scorers in U.S. history with 99
              goals in 127 games.

"I was very emotional," U.S. captain Lindsay Tarpley said of seeing
              Wambach taken off the field. "She is one of my best friends."

The match, the Americans' final tuneup before they begin defense of
              their Olympic title, was won on Natasha Kai's second-half goal. Kai
              replaced Wambach on the field.

"My heart sank," Kai said. "We need her. She's a big piece of a great
              team."

Wambach went down hard after a collision with Brazilian defender Andreia
              Rosa. The players were going for the ball and both went down hard.
              Wambach began signaling the sideline almost immediately for help. She
              appeared to be in considerable pain as paramedics fit her with an
              inflatable brace before carting her off the field after 6 minutes.

"We will miss her if she missed the Olympics," U.S. coach Pia Sundhage
              said.

Andreia Rosa got up after a minute and continued in the game.

The U.S. opens its Olympics on Aug. 6 against Norway. That title defense
              will now be much tougher.

"I'm excited to watch them and cheer them on during this challenge
              they've been presented with," Wambach said. "It's really going to take
              everyone coming together. I love them all so much, and appreciate so
              many people involved with this game and the team.

"I put my heart and soul into this game every day, but sometimes
              accidents happen. I've gotten so many calls already, and I just want to
              say how much I appreciate that."

Wambach is seeking to become just the ninth female player to reach 100
              goals and the fifth American. She is also one of the most experienced
              U.S. players on a young squad.

Kai scored the only goal on a header in the 84th minute off a free kick
              from Carli Lloyd.

The win raised the Americans' 2008 record to 21-0-1 and extended their
              home unbeaten streak to 31. The U.S. team beat Brazil 1-0 on Sunday at
              Commerce City, Colo. It was the fourth U.S. win in five matches by a 1-0
              score.

Comment

Once again the U.S. Women showed why they are the Gold medal favorites. 1-0 over brazil but this time in more dominating fashion. Any comments bashers?
                What was so dominating. A goal in the 85th minute? No gold.

Comment

Brazil barely touched the ball the entire game.

Comment

It must be difficult to appreciate the game when you have no understanding of it. Unfortunately the US team looked just as dismal as they did three days ago against the same opponent. Brazil too looked poor in the final third. Keep in mind that many of the Brazil players who participated are not full NT members but rather U20 team members getting prepared for their own competitions. The US team is in no better hands now than they were with April H. Our girls have worked very hard but in the end do not possess the technical ability to be successful against the best teams. We have a very weak group at the Olympics which should help but in the end we will have to play against Germany or the full Brazil squad at some point and will be shown the door when we do. Pia decided to try and get the win last night in lieu of getting valuable training time for her subs. Big mistake going into a tournament this large without having quality minutes from all players. We need to revamp the team including a better coach.

Comment

It must be difficult to appreciate the game when you have no understanding of it. Unfortunately the US team looked just as dismal as they did three days ago against the same opponent. Brazil too looked poor in the final third. Keep in mind that many of the Brazil players who participated are not full NT members but rather U20 team members getting prepared for their own competitions. The US team is in no better hands now than they were with April H. Our girls have worked very hard but in the end do not possess the technical ability to be successful against the best teams. We have a very weak group at the Olympics which should help but in the end we will have to play against Germany or the full Brazil squad at some point and will be shown the door when we do. Pia decided to try and get the win last night in lieu of getting valuable training time for her subs. Big mistake going into a tournament this large without having quality minutes from all players. We need to revamp the team including a better coach.

Yes...let's get your little Ronaldinha on the team fast! And let's add you as the coach because with your guidance our players will make Cristiano Ronaldo look like a fat four-eyed rec player puffing on an inhaler.

Comment

What a bizare response to a well thought out post. It is very clear that our USWNT is struggling right now and that they do not play particularly attractive soccer. The players realize it as witnessed in Lloyd's halftime interview. The coach realizes it as witnessed in her post game interview. The Brazil roster was not their Olympic roster but our Olympic team was complete. We are not good in the final third because we lack the possession to be patient and allow opportunities to develop. I am not bashing our team simply stating the truth.

Comment

What was so dominating. A goal in the 85th minute? No gold.[/quote]

Brazil barely touched the ball the entire game.[/quote]

It must be difficult to appreciate the game when you have no understanding of it. Unfortunately the US team looked just as dismal as they did three days ago against the same opponent. Brazil too looked poor in the final third. Keep in mind that many of the Brazil players who participated are not full NT members but rather U20 team members getting prepared for their own competitions. The US team is in no better hands now than they were with April H. Our girls have worked very hard but in the end do not possess the technical ability to be successful against the best teams. We have a very weak group at the Olympics which should help but in the end we will have to play against Germany or the full Brazil squad at some point and will be shown the door when we do. Pia decided to try and get the win last night in lieu of getting valuable training time for her subs. Big mistake going into a tournament this large without having quality minutes from all players. We need to revamp the team including a better coach.[/quote]

Excellent post. Also, someone will have to step up and fill Abby's shoes. Only one I see with any hope is Amy Rodriguez. I really like how she plays.

Comment

Brazil barely touched the ball the entire game.[/quote]

It must be difficult to appreciate the game when you have no understanding of it. Unfortunately the US team looked just as dismal as they did three days ago against the same opponent. Brazil too looked poor in the final third. Keep in mind that many of the Brazil players who participated are not full NT members but rather U20 team members getting prepared for their own competitions. The US team is in no better hands now than they were with April H. Our girls have worked very hard but in the end do not possess the technical ability to be successful against the best teams. We have a very weak group at the Olympics which should help but in the end we will have to play against Germany or the full Brazil squad at some point and will be shown the door when we do. Pia decided to try and get the win last night in lieu of getting valuable training time for her subs. Big mistake going into a tournament this large without having quality minutes from all players. We need to revamp the team including a better coach.[/quote]

Excellent post. Also, someone will have to step up and fill Abby's shoes. Only one I see with any hope is Amy Rodriguez. I really like how she plays.[/quote]

WRONG!!! It is a stupid post. Both teams struggled in the attacking third. The U.S. team's performance however was much improved over the last game. They lost Wamback in the 33rd minute otherwise this would have been a 4 or 5 zero game. The only players missing from the Brazil squad was Marta, Christine, and Daniella. Great players yes, and true they would have had a great affect on the game. However in MY opinion the result would not have been different. The U.S. would still pull out the win. Yes WIN...which is very important the last game leading up to the Olympics. Do you not think Brazil was trying to win? Coach PIA made all the right moves and got the result that will give the team...the whole team...the confidence they need going into the tournament. Imaging if they had lost....idiots like you would come on here and say crap like "They can't win without Wambach"... therefore the coach did the right thing for the team. Easy group or group of death you still have to WIN to be crowned Champion. Now the U.S. WNT may not be the best technically or they may not play the prettiest soccer, or they may have trouble in the offensive third, but the BOTTOM LINE is with all those inperfections they are still the BEST in the WORLD....PERIOD!!!! The fact that they are critical of themselves speaks to the inate nature of a true competitor...always wanting to be better and always wanting to improve. Like I said....let's visit this thread again after Bejing...and please no stupid group of death excuses or this one got hurt or red carded etc. Okay!

Comment

What a bizare response to a well thought out post. It is very clear that our USWNT is struggling right now and that they do not play particularly attractive soccer. The players realize it as witnessed in Lloyd's halftime interview. The coach realizes it as witnessed in her post game interview. The Brazil roster was not their Olympic roster but our Olympic team was complete. We are not good in the final third because we lack the possession to be patient and allow opportunities to develop. I am not bashing our team simply stating the truth.
                              There is a very loud sect of Americans who can't stand criticism. This doesn't just have to do with sports. It has to do with politics too. Same mentality. They will never accept that they are not right 100% of the time and if they can't win their way, they'll blame everyone else for the failure.

Problem is, if you wrench the power away from them, they won't give you a free field to work in to make your case. You'll have to do it while they weigh you down.

Comment

There is a very loud sect of Americans who can't stand criticism. This doesn't just have to do with sports. It has to do with politics too. Same mentality. They will never accept that they are not right 100% of the time and if they can't win their way, they'll blame everyone else for the failure.

Problem is, if you wrench the power away from them, they won't give you a free field to work in to make your case. You'll have to do it while they weigh you down.
                                Huh? Dude...go back to whatever backassward country you're from and kiss my red white and blue ***!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X