Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: US WOMENS SOCCER

Im not sure how you can say that more creative players are coming. ODP coaches (at least in Fl) look for one thing. SIZE. We had 5 girls from our team try out for the state pool. The one kid that got selected was a head taller than the rest of our players that tried. She rarely gets off the bench in our gmes, and when she does, the fouls come fast and regular. The four kids that didn't get selected are far superior technically and all around better players. Fl ODP coaches need to get their head out of their a** and start selecting the best, not tallest, players.

Comment

Originally posted by guest111
      Im not sure how you can say that more creative players are coming. ODP coaches (at least in Fl) look for one thing. SIZE. We had 5 girls from our team try out for the state pool. The one kid that got selected was a head taller than the rest of our players that tried. She rarely gets off the bench in our gmes, and when she does, the fouls come fast and regular. The four kids that didn't get selected are far superior technically and all around better players. Fl ODP coaches need to get their head out of their a** and start selecting the best, not tallest, players.

ODP is a joke. Florida's prescence on the national youth soccer scene is a joke, not because we have have lesser quality players, but becasue of who runs the show here. Look at the WNT roster, mostly Calif, NJ and other big states. Texas is the next big wave. FL? pffffft.

Comment

Originally posted by guest111
        Forget Florida. It's not about teaching the kids here. It's about turf wars and winning games at any expensive, even to the exclusion of developing players. Players who do get developed, are developed because their parents either paid for special trainers, or the parents had skills to teach the kids.

And it's so darn competitive that relationships are strained after the kids go off to college. How do you build a soccer community with that kind of atmosphere?

Comment

Florida ODP is the biggest waste of time. get rid of all of the bums that are involved. start over

Comment

Thank you...you said it. The problem is not US Womens Soccer. We still have the number 1 program in the world. The problem is Florida...plain and simple Floridians suck...the parents, the coaches, FYSA, they all stink. The whole state is infested with the Latinos...we need to send them back on their boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
              Thank you...you said it. The problem is not US Womens Soccer. We still have the number 1 program in the world. The problem is Florida...plain and simple Floridians suck...the parents, the coaches, FYSA, they all stink. The whole state is infested with the Latinos...we need to send them back on their boats.
              Nobody agreed with your extended assessment, racist.

Comment

Unfortunately for you and all your KKK buddies, nobody is going back anywhere anytime soon, you better get use to your Latino neighbors or move somewhere else yourself because the Latino population will continue to rise steadily, not much you or anyone else can do, sorry about that.

Comment

I was only able to see the ending of the women's gold medal game. I'm watching the game from the start on nbc.com right now.

Here's what I see in the first 28 minutes:

1. The US has better opportunities to score. Partly because the US has the ability to shoot from distance.

2. Why is dribbling the ball into the corner and kicking the ball off a defender's shin creative? I saw some decent combination plays from the US ending with the last pass being a little too hard. One touch combination play is just as creative as dribbling into the corners.

3. Carli Lloyd dribbles when the moment is right, and passes the ball when she should. Her defense is outstanding, too.

4. Brazil likes to foul in US half of the field. Hitting someone while their back is facing you should be saved for Mixed Martial Arts fighting. The US players are much more disciplined and sound defensively.

5. Both teams are playing hard as hell. This makes beautiful soccer extremely difficult, but the game is very watchable and both teams are trying to play. The US has played the ball out of the back corners at least three times now under intense pressure sometimes with crazy Brazilian slide tackles. The sliding may be more intimidation than anything else. It's hard to concentrate with bodies sliding by.

6. Lori Chalupny is not confident on the ball. Lindsey Tarpley is forcing passes and then over-compensating by hitting passes too soft. Something may be wrong with Heather O'Reilly. She is depending on her speed too much.

7. Where is this first half Brazilian domination I've been hearing about?

8. Brazil has the skill. Why do they like to hit from behind so much? A calf contusion should slow down Heather later on. I believe you foul from behind because you're either too lazy, or not good enough defensively to be in a position to make a tackle or contain. There is no contain from behind, so you have to foul.

Oh, well. *pressing play* More comments later. My computer doesn't have the power to view the game and do other things at the same time.

Comment

Forgot to mention. I turned the volume down to zero, because the commentators were too annoying. How hard is it to describe the game? I don't want to hear your reason why someone should be open in the midfield or what you think someone needs to do to be more effective.

Comment

I was only able to see the ending of the women's gold medal game. I'm watching the game from the start on nbc.com right now.

1. The US has better opportunities to score. Partly because the US has the ability to shoot from distance.

2. Why is dribbling the ball into the corner and kicking the ball off a defender's shin creative? I saw some decent combination plays from the US ending with the last pass being a little too hard. One touch combination play is just as creative as dribbling into the corners.

3. Carli Lloyd dribbles when the moment is right, and passes the ball when she should. Her defense is outstanding, too.

4. Brazil likes to foul in US half of the field. Hitting someone while their back is facing you should be saved for Mixed Martial Arts fighting. The US players are much more disciplined and sound defensively.

5. Both teams are playing hard as hell. This makes beautiful soccer extremely difficult, but the game is very watchable and both teams are trying to play. The US has played the ball out of the back corners at least three times now under intense pressure sometimes with crazy Brazilian slide tackles. The sliding may be more intimidation than anything else. It's hard to concentrate with bodies sliding by.

6. Lori Chalupny is not confident on the ball. Lindsey Tarpley is forcing passes and then over-compensating by hitting passes too soft. Something may be wrong with Heather O'Reilly. She is depending on her speed too much.

8. Brazil has the skill. Why do they like to hit from behind so much? A calf contusion should slow down Heather later on. I believe you foul from behind because you're either too lazy, or not good enough defensively to be in a position to make a tackle or contain. There is no contain from behind, so you have to foul.

Oh, well. *pressing play* More comments later. My computer doesn't have the power to view the game and do other things at the same time.
                      As a former professional player, I could not agree with you less. Almost everything that you wrote is in direct contrast to what I observed. Not interested in going point by point but I cannot agree with almost any of your assessment.

Comment

I did not see the game but from everything that I have read from sports reporters who reviewed the game, we were fortunate to have won and we were dominated for most of the game. I don't know what game the other guy was watching. I am going to watch it online to see for myself but I have not read anywhere that we outplayed Brazil except for the one guy on here.

Comment

As a former professional player, I could not agree with you less. Almost everything that you wrote is in direct contrast to what I observed. Not interested in going point by point but I cannot agree with almost any of your assessment.[/quote]

As a clearly superior intellect (I used to coach at Man U, but it bored me), I don't have the time to tell you why, so I will simply point out that you are a putz.
                          Welcome to the anonymous internet.

Comment

Forgot to mention. I turned the volume down to zero, because the commentators were too annoying. How hard is it to describe the game? I don't want to hear your reason why someone should be open in the midfield or what you think someone needs to do to be more effective.
                            Telemundo commentators were great.

Comment

I would also have to disagree with your observation of the game as well. The only good thing that Carli Lloyd did was score the goal. Her play in the midfield was nothing at all to be proud of. I do feel that the defense played a decent game not perfect but it was definately good enough to get the result.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X