Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Chance to play different teams vs same old OYSA teams and the prize is getting to play in a national cup vs good teams & with college coach exposure. Oregon teams have to find opportunities where they can.
    Pay to play model defined.

Comment

Chance to play different teams vs same old OYSA teams and the prize is getting to play in a national cup vs good teams & with college coach exposure. Oregon teams have to find opportunities where they can.
      Yes, ECNL has been a great decision for our DD. Thank you for acknowledging that and understanding why we chose to leave GPS. Hard decision but Surf results confirmed it was the correct one. Good luck to our former teammates playing in Seattle this year!

Comment

PSPL is even lower level than OYSA 2nd division. Seems GPS is really aiming high this year. Of course, winner of this league does qualify for NPL Championships next summer (like what NWCL and OPL champions used to qualify for).
        News Flash: GPS staff failed to perform any homework on PSPL before promoting it to their flock. But it sounded good.

Comment

Yes, ECNL has been a great decision for our DD. Thank you for acknowledging that and understanding why we chose to leave GPS. Hard decision but Surf results confirmed it was the correct one. Good luck to our former teammates playing in Seattle this year!
          Glad she's getting more play time at CU this year.

Comment

Surf results? You mean the 2 losses to non ECNL teams, including pacnw?

Comment

Surf results? You mean the 2 losses to non ECNL teams, including pacnw?
              CU is a sinking ship. Not only do they backdoor their own families by begging other kids from clubs they talk crap about but they can't even beat teams in state. It's literally a joke.

Comment

CU is a sinking ship. Not only do they backdoor their own families by begging other kids from clubs they talk crap about but they can't even beat teams in state. It's literally a joke.
                Sweet! That leaves two elite options: FCP and GDA. Roll the dice!

Comment

Sweet! Follow the Thornz Asylum model of playing down 2-3 levels to ensure the wins. Nice effort!

Comment

Sweet! Follow the Thornz Asylum model of playing down 2-3 levels to ensure the wins. Nice effort!
                    Hmmmm....unlikely you're promoting CU since they were afraid to play GPS down at Surf, so you must be GPS. And GPS is on a steep decline given the departure of many key players and recent scores, so I'm concluding you're just lashing out because you're DD won't make any team other than GPS. #Ilovenewberg!

Comment

Sweet! That leaves two elite options: FCP and GDA. Roll the dice!
                      Fcp is a joke. Bunch of used car sales coaches.

Comment

When does GPS become an official club?

As of now Hillsboro Select has a couple of good teams.

Comment

When does GPS become an official club?

As of now Hillsboro Select has a couple of good teams.
                          Can't meet the requirements to be recognized as an official club. Strange, considering they have the "full support" of Bayern Munich. You'd think they would have no problem getting all the people and policies in place...

Comment

Can't meet the requirements to be recognized as an official club. Strange, considering they have the "full support" of Bayern Munich. You'd think they would have no problem getting all the people and policies in place...
                            Full club requires oversight. GPS leadership not interested in accountability.

Comment

Full club requires oversight. GPS leadership not interested in accountability.
                              Ha! You people are idiots. GPS Oregon is an official club. Are they a member of OYSA? No, because as a USYS association, OYSA only grants membership to non-profit organizations. Just because a club is not a member of OYSA does not mean that they are not official or not accountable. If you think that non-profit status and boards of directors (parents) translates to better player development, why does this forum field constant commentary about how crap Oregon soccer is? Look outside your own little world and see what is happening in states where they don't have the same restrictions.

The bottom line is that if players and parents don't like what they are getting with their fees at one club, they are free to choose another (and they do so, with wild abandon). How a club does their accounting makes no difference to me personally if I feel I'm getting value out of my $. In fact, I'd much rather someone who knows soccer make the decisions in a club rather than parents on a board. Imagine, the people posting the anonymous comments in this forum are guiding the direction of your kids' club. Good luck to you!

Comment

Ha! You people are idiots. GPS Oregon is an official club. Are they a member of OYSA? No, because as a USYS association, OYSA only grants membership to non-profit organizations. Just because a club is not a member of OYSA does not mean that they are not official or not accountable. If you think that non-profit status and boards of directors (parents) translates to better player development, why does this forum field constant commentary about how crap Oregon soccer is? Look outside your own little world and see what is happening in states where they don't have the same restrictions.

The bottom line is that if players and parents don't like what they are getting with their fees at one club, they are free to choose another (and they do so, with wild abandon). How a club does their accounting makes no difference to me personally if I feel I'm getting value out of my $. In fact, I'd much rather someone who knows soccer make the decisions in a club rather than parents on a board. Imagine, the people posting the anonymous comments in this forum are guiding the direction of your kids' club. Good luck to you!
                                Someone who knew soccer fired mj 3 times; did not know that was possible (well technically 3 different soccer people fired him). . . .fc soccer folks would not hire him. But yes brits in Massachusetts will take the $ from bayern shirt sales in Oregon.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X