Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future of GAL

GAL feels very watered down. A couple great players, some graduating and leaving to college in a few months. The excitement you felt at the GDA showcases/games, gone. The prestige that the clubs’ name had under the sponsorship of US soccer, no more
    I don’t believe gal will disappear, I do know some clubs are trying to get ECNL instead for the 21-22 season.
    Will Gal stay as a second tier league?
    Will Quality players move back to the gal clubs from ECNL?
    Is there anything being done to replace the clubs switching in a few months?
    What are clubs doing to earn the trust of the soccer community?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    GAL feels very watered down. A couple great players, some graduating and leaving to college in a few months. The excitement you felt at the GDA showcases/games, gone. The prestige that the clubs’ name had under the sponsorship of US soccer, no more
    I don’t believe gal will disappear, I do know some clubs are trying to get ECNL instead for the 21-22 season.
    Best clubs left for ECNL and the leftovers had to do something so the GAL was the creation. Ridiculous travel, poor competition and zero showcase events. It’s a bust

Comment

Let's see how it goes with gal as part of mls next. Will that translate to some future nwsl partnership of anything similar? We will see. Mls is not putting money into it to fail.

Comment

Let's see how it goes with gal as part of mls next. Will that translate to some future nwsl partnership of anything similar? We will see. Mls is not putting money into it to fail.
        It will go nowhere. If GAL makes it past year it will be a miracle. There's no money to be made in women's soccer other than charging parents at pay to play clubs. MLS didn't want to get involved with USSF/GDA (I think two clubs joined) and that was in its heyday when MLS clubs weren't bleeding money from Covid losses.

Comment

GAL is like putting lipstick on a pig. It is nowhere near as prestigious or competitive as GDA. Look for it to fold soon. Why travel even further for mediocre competition? I do not know why ECNL would not pick up a few of the stronger girls' clubs.

Comment

GAL is like putting lipstick on a pig. It is nowhere near as prestigious or competitive as GDA. Look for it to fold soon. Why travel even further for mediocre competition? I do not know why ECNL would not pick up a few of the stronger girls' clubs.
            United Soccer Alliance is absolutely awful except for 1 team and they are mediocre at best. Weston and TopHat are about the only consistent clubs in Southeast. It’s a mess right now.

Comment

It will go nowhere. If GAL makes it past year it will be a miracle. There's no money to be made in women's soccer other than charging parents at pay to play clubs. MLS didn't want to get involved with USSF/GDA (I think two clubs joined) and that was in its heyday when MLS clubs weren't bleeding money from Covid losses.
              you do know that MLS Next has already taken over GAL for the future seasons?

Comment

Next season all the ga girls at Eastlake will be heading toward florida premier

Comment

In name only. I don't see them putting any money into it. They don't have any to spare.

Comment

In name only. I don't see them putting any money into it. They don't have any to spare.
                    Its just being put together. they are not putting a name on something and not making use of it. they spend money to make money, its marketing. they want to tap into female audience. they are invested.

Comment

The future of ga or any league here in florida belong to the club. The league, itself will not fold but will change names and continue. The only people that will suffer will be the parents and the kids. The facts are, club do not care about their reputation, to train or develop. The number one goal is registration. For this reason alone, any leagues or clubs establish in florida will never succeed at soccer.

Comment

Agree, but it’s going to take years, a few seasons at least, to be remotely close to the prestige that the DA had as part of US Soccer. And if that finally happens ECNL will have years established on top of GAL. I’m not anticipating that it will fold but will become a secondary “just another” league

Comment

United Soccer Alliance is absolutely awful except for 1 team and they are mediocre at best. Weston and TopHat are about the only consistent clubs in Southeast. It’s a mess right now.
                          TH will be the one jumping ship next season. Players and parents are sick of traveling to play against very mediocre clubs.

Comment

Yes, but don’t expect to see immediate improvement. By then your daughter will be doing her masters lol

Comment

Agree, but it’s going to take years, a few seasons at least, to be remotely close to the prestige that the DA had as part of US Soccer. And if that finally happens ECNL will have years established on top of GAL. I’m not anticipating that it will fold but will become a secondary “just another” league
                              Won't take years. The basic identity is there, just replace usda with mls next.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X