Norwalk? Soccer is played there?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Urban myth

Comment

Urban myth
        RT must be nervous with this transition...he has pissed off a lot of people

Comment

The Surace's have Norwalk on the rise. watch out

Comment

Soccer VISA was a failure. Lot of families very disgruntled and heading back to Norwalk soccer. Why pay so much more with no difference in coaching. Waste of time and money.

Comment

Not just Norwalk. Viza attracted families from Wesport, Weston, Fairfield, etc. They even got a few families to come from Beachside, Shoreline, Everton/Inter, Revolution, etc.

I hear the families were fairly happy until the Rush news. Now many of them are calling around looking at other clubs. My understanding that the draw of Viza wasn't amazing coaching or best teams, it was the culture their founder established. Tons of families in FC want more competitive teams than what's available in their towns but don't want to deal with the high a-hole factor (both coaches and families) at many of the premier clubs.

With his departure and the sale to Rush, families are freaking out.

Comment

Not just Norwalk. Viza attracted families from Wesport, Weston, Fairfield, etc. They even got a few families to come from Beachside, Shoreline, Everton/Inter, Revolution, etc.

I hear the families were fairly happy until the Rush news. Now many of them are calling around looking at other clubs. My understanding that the draw of Viza wasn't amazing coaching or best teams, it was the culture their founder established. Tons of families in FC want more competitive teams than what's available in their towns but don't want to deal with the high a-hole factor (both coaches and families) at many of the premier clubs.

"freaking out"? They can stay or go to the other dozen clubs and travel teams in the area.

Comment

This is not entirely true. Joe was not a Benevolent Director, he definitely had mixed reviews. Bit of a hothead and not really that invested in developing youth players. He has always been more interested in being a professional agent. The real reason most of these players “chose” Soccerviza is that they could not make other Premier rosters. Their teams are equal to or slightly better than Norwalk travel. Now that Joe has bailed on them and is moving to Costa Rica most of the families will return to Norwalk. The “old bait and switch” In effect here. Most parents on our team not interested in Rush at all. We will finish out the year and weigh our options.

Comment

"freaking out"? They can stay or go to the other dozen clubs and travel teams in the area.
                    Families will go back to Norwalk and Inter FC in equal numbers. Marty has already been in contact with best players on our team. The rest will play travel.

Comment

i think the point op was making that from his/her perspective folks at the club don't think the other options are viable. i dont disagree. unless you live in monroe, bridgeport, and possibly trumbull, quality travel teams are hard to find. having had 3 kids go through various ct soccer programs, the "a-hole" factor that he/she talks about with most premier clubs is definitely a thing. though in my experience it's been more about parents than the coaches.

Comment

i think the point op was making that from his/her perspective folks at the club don't think the other options are viable. i dont disagree. unless you live in monroe, bridgeport, and possibly trumbull, quality travel teams are hard to find. having had 3 kids go through various ct soccer programs, the "a-hole" factor that he/she talks about with most premier clubs is definitely a thing. though in my experience it's been more about parents than the coaches.
                        Ignore the parents, go for the coaching. Many were travel level players regardless and should go back to that. Parents don't like to hear that but it's the truth. Just because a club will cash your check doesn't mean your kid is a premier level player.

Comment

Soccerviza was around for what? 2 years? They were a bunch of Norwalk kids and coaches that split off. Now, after a couple of years, this town travel program is being ditched by its owner/director. CT needs these type of crap clubs to disappear. It will be better for everyone. Not sure this is a good move for Rush. If they had any credibility they have now lost it.

Comment

Soccerviza was around for what? 2 years? They were a bunch of Norwalk kids and coaches that split off. Now, after a couple of years, this town travel program is being ditched by its owner/director. CT needs these type of crap clubs to disappear. It will be better for everyone. Not sure this is a good move for Rush. If they had any credibility they have now lost it.
                            There is zero credibility

Comment

SVSC is a glorified town travel program. Inter FC is taking over the Norwalk area and SONO Fieldhouse.

Comment

SVSC is a glorified town travel program. Inter FC is taking over the Norwalk area and SONO Fieldhouse.
                                Inter needs a field better than that All Saints swamp they play in. Inter, Everton, call it whatever... Norwalk town travel is a better option than Inter

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X