Pre-offers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2493951]your club as 2 "top" teams? That doesn't make any sense. Can you explain further?[/QUOTE

The club isn't saying 2 top teams. They introduced a new league for their A team next year and as luck would have it, only about 3 players are interested. A couple more are just leaving in general. This year's B team will be filling in gaps, most of whom aren't ready. So they can call it A and B but it will be A and B, both of whom who have a few current A teamers and then filled with B teamers who haven't won a game all season. Not a really appealing option.

Comment

age group?

Comment

Well the rumor mill was in full swing this weekend about who got offers already so I know where my D stands at least!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          your club as 2 "top" teams? That doesn't make any sense. Can you explain further?
          Not the OP, but I would assume they mean SUSC DA and NPL.

As GPS NH just has NPL.

Comment

Well the rumor mill was in full swing this weekend about who got offers already so I know where my D stands at least!
            Just means not in the first wave. That was probably evident beforehand. Doesn't mean they aren't in their plans and doesn't mean they don't have a future. Everyone should be open to all options every year anyway.

For years my kid wasn't in the first wave group, nor should she have been. Eventually she got there.

Comment

This is all new to me. Apparently several of our players got offers (my daughter heard the coach say it to a group of them) and many did not. Will they typically not hear until after tryouts? Or will more offers go out before?

I guess what I am nervous about is if no offers come at all. She isn't currently registered to try out anywhere else.

Comment

This is all new to me. Apparently several of our players got offers (my daughter heard the coach say it to a group of them) and many did not. Will they typically not hear until after tryouts? Or will more offers go out before?

I guess what I am nervous about is if no offers come at all. She isn't currently registered to try out anywhere else.
                Yes, they take the rest of the group and see how tryouts shake out. She may still get one. I also would get on a tryout list somewhere else as a fall-back.

Comment

Dumb coach... He brought up the offers in front of players who didn't get one? Duh.

Comment

It doesn't mean she won't get one but I would have her try out somewhere else as a back up.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X