Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't SUSC playing in the NEP NH State Cup?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Troll. Go Away! You’re clueless!
    Facts are facts fella, no matter what you think. Seacoast is NOT doing US Club State Cup, they are doing USYSA. US Club games begin Saturday and they are not playing...FACT

Comment

Facts are facts fella, no matter what you think. Seacoast is NOT doing US Club State Cup, they are doing USYSA. US Club games begin Saturday and they are not playing...FACT
      This is correct info, note the schedules for NEP State Cup

http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=71436

Comment

Can’t wait until the USYSA schedules come out....

Comment

When is USYSA State cup? NHSA site has info for 2020 and gotsoccer only shows 1 registered team?

Comment

I think some of the Stars teams did this last year, as well. I remember thinking it odd that they played all year in NEP, but then played in the USYSA State Cup. It does seem kind of pointless to play in a state tournament with only a few teams in each bracket. Why don't they make it into a Regional Cup instead and combine NH, ME, & MA for the tournament to decide who goes to Nationals (maybe this was how it used to be?). The competition would be better and a win more meaningful.

Comment

I think some of the Stars teams did this last year, as well. I remember thinking it odd that they played all year in NEP, but then played in the USYSA State Cup. It does seem kind of pointless to play in a state tournament with only a few teams in each bracket. Why don't they make it into a Regional Cup instead and combine NH, ME, & MA for the tournament to decide who goes to Nationals (maybe this was how it used to be?). The competition would be better and a win more meaningful.
              I got the word, and I think it was on this board (so take that for what it's worth) that the New England Region's states typically were good about sending teams into the Nationals, so they would all have the ability to do so. It ensured there would be participation, so if you won the state you'd get a free pass.

It does seem odd that li'l ole' New Hampshire gets a shot straight to the Nationals. There should be more Regional play to filter that out. That being said, I believe NH teams have fared OK when they did attend.

Comment

Yes years ago there was State Cup and President’s Cup. Both were run by USYS and higher level teams played State Cup and town travel played President’s Cup. Winners of each state went to a North East Regional tournament which changed venues from RI to WV and MD from year to year. Winners from there traveled to National Cup.

Then a few years ago, as with everything else, things changed. We need a high high level. Blah blah. So NEP stepped in and created the NEP State Cups and opened that to NEP level teams. So dumb. So now there are two State Cups. And in states with many teams they have two levels basically A teams and B teams.

Once again this year things changed again and NEP State Cup is one level so many lower level NEP teams didn’t bother registering since they would be playing ECNL and NPL teams.

So stupid.

Comment

Yes years ago there was State Cup and President’s Cup. Both were run by USYS and higher level teams played State Cup and town travel played President’s Cup. Winners of each state went to a North East Regional tournament which changed venues from RI to WV and MD from year to year. Winners from there traveled to National Cup.

Then a few years ago, as with everything else, things changed. We need a high high level. Blah blah. So NEP stepped in and created the NEP State Cups and opened that to NEP level teams. So dumb. So now there are two State Cups. And in states with many teams they have two levels basically A teams and B teams.

Once again this year things changed again and NEP State Cup is one level so many lower level NEP teams didn’t bother registering since they would be playing ECNL and NPL teams.

So stupid.
                  My understanding is that NEP is going to add back a Regional next year. They did it a few years ago, but eliminated it due to field space and time. Regionals are the way to go, there are to many teams going to 'Nationals' that do not deserve to play. It is starting to look like Cheerleading, where every team makes 'nationals'.

Comment

My understanding is that NEP is going to add back a Regional next year. They did it a few years ago, but eliminated it due to field space and time. Regionals are the way to go, there are to many teams going to 'Nationals' that do not deserve to play. It is starting to look like Cheerleading, where every team makes 'nationals'.
                    Agreed and this is actually a good idea, unlike so many bad ones recently.

Comment

so how are Peak 03 girls Heading to USYA regionals in W.Virginia without being involved in NH State Cup. Must have something to do with one of the owners being the NHSA President. Not a conflict for interest at all there!

Comment

so how are Peak 03 girls Heading to USYA regionals in W.Virginia without being involved in NH State Cup. Must have something to do with one of the owners being the NHSA President. Not a conflict for interest at all there!
                        Or maybe no other 03 girls team registered for the USYS NH State Cup, so they get an automatic pass?

Comment

Do you have a link that shows they are going or is this a rumor? Not trying to be a d1ck, just wanted to see who was going!

Comment

Or maybe no other 03 girls team registered for the USYS NH State Cup, so they get an automatic pass?
                            But but but, the big shot said all SUSC teams were in USYA state cup. More rumors from clueless trolls.

There isn’t enough teams to have 2 state cups, And the gulf in standard between NEP teams and NHSL teams would make it silly to combine both. Just do what they’ve done on the past, keep the NHSL state cup, where you automatically go to regionals because nobody wants to pay the $13000 to play one game, then get hammered by real teams down south.

Comment

But but but, the big shot said all SUSC teams were in USYA state cup. More rumors from clueless trolls.

There isn’t enough teams to have 2 state cups, And the gulf in standard between NEP teams and NHSL teams would make it silly to combine both. Just do what they’ve done on the past, keep the NHSL state cup, where you automatically go to regionals because nobody wants to pay the $13000 to play one game, then get hammered by real teams down south.
                              What's the $13000 figure?

Not for nothing, but SUSC 2004 went to the NPL finals last year and went undefeated in normal time; losing in the Finals in PKs after a 0-0 game. They've usually done OK in the State Cup finals at the older ages in years past, never getting hammered (not sure if this what you are referring to)

Comment

What's the $13000 figure?

Not for nothing, but SUSC 2004 went to the NPL finals last year and went undefeated in normal time; losing in the Finals in PKs after a 0-0 game. They've usually done OK in the State Cup finals at the older ages in years past, never getting hammered (not sure if this what you are referring to)
                                $1300 is what it cost for teams to enter state cups in NH for USYS.

I was referring to NHSL teams going to presidents cup or regionals and getting demolished just like our ODP teams do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X