X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agree on the 02.

What’s up with the bracketing though? looking at the u16 results, there’s already been a 10-0, 7-0 and 5-0 - all against different div 1 or 2 level teams. Why are these teams mixed in with Premier? Is it really necessary to have 8 teams advance, meaning the quarterfinals are a sham? Why not go straight to semis when there are only 3 Premier level teams to begin with?

That and feel bad for FCSC who has to meet GPS in the semis. With only 3 good teams, it’s a 10-0 cake walk to the finals on the other side. Sad days in oysa.
    GPS barely beat FCSC last year in State Cup. Don’t expect 10-0.

Comment

Scores like that across almost all age groups because OYSA is so watered down that there are really only 2-5 decent teams in each division. That said, all age groups should be like u18G: take the top 5 teams, have them each play the other 4, then the top 2 play for the championship. Everyone gets at least 4 games and you don’t have 11 extra teams that have no business being in Premier. At this point, justbmake Presidents Cup and the Cup below that bigger. How about all the teams that only get 2 games total for State Cup? Having a 3 team bracket for State Cup in Oregon is dumb.
      Paying $750 for a tournament with a two game guarantee has got to be the biggest ripoff in youth soccer (and that’s saying a lot these days). I wish I could say I’m surprised. But considering how the league bundled their weather related game cancellations this year it’s not a bit surprising.

The problem is that in their incessant desire to grab as much cash as possible, the league takes everyone and I do mean everyone who wants to play state cup. I’ve been around long enough to remember when teams used to have to qualify for things. And when they could be relegated out of premier. Now, if you’ve got the entry fee you’re in.

If the league cared about a quality experience it’s simple:

U11-14 top 10 teams get into state cup. Two pools of 5 play. Seeding by fall league standings. Winner of each pool goes to finals.

U15-19 top 5 teams get into state cup. Everyone plays everyone and top 2 play finals.

Anyone else that wants to do a cup does President’s and Founders.

As usual this makes way too much sense so it’ll never happen.

Comment

Paying $750 for a tournament with a two game guarantee has got to be the biggest ripoff in youth soccer (and that’s saying a lot these days). I wish I could say I’m surprised. But considering how the league bundled their weather related game cancellations this year it’s not a bit surprising.

The problem is that in their incessant desire to grab as much cash as possible, the league takes everyone and I do mean everyone who wants to play state cup. I’ve been around long enough to remember when teams used to have to qualify for things. And when they could be relegated out of premier. Now, if you’ve got the entry fee you’re in.

U11-14 top 10 teams get into state cup. Two pools of 5 play. Seeding by fall league standings. Winner of each pool goes to finals.

U15-19 top 5 teams get into state cup. Everyone plays everyone and top 2 play finals.

We are in a three team bracket and this is a serious joke. We even stand a chance to get through but the idea you are paying 370 per game is near a scam. I’ve talked a lot about scams in the past like Ecnl coaches scam and thorns scam and OYSA scam but this is the most backwards thing I’ve seen in a while.

Who runs this tournament? Who can we email? We potentially stand to play two games against teams as probably won’t beat and it costs us 370 per game. I could have paid those teams 150 to come and play us and saved more than half.

Who’s getting fired for this dumbass choice.

Comment

375 per game

80 minute game

40 minute halves

Including subs: potentially 20-30 minute playing time per half

Average: 50 total minutes playing time in the game

Ball going out of bounds, stoppages, etc : generous 35 minute action

In that 35 minutes if you are a good player you could potentially make 20-30 passes but logically 15-20. 25 passes to be generous.

Take into account if you are playing a much better team you could be at 10 passss a half per player.

If you were to divide the amount of kids on the team and the costs of the tournament not including travel time.

You are paying legit 1$ per pass your kid makes in state cup.

Your team is 💰 14$ a minute for your state cup game.

2 and out...what a joke.

Yes it’s a joke or a deal for oysa. And you Ecnl people can’t talk because you legit paying 6.6$ a minute for your kid to play a travel game and if your kid subs you are paying 12.3$ a minute for a joke of a game.

Just saying, everyone is getting screwed here

Comment

GPS barely beat FCSC last year in State Cup. Don’t expect 10-0.
            Of course not and that’s the whole point. There are only 3 actual premier level 03 teams in State Cup this year. GPS & FCSC are two of them so they won’t be killing each other. It’s the other 13 teams that are where you get the blowouts by those top 3. Agree 100% with above poster. Take the top 5 at high school ages, play everyone and top 2 go to finals like u18 girls. That would be a legitimate State Cup.

This blowing out a bunch of div 3 type teams that will advance to quarters and semis due to numbers and having two sides to the bracket, makes a farce of our State Cup. Also, in this particular 03 group, the #2 team has to play the #1 team in the semis. Everyone knows the simple tournament fact that it’s always, rightly, set up so that #1 and #2 wouldn’t meet till the finals. Somehow OYSA doesn’t understand that it makes a mockery of our State Cup to have #3 skate to the finals and #1 & #2 battle it out and go into the finals battle scarred, giving a major advantage to the 3rd ranked team. How OYSA can mess up something so simple is beyond me.

Comment

375 per game

80 minute game

40 minute halves

Including subs: potentially 20-30 minute playing time per half

Average: 50 total minutes playing time in the game

Ball going out of bounds, stoppages, etc : generous 35 minute action

In that 35 minutes if you are a good player you could potentially make 20-30 passes but logically 15-20. 25 passes to be generous.

Take into account if you are playing a much better team you could be at 10 passss a half per player.

If you were to divide the amount of kids on the team and the costs of the tournament not including travel time.

You are paying legit 1$ per pass your kid makes in state cup.

Your team is 💰 14$ a minute for your state cup game.

2 and out...what a joke.

Yes it’s a joke or a deal for oysa. And you Ecnl people can’t talk because you legit paying 6.6$ a minute for your kid to play a travel game and if your kid subs you are paying 12.3$ a minute for a joke of a game.

Just saying, everyone is getting screwed here
              It's been a year since last State Cup... And this horse is still dead.

Comment

You’re forgetting two teams play in each game. So those three team pools get OYSA $750 per game. Figure (generously) they pay $100 for the officials. And figure (generously) another $50 per game for “administrative overhead.” Field rentals handled by host clubs so no cost to OYSA. That’s a $600 profit for OYSA per game for all of those three team pool play games. $600 - per game - going for salaries and other perks for the brilliant minds running OYSA. Do you feel like you’re getting your money’s worth?

Comment

Team getting 2 games in state cup is a ripoff.

Comment

The timbers kiddie soccer staff needs to get paid a salary so a profit is ok. Someone needs to pay for those Timbers branded soft pants and zip up sweat jackets. Money don’t grow on trees. Quit complaining.

Comment

Maybe if you ask, they'll add a consolation bracket for your team.

Comment

Maybe if you ask, they'll add a consolation bracket for your team.
                        Nah that what would the right thing to do - when it comes to youth soccer peregrine always opts for the cheapest option.

Comment

Anyone want to talk about the games, rather than sniping about the fees? Honestly, nobody cares outside of a few Nike club weenies.

Most clubs include state cup (or President's Cup) in the base fee anyways.

If you want to play more than two games, I suggest taking the advice of Al Davis.

Comment

how about the 06 girls match, Crossfire vs GPS. Crossfire won by 11. Why is the GPS team in the State Cup when they did not win 1 match this year. What is the point?

Comment

how about the 06 girls match, Crossfire vs GPS. Crossfire won by 11. Why is the GPS team in the State Cup when they did not win 1 match this year. What is the point?
                              Having been associated with teams in a similar position, I would guess this is what happened.

1. Team did well in summer, was sorted into OYSA Premier.
                              2. Team was not as good as thought, or perhaps had key players leave, and found themselves overmatched.
                              3. Having played in OYSA Premier, were thus ineligible for President's Cup. In other words, it's state cup or nothing.

Happens to a couple teams every year.

Comment

Anyone want to talk about the games, rather than sniping about the fees? Honestly, nobody cares outside of a few Nike club weenies.

Most clubs include state cup (or President's Cup) in the base fee anyways.

If you want to play more than two games, I suggest taking the advice of Al Davis.
                                Alliance clubs should be complaining too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X