Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Call me crazy but if you design a league with obligatory event for school kids, maybe dont run the obligatory events during school if you want to attract players to participate.
    Nearly all are out. Most kids can work around final school exams with teachers but you can't work around regents. It's a NY specific issue. Also, related to snow, some bad winters with many snow days schools get out well past the planned date here and the midwest. Is that USSFs fault?

Comment

As mentioned...and I do realize for some of you New Yorkers the world doesn't actually revolve around you....there is a different school schedule across the country so it's impossible to schedule everything to accommodate all.
      insults aside. if the gda schedule does not work well for Ny kids, just don't be surprised if it is not popular with NY kids. But if it works for you in your state, enjoy and good luck.

Comment

Call me crazy but if you design a league with obligatory event for school kids, maybe dont run the obligatory events during school if you want to attract players to participate.
        You are the same whiner who has been complaining about this for weeks. Don't have your kid go!. School does matter more. His life won't be dramatically changed if he doesn't go. If he's of recruiting age have him tell coaches he won't be there because of exams, then go do their ID events. Stop freaking out. If your kid is any good and has good grades he'll be fine. Perspective.

Comment

insults aside. if the gda schedule does not work well for Ny kids, just don't be surprised if it is not popular with NY kids. But if it works for you in your state, enjoy and good luck.
          But he's right. The world and USSF doesn't revolve around NY state.

Comment

But he's right. The world and USSF doesn't revolve around NY state.
            and ny soccer does not revolve around USSF or the rest of the usa. All good. go play and have fun.

Comment

and ny soccer does not revolve around USSF or the rest of the usa. All good. go play and have fun.
              yeah, but all of y'all aren't about the fun and neither are the clubs, they are full of themselves, oh we are gda.
              we are special. We are the pathway to the pros. N-O-T!

Its about school.

Comment

U15 LISC GDA is also in the playoffs....
                You go girls...and some others here in the capital of the world are on the cusp.

Comment

You forgot SMURF
                  Lets boycott! No more soccer!

Comment

yeah, but all of y'all aren't about the fun and neither are the clubs, they are full of themselves, oh we are gda.

Its about school.
                    come on. there is reality and there is marketing. by gda age in youth soccer, you should know the difference. take what you want from it. it is an activity for kids.

Comment

Its about school.
                      My kid has missed school for NPL games, for ECNL games, for GDA games, for a ski trip, for a family vacation.

Other than your absolute disgust for the league some families' play in, I don't see the difference.

Comment

My kid has missed school for NPL games, for ECNL games, for GDA games, for a ski trip, for a family vacation.

Other than your absolute disgust for the league some families' play in, I don't see the difference.
                        no disgust. enjoy. some students dont enjoy missing school for those things at all. Can be tough to catch up in some HS level classes. some kids are good with the missed school and some are not. to each his own.

Comment

So you are comparing "family" vacations and "ski" trips with soccer games revolving around your little Alex. What do you think little bro would rather do? Drive 5 hours each way to big sis's one exciting soccer game of course. Its a family affair!

Comment

So you are comparing "family" vacations and "ski" trips with soccer games revolving around your little Alex. What do you think little bro would rather do? Drive 5 hours each way to big sis's one exciting soccer game of course. Its a family affair!
                            Sounds awfully hypocritical to OK missing school so the family can sit on the beach, but it's not OK if the family goes to a few soccer games. It's not like you have to sit there all day. Get up, go to the game, then have a normal vacation.

I swear...some of you just wake up, scratch yo nuts, take a dump, look in the mirror and think "what can I complain about today".

Must be exhausting after a while living like that.

Comment

come on. there is reality and there is marketing. by gda age in youth soccer, you should know the difference. take what you want from it. it is an activity for kids.
                              the "come on now" person is back!

Comment

Sounds awfully hypocritical to OK missing school so the family can sit on the beach, but it's not OK if the family goes to a few soccer games. It's not like you have to sit there all day. Get up, go to the game, then have a normal vacation.

I swear...some of you just wake up, scratch yo nuts, take a dump, look in the mirror and think "what can I complain about today".

Must be exhausting after a while living like that.
                                Huh? who is complaining? You are complaing about the responder who merely said traveling 5 hours to little Carly's ONE soccer game isn't as enjoyable or the rest of the family as going to the cayman islands, mykonos, italy, etc on a family vacation as a family.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X