Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacoast teams

I have a 2007 girl who wants to play on a club team next fall. What is the difference in all these Seacoast teams like the main one vs Express vs Storm? Can we just head to the nearest one and get a good experience? Is it hard to make these A teams?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a 2007 girl who wants to play on a club team next fall. What is the difference in all these Seacoast teams like the main one vs Express vs Storm? Can we just head to the nearest one and get a good experience? Is it hard to make these A teams?
    Where are you located?

Seacoast has teams that range from Development Academy level down to travel level teams which are little different from any other travel team.

The big difference with Seacoast and GPS is that you will pay through the nose at every level. If fees 2-4x other clubs are not an issue for you, you are likely to find better players on average for your daughter to play with, and better than average coaching.

However your experience with individual teams and individual coaches may vary widely. You could end up on a bad Seacoast team with a poor coach, or you might find a local team at a decent standard with better coaching.

Overall I would suggest exploring all of your options locally, go meet coaches and try out some sessions.

Comment

We're in Windham and are ready to move on from town soccer. The club thing is new to us. Are there any other options? Was thinking of checking out the Seacoast Storm program, as it's the closest.

Comment

Generally, you get what you pay for. I do recommend getting on to each of the sites if you haven't.

From a Seacoast perspective, they have smaller clubs (Express, Storm, Northern (?) ) which are entry level. It's a good introduction and the quality of training will be beyond what a town will offer.

If play merits it, they try to pull those players into their 'main' team which usually practices out of Epping. These compete at higher levels and demand a much greater level of commitment. The coaching there is quite good.

GPS is similar, as they are starting to get into some of the feeder programs and centralize out of a nice facility in Bedford.

Others to look at are World Cup Nashua (now a part of NEFC, based out of Mass) and FC Stars. Both are smaller and are a step down from the others. Coaching would still be decent from what I know of them.

Storm is probably closest for you and a good introduction into the experience.

There are costs involved, and it's up to the individual to decide if this is for them. I caution anyone getting into it to consider what their end-game is. Don't expect a college scholarship as an ROI. The ROI is the enjoyment of the game and time spent with your daughter. It's time I wouldn't give up for the world.

Comment

Generally, you get what you pay for. I do recommend getting on to each of the sites if you haven't.

From a Seacoast perspective, they have smaller clubs (Express, Storm, Northern (?) ) which are entry level. It's a good introduction and the quality of training will be beyond what a town will offer.

If play merits it, they try to pull those players into their 'main' team which usually practices out of Epping. These compete at higher levels and demand a much greater level of commitment. The coaching there is quite good.

GPS is similar, as they are starting to get into some of the feeder programs and centralize out of a nice facility in Bedford.

Others to look at are World Cup Nashua (now a part of NEFC, based out of Mass) and FC Stars. Both are smaller and are a step down from the others. Coaching would still be decent from what I know of them.

Storm is probably closest for you and a good introduction into the experience.

There are costs involved, and it's up to the individual to decide if this is for them. I caution anyone getting into it to consider what their end-game is. Don't expect a college scholarship as an ROI. The ROI is the enjoyment of the game and time spent with your daughter. It's time I wouldn't give up for the world.
          Thank you! This is exactly the info I was looking for. I have been on the GPS site and Seacoast, and will check out the others. My girl loves the game. Want to give her a great experience.

Comment

Thank you! This is exactly the info I was looking for. I have been on the GPS site and Seacoast, and will check out the others. My girl loves the game. Want to give her a great experience.

Good luck. Either way I would recommend getting in touch with a coach and they will likely invite you to a practice before the actual tryouts. Take advantage of it, as you can get a feel for the programs. Earlier the better.

Comment

Depending what you mean by Town League, you might want to try 'town' travel clubs if that's not what you are already doing.

Windham Soccer Association
              Hudson United SC
              Salem YSA
              Londonderry United
              Derry Soccer Club
              Pelham Soccer Club
              Timberwolves SC

are all fairly close to you.

Comment

We have experience with Storm (Hempstead) and the Hampton location. Storm is a much more convenient location and they practice outside during the season in Salem. The coaches are excellent. I have a boy, but the girls' teams seem to be very talented. The majority of players tend to be at a higher level than travel soccer. Reach out to them now, she could attend a practice and maybe even make a team for the spring season, or they may suggest their Player Development Program (indoor training to get her ready).

Comment

I would also post on the Windham Parents Facebook page. There are plenty of Windham kids with club experience at the different Seacoast teams and GPS. Everyone will have different perspectives.

Comment

Good luck. Either way I would recommend getting in touch with a coach and they will likely invite you to a practice before the actual tryouts. Take advantage of it, as you can get a feel for the programs. Earlier the better.
                    ^^^^ definitely do this. Don't wait for tryout time. You can see what the coaching is like and if she'd be a good fit. Go for the best coaching and fit. That means it might be the "top" club. You want her to be challenged but not struggle. Do some intel and try to find some parents at the clubs to get inside info, even if it's just casually striking up a conversation while she's practicing with them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X