Is CFC Park open

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      that's what I want to do, train indoors on a smaller than outdoor sized field, during the fall. that's why we left OW

CRRRAAAAPPP!!!!
      Not with CFC, but I’m curious, why is it important to you that your kids team trains on an “outdoor sized field”? For full field scrimmages? OW indoor space is very small so I get that, but CFC’s new indoor facility seems like the fields are about 70-80 yards long? Seems sufficient if necessary to play indoors, no?

Comment

I was just checking the website for ECNL and npl regional finals and seems that they left out CFC in every bracket. Is this a typo?

Comment

Not with CFC, but I’m curious, why is it important to you that your kids team trains on an “outdoor sized field”? For full field scrimmages? OW indoor space is very small so I get that, but CFC’s new indoor facility seems like the fields are about 70-80 yards long? Seems sufficient if necessary to play indoors, no?
          CFC Spin #2,657

Comment

I was just checking the website for ECNL and npl regional finals and seems that they left out CFC in every bracket. Is this a typo?
            they were left out because they weren't able to complete outdoor fields

Comment

CFC Spin #2,657
              It was actually a serious question.

Comment

Not the OP but here are my thoughts on the indoor only facility

- There are times a full size or half field scrimmage is needed.
                - Width is not regulation
                - Having only two indoors fields necessitated the drop down to 2x practices in Spring
                - Home games were held in various fields throughout CT (our team played at 3 different "home" fields) in fall and spring
                - Communications on the field in terms of when the outdoors fields would be ready or where and when practice/games were to be held was terrible

Comment

- Having only two indoors fields necessitated the drop down to 2x practices in Spring
                  - Home games were held in various fields throughout CT (our team played at 3 different "home" fields) in fall and spring
                  - Communications on the field in terms of when the outdoors fields would be ready or where and when practice/games were to be held was terrible
                  So the good thing is if/when they finish outdoor fields, you wil no longer have to figure where to go, however when you do get there:

- will you be indoors or outdoor
                  -will the field actually be done
                  - how many teams will be packed on one field
                  - will you need to where miners helmets if it gets dark

Comment

So the good thing is if/when they finish outdoor fields, you wil no longer have to figure where to go, however when you do get there:

- will you be indoors or outdoor
                    -will the field actually be done
                    - how many teams will be packed on one field
                    - will you need to where miners helmets if it gets dark
                    Miners hat, funny 😂

Comment

Communication was TERRIBLE.

Comment

Communication was TERRIBLE.
                        Fake news. I knew exactly what was going on. We were told what the targets were and when they didn’t happen, why. Understand that they had no control over the situation. They aren’t contractors. It had nothing to do with money. It had to do with incompetence and some bad luck. Would I have liked to have the third practice? Sure. But we had three during the winter which is more than most. As for the indoor field argument, most clubs train on half of an outdoor field. 75 x 60 yards. But realistically, you would use 65 x 40. Maybe 70 x 40. Which is the size of their indoor space. So not sure what the fuss is.

Comment

So the clubs knows it's parents are frustrated and they only raise it $200, that's really respect for the customer.

How about yes we know you are frustrated and it was a tough year, let's

- hold costs flat.
                          - have a free week of camp at our new complex.
                          - hold free drop in sessions at our new complex
                          - give everyone a free CFC magnet

Anything to publicly acknowledge that frustration
                          One thing everyone forgets. CFC is coach owned and coach run. They aren’t big money guys who use another business to build their facility. They are trying to do it themselves. I give them credit for that. Certainly would have been easier to just continue to rent fields. I am curious about FSA because I have heard they only train once a week in the winter and when they do, they share a field. Outdoors the same I would assume in terms of sharing a field?

Comment

One thing everyone forgets. CFC is coach owned and coach run. They aren’t big money guys who use another business to build their facility. They are trying to do it themselves. I give them credit for that. Certainly would have been easier to just continue to rent fields. I am curious about FSA because I have heard they only train once a week in the winter and when they do, they share a field. Outdoors the same I would assume in terms of sharing a field?
                            Of course the used a company to build their facility. They were out there digging holes or swinging hammers. They just choose the wrong contractor

Their mistake. Their business. They need to own it. The they are just a coach excuse is lame. The certainly collect enough cash to own horses and drive Nice cars.

And yes communication was horrible

Comment

Fsa ecnl teams train twice a week indoors and have one fitness training once a week in the gym. All other non ecnl teams train twice per week with no weekly fitness but can do fitness if they want to. All fsa teams are allowed to train outdoors during the winter if the fields are not covered with snow or it is bitterly cold. This is up to coach. Indoors there are 2 teams on each field and outdoors there are one or two teams per field now that new grass fields are open since last year. I would guess Cfc will put at least 2 if not 3 teams on each field given the number of teams, limited number of fields and lack of lighting whether it is spring or fall, high school teams or not. I am sure united boys and girls get first choice on times and fields, then npl teams, then whichever branch is local to Bethany. Should be interesting

Comment

This will clearly define a separation/draw a line between united teams and branches. Branches will feel looked over since they won’t use facility. Before united teams were gypsies like branches and everyone was “even”. So much for CFC nation, more like North Korea

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X