Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unfortunately the soccer scene has changed a bit in the last 5 years. The goal of club soccer now is measured by the number of DA players your club have produced. In the metric Bayside is still the only club in RI comparable to MA, Ct, & NH. Bayside continues to produce top players for the top DA programs.
    Who? I'm only aware of one girl who left Bayside and is playing in the DA.

Comment

Such a small narrow mind you are. Bayside has and will always be a boys club who happens to have decent girls program. They are will represent on the Revs DA program. One of the Bayside player has been offered a HG contact. Most of the better players in the Revs DA are Bayside players.

Comment

The player you mentioned happens to be one of the better players in their U19 setup.

Comment

Unfortunately the soccer scene has changed a bit in the last 5 years. The goal of club soccer now is measured by the number of DA players your club have produced. In the metric Bayside is still the only club in RI comparable to MA, Ct, & NH. Bayside continues to produce top players for the top DA programs.
          Since when is DA the goal of club soccer? Not sure where you’ve been the past 5 years but the goal of club soccer is a college scholarship.

Comment

Since when is DA the goal of club soccer? Not sure where you’ve been the past 5 years but the goal of club soccer is a college scholarship.
            If you are a D1 coach where will you go to recruit top players?

Comment

If you are a D1 coach where will you go to recruit top players?
              A lot of kids want to play for their high school or prep school teams. Not everybody wants DA. ECNL, NPL, prep schools are producing more D1 soccer players than DA.

Comment

A lot of kids want to play for their high school or prep school teams. Not everybody wants DA. ECNL, NPL, prep schools are producing more D1 soccer players than DA.
                The Top Prep school kids play DA for the Breakers or ECNL with the Stars. Division 1 College coaches do not go to prep games, and they definitely don’t go to public high school games. It’s a waste of their time. They go to DA or ECNL College Showcases and games. Just playing NPL or high school isn’t going to get you looked at by any Division 1 colleges now. Maybe 10 or 15 yrs ago. But not now.

Comment

The Top Prep school kids play DA for the Breakers or ECNL with the Stars. Division 1 College coaches do not go to prep games, and they definitely don’t go to public high school games. It’s a waste of their time. They go to DA or ECNL College Showcases and games. Just playing NPL or high school isn’t going to get you looked at by any Division 1 colleges now. Maybe 10 or 15 yrs ago. But not now.
                  ECNL is not DA.

Comment

Interesting. I'll make sure my old teammate that is a DI coach is aware of that.

Comment

Interesting. I'll make sure my old teammate that is a DI coach is aware of that.
                      Really? Who? BC, PC, Northeastern, BU are not at prep high school games. My kid plays for a class A team. And they are certainly not at RI High School or club games. They can see 6 or 7 kids they are interested in at Breakers or Stars game or practice In the fall.

Comment

Really? Who? BC, PC, Northeastern, BU are not at prep high school games. My kid plays for a class A team. And they are certainly not at RI High School or club games. They can see 6 or 7 kids they are interested in at Breakers or Stars game or practice In the fall.
                        On the boys side, top prep teams like Berkshire, Worcester and South Kent are better than DA teams like the Bolts and Revs.

Comment

Hmm, i’ll have to tell the TWO friends I know whose NPL playing daughters just both committed to separate D1 college programs. One as a junior and one as a senior.

This is the problem with a site like this. Everyone speaks in generalities and absolutes, when it’s all BS. Yeah, you are right, there are very few top ranked D1’s recruiting from NPL anymore, but there are plenty of mid to lower ranked D1’s recruiting for NPL. So your statement as you put it, is false.

Comment

Hmm, i’ll have to tell the TWO friends I know whose NPL playing daughters just both committed to separate D1 college programs. One as a junior and one as a senior.

This is the problem with a site like this. Everyone speaks in generalities and absolutes, when it’s all BS. Yeah, you are right, there are very few top ranked D1’s recruiting from NPL anymore, but there are plenty of mid to lower ranked D1’s recruiting for NPL. So your statement as you put it, is false.
                            Totally agree with your comment but I think most folks are trying to say is most D1 coaches normally go to DA and ECNL showcase for recruiting bc there is a greater bang for the bucks. However their are still some gems in league like NPL. In the girls game there are that must different in the skill level between a NPL and a ECNL. My daughter’s NPL there are 6-7 players committed to lower D1 schools. Most college coaches aren’t that bright anyway and too lazy to evaluate talents. They go where the mass.

Comment

Such a small narrow mind you are. Bayside has and will always be a boys club who happens to have decent girls program. They are will represent on the Revs DA program. One of the Bayside player has been offered a HG contact. Most of the better players in the Revs DA are Bayside players.
                              You're the moron who never mentioned what sex they were talking about.

Comment

Totally agree with your comment but I think most folks are trying to say is most D1 coaches normally go to DA and ECNL showcase for recruiting bc there is a greater bang for the bucks. However their are still some gems in league like NPL. In the girls game there are that must different in the skill level between a NPL and a ECNL. My daughter’s NPL there are 6-7 players committed to lower D1 schools. Most college coaches aren’t that bright anyway and too lazy to evaluate talents. They go where the mass.
                                Fact is there are many paths to a D1 Soccer scholarship. Talk to 10 players and their parents and you will hear 10 different stories about where they played, how they got seen, when and how they got an offer. Some ways more tried and true than others. But there’s no one way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X