Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great example of how clubs lose sight of what made them successful in the first place. 10 years ago Blackwatch was the top RI premier club.
    And now NEFC Southeast, run by SC, is a top RI premier club. So what is your point again???

Comment

And now NEFC Southeast, run by SC, is a top RI premier club. So what is your point again???
      Blackwatch was dead when SC sold to Nefc.

Comment

Lmao..... most stupidest comment. You are what your records say you are. Not there yet.

Comment

Lmao..... most stupidest comment. You are what your records say you are. Not there yet.
          So who would you say are the top clubs in Rhode Island? Top means combo of rostered players/teams, bottom line revenue and LASTLY strength versus other Rhode Island club teams. One who knows anything about premier soccer in Rhode Island, knows that NEFC/BBA Southeast is indeed one of the “top“ clubs in the state. Bayside, Bruno (boys only), and now GPS RI to some extent are gaining momentum, are the others. Each has its strengths and weaknesses in each age group and/or girls vs boys, but if you define top clubs by those three criteria, you know your statement above was definitely the stupidest of all.

Comment

So who would you say are the top clubs in Rhode Island? Top means combo of rostered players/teams, bottom line revenue and LASTLY strength versus other Rhode Island club teams. One who knows anything about premier soccer in Rhode Island, knows that NEFC/BBA Southeast is indeed one of the “top“ clubs in the state. Bayside, Bruno (boys only), and now GPS RI to some extent are gaining momentum, are the others. Each has its strengths and weaknesses in each age group and/or girls vs boys, but if you define top clubs by those three criteria, you know your statement above was definitely the stupidest of all.
            Like I said. You are who you are based on your record. Just because your daughter is on a NEFC SE stronger team means NEFC is the dominant club. SC NEFC SE teams have always play second fiddle to the top club in RI. Until your are the dominant club stop saying you are not what you are. Like you say you evaluate based on the totality of what the club has done and how any state cup they have won. Last I check NEFC SE hasn’t done well in the last five years or the last year. Don’t pound your chest to hard you might choke.

Comment

Like I said. You are who you are based on your record. Just because your daughter is on a NEFC SE stronger team means NEFC is the dominant club. SC NEFC SE teams have always play second fiddle to the top club in RI. Until your are the dominant club stop saying you are not what you are. Like you say you evaluate based on the totality of what the club has done and how any state cup they have won. Last I check NEFC SE hasn’t done well in the last five years or the last year. Don’t pound your chest to hard you might choke.
              Wrong again. My kid plays DA.

Comment

Wrong again. My kid plays DA.
                Yes. And my kid think soccer here in the State isn’t good enough so he is heading to Europe.

Comment

Forget the who is better..the point here is that SC is now a cog in a well organized machine as opposed to being the club president/COO. My kids never had SC except for occasional training sessions so I have no expert insight into his coaching; but as the top administrator he was overwhelmed (especially when you have your own kids in the program; there is just a natural tendency to unintentionally bias those teams).

As for program revenue for NEFC, well, this is a couple of years old..interesting second to last page of the interweaving of some of the directors with the league/facilities..

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990...201506_990.pdf

Comment

Gps. Nefc. Scott cannon

OP here.

I appreciate the responses. Liked the tax return, too. Interesting.

More questions.

The key response was evaluate coaches and parents. Well, that’s hard for me to do as I’m just a parent with limited exposure to these people. So let me ask all of you-

I live in Narr. Where does NEFC practice? Where does GPS practice?

What should I know about these two organizations that hasn’t already been said?

Who is Scott Cannon and is he a good coach? He’s the only guy mentioned in this thread.

Thanks.

Comment

Wrong. Blackwatch was in considerable debt when it was acquired and running in the red operationally. NEFC Southeast has been in the red since the Blackwatch acquisition. Last year NEFC combined the Metro South region out of Taunton with Southeast and gave SC full financial control. Metro South was growing under AM with good numbers and good financials, especially considering it was decimated a few years earlier by BB/FC Stars. The reason for the shift? Southeast needed the player growth and money flow from Metro South to balance their budget. Know what region is collapsing as we speak? NEFC Metro South.

SC is decent coach. He is out of his element as a Regional DOC and certainly shouldn't be in charge financially of a region stretching from South RI to Taunton. Lacks management skills and people skills. Should stick to what he knows, which is coaching youth soccer. Only a matter of time until NEFC South/Southeast/Metro South completely implodes.

As to those pumping up NEFC as the Premier RI club, it's not. It's a MA club with a RI region which will always play second (or third) fiddle to Central (MA). If you look at the GPS MA thread, the number of college commits on NLI signing day from GPS, which only has NPL should clue you all in that you don't need a DA club to play in college. Which means Bayside or Bruno or GPS RI are viable options for 99.99% of players from RI, without having to drive to Mendon or Marlborough (or Lancaster for that matter).

Comment

The CT forum now is saying GPS is set up in Westerley. They will have a very strong presence across Rhode Island now. I think GPS will be top dog in Rhode Island in a very short time.

Comment

NEFC v. GPS

If GPS is in Westerly then why would people from southern RI choose NEFC? Sounds like GPS would make more sense. Maybe NEFC will change their practice location to keep people from moving to / choosing GPS...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X