Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not bitter and for the last 3 years ECNL was awesome and I am glad my daughter is out of Oregon soccer because it is a mess right now. Go back and read the ECNL hate posts for the last 3 years and talk about parents not supporting ECNL because it was the only game in town. In fact, you had club directors sending emails begging players not to play in the most competitive league in the country. You make a great statement that it is high time the girls get the same quality program as the girls, but why are the girls being charged 5x more than the boysAs long as ECNL fields teams in Oregon and the girls have a DA choice then none of the teams will be very good. For now (across the country) ECNL will still be top dog because most turned down DA and are staying with ECNL and girls can still play HS.
    The US Club league that has named itself the 'ECNL' is not under attack by anyone. It's merely a youth league for girls.

The delusion and leadership at a few local clubs that led them to register for the league has proven to be the biggest embarrassment in the history of our state on the field of play, a stain that will last for decades.

Remember when the two clubs thought they had enough talent between them to each field teams in a national/regional league and then went out and set new records of futility on the field.

This sorry unfortunate chapter will be erased soon.

But, you do raise a great question how desparate had the ECNL become to allow two average Oregon clubs to serve as fodder for the better teams in the league. That is worth criticising and attacking a league that claimed it wanted only the 'elite'.

Comment

Why does it bother you so much that other players choose to play for the Thorns? You sound really angry and bitter. No need to disparage other players or teams not to your liking. It's their money, time and effort. None of your business. Get a life.
      Not bitter at all. Overjoyed, in fact, that all the lemmings and cavemen are finally going to take it in the shorts, and they're too stupid to see it coming.

Comment

The US Club league that has named itself the 'ECNL' is not under attack by anyone. It's merely a youth league for girls.

The delusion and leadership at a few local clubs that led them to register for the league has proven to be the biggest embarrassment in the history of our state on the field of play, a stain that will last for decades.

Remember when the two clubs thought they had enough talent between them to each field teams in a national/regional league and then went out and set new records of futility on the field.

This sorry unfortunate chapter will be erased soon.

But, you do raise a great question how desparate had the ECNL become to allow two average Oregon clubs to serve as fodder for the better teams in the league. That is worth criticising and attacking a league that claimed it wanted only the 'elite'.
        ECNL is far and away the #1 league in the country for girls. GDA isn't even a close second, more like 3rd or 4th.

And those 2 clubs have developed more soccer players, and put more girls in college soccer, than ALL of the other Oregon clubs combined, including Thornz Asylum (which has put ZERO girls in college soccer). You might not like it, but that's the facts!

Comment

It may be 4x as much as boys ($2k vs $500) but it's also 4x less than ECNL ($2k vs $8k).
          DA is US Soccer's fully compressive national program for the top youth in the country. ECNL is a league that local clubs enroll teams in for games. There is a huge difference here.
          GDA is nothing but a renamed OYSA Premier. Just look at the talent level of the players - horrendous. Look at the coaching staff - horrendous. Look at the level of competition - horrendous. Only an idiot would pay even $2K for that debacle.

Comment

Not bitter at all. Overjoyed, in fact, that all the lemmings and cavemen are finally going to take it in the shorts, and they're too stupid to see it coming.
            If your club has been pounded and pounded over 3 years (CU & FC ))you would hope someone else could feel your pain and embarrassment. While the DA may be as you claim too stupid to see it coming, you feel into the same trap. but you had to pay thousands for the lashings and beatings on the field. That's a stroke of genius.

Comment

ECNL is far and away the #1 league in the country for girls. GDA isn't even a close second, more like 3rd or 4th.

And those 2 clubs have developed more soccer players, and put more girls in college soccer, than ALL of the other Oregon clubs combined, including Thornz Asylum (which has put ZERO girls in college soccer). You might not like it, but that's the facts!
              CU has only been around 3 years, FC Portland like many long standing clubs has sent girls to college regardless of league affiliation. But to claim those two clubs have placed more girls in college than all other Oregon clubs combined truly shows your ignorance and mental sickness.

Whatever your opinion is about a league you are entitled to it, remember the DA is a US Soccer development program for the best clubs/players/coaches in the USA. So it's really not something you compare to a USYS or US Club league which is just an elective club choice for competition.

Get help.

Comment

Will you stop with this? Thorns is the path to professional soccer not college. While your kids are screwing around at sunny college campuses drinking beer out of a plastic solo cup and having fun, the real soccer players will be on pro teams and getting real world work experience as a cashier at Walgreens and the 76 station. Real world experience will get you to asst manager way faster than college.
                The problem with thorns is that pro women get paid so little they have to have second jobs to live. Cashier work at the gas station sounds glamorous but it is not. I've done it. Cleaning bathrooms alone is bad plus the fumes and restocking the beef jerky can be hard. There is just too much expected of you. College is a better option than thorns.

Comment

Will you stop with this? Thorns is the path to professional soccer not college. While your kids are screwing around at sunny college campuses drinking beer out of a plastic solo cup and having fun, the real soccer players will be on pro teams and getting real world work experience as a cashier at Walgreens and the 76 station. Real world experience will get you to asst manager way faster than college.
                  I'd definitely choose college path over the thorns gda.

Comment

The problem with thorns is that pro women get paid so little they have to have second jobs to live. Cashier work at the gas station sounds glamorous but it is not. I've done it. Cleaning bathrooms alone is bad plus the fumes and restocking the beef jerky can be hard. There is just too much expected of you. College is a better option than thorns.
                    I don't know about that sounds glamorous to me.

Comment

Me i would rather spend 40K to 50K total over 5 seasons of club soccer travel teams then spend 140K for 4 years of college and never see may daughter play a minute while wearing a bib sitting on the bench. Speaking of options. That's our choice.

Comment

I'd definitely choose college path over the thorns gda.
                        GDA is top tier college path.

Comment

Me i would rather spend 40K to 50K total over 5 seasons of club soccer travel teams then spend 140K for 4 years of college and never see may daughter play a minute while wearing a bib sitting on the bench. Speaking of options. That's our choice.
                          I like how the number has now grown to $50k.

Comment

CU has only been around 3 years, FC Portland like many long standing clubs has sent girls to college regardless of league affiliation. But to claim those two clubs have placed more girls in college than all other Oregon clubs combined truly shows your ignorance and mental sickness.

Whatever your opinion is about a league you are entitled to it, remember the DA is a US Soccer development program for the best clubs/players/coaches in the USA. So it's really not something you compare to a USYS or US Club league which is just an elective club choice for competition.

Get help.
                            Then how come the local players that are being called into USWNT camps and to also play in international events are those local players that are in the ECNL.

#Burlingamesocceristhebest

Comment

If your DD had made the team you would have been privy to the many parent and player meetings that emphasize college placement. You are delusional if you think the Timbers organization does not have top contacts for college recruitment. Are you asserting that FC Portland and Crossfire are better assisting in the placement of more boys in college than Timbers DA? I don't think so chucklehead. Girls will be getting same benefits in DA as the boys when it comes to college placement assistance. Only time will tell what other clubs will be able to offer such a comprehensive package for high school age youth. ECNL does not come close. That's just a league.. it's not a comprehensive program.
                              I was talking about the female players and leagues. Don't care what's happening on the boys side because I have a DD. "Top contacts"? Lol, just what does that mean exactly? Nice try at deflection "chucklehead".

Comment

Then how come the local players that are being called into USWNT camps and to also play in international events are those local players that are in the ECNL.

#Burlingamesocceristhebest
                                Weil, going forward in the inaugural year of the US Soccer DA for girls in 2017-18 those clubs in the DA players will be the first choice selection of US Soccer for nat camps etc.

Now, US Soccer has has a platform for training and development, if you want to be identified and developed for US Nat team camp selection your club needs to be part of the DA or you can tryout for a DA program in your area.

#marginalized

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X