Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think you said no wannabe soccer teams allowed. So it will be interesting to see our best (Portland Thorns) vs their best (Surf DA and SoCal Blues). Since you have consolidated all the talent and the best players are playing for the Thorns DA (no wannabe's). Then this will be an intersting weekend.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/sc...tionID=4105099
    Curious why the 99/00 Thorns team is calling themselves u16/17 (which would be the 01/02 team), but is rostering the 99/00 players. Incompetence? Or more bait and switch in an attempt to excuse anticipated losses ("well, we were playing older teams").

Also wondering why the real 01/02 team isn't doing the u16/17 GDA bracket? Not ready for prime time? I have heard they have some injuries to key players. What gives?

Comment

Curious why the 99/00 Thorns team is calling themselves u16/17 (which would be the 01/02 team), but is rostering the 99/00 players. Incompetence? Or more bait and switch in an attempt to excuse anticipated losses ("well, we were playing older teams").

Also wondering why the real 01/02 team isn't doing the u16/17 GDA bracket? Not ready for prime time? I have heard they have some injuries to key players. What gives?
      They have "key" players? Who knew?

Comment

They must be incompetent because based upon the roster they have registered they are in the right bracket. What I find funny is they received ZERO GotSoccer ranking points for their Beaverton Cup Championship

Comment

They must be incompetent because based upon the roster they have registered they are in the right bracket. What I find funny is they received ZERO GotSoccer ranking points for their Beaverton Cup Championship
          That's because this older team didn't win the Beaverton Cup. They aren't good enough.

Comment

That's because this older team didn't win the Beaverton Cup. They aren't good enough.
            Ouch. That's bad. They should try the balloon fest this year.

Comment

It's either incompetence or trying to save face as has been posted. Whoever registered them obviously doesn't know they go off next year's age bracket so really they should list it as u17-u18, or u17-u19 (01, 00, 99). If they use any 02s it should be u16-U19. Lol. One fancy new DA club can't put together a solid one year birth team for surf.

Comment

Beaverton Cup is not a GotSoccer tournament. Why anyone would care about GotSoccer rating points is beyond me.

Comment

It's either incompetence or trying to save face as has been posted. Whoever registered them obviously doesn't know they go off next year's age bracket so really they should list it as u17-u18, or u17-u19 (01, 00, 99). If they use any 02s it should be u16-U19. Lol. One fancy new DA club can't put together a solid one year birth team for surf.
                  They did the same thing in FWRL. The "99" team (called 99 in the standings) played in the 00 bracket. They may be the only club in the state that pays their manager and they can't get simple things like team title correct. It's hard to imagine BE is that stupid...so my money is on intentionally being misleading to explain away surf cup losses.

But for me the real question is why the younger team - loaded with Salem superstar 1 and 2 and the Gresham goal scorer - why didn't they do surf? They were definitely the stronger academy team last year. Why not Surf for them too?

Comment

Probably because they will do Disney and Dallas Cup.

Comment

Probably because they will do Disney and Dallas Cup.
                      Dallas cup is for boys you idiot.

Comment

Dallas cup is for boys you idiot.
                        Wrong. They have a large international girls cup in the spring.

Comment

They did the same thing in FWRL. The "99" team (called 99 in the standings) played in the 00 bracket. They may be the only club in the state that pays their manager and they can't get simple things like team title correct. It's hard to imagine BE is that stupid...so my money is on intentionally being misleading to explain away surf cup losses.

But for me the real question is why the younger team - loaded with Salem superstar 1 and 2 and the Gresham goal scorer - why didn't they do surf? They were definitely the stronger academy team last year. Why not Surf for them too?
                          In the case of the FWRL, Thornz Asylum were actually a 99 team playing down in the 00 bracket so they could be at least marginally competitive. As it was, even playing down, they were horrendous.

Comment

The answer is pretty simple. Salem Superstar and Gresham Gorilla were pretty much washed up and passed over 3 years ago. SS tried ECNL for a year and couldn't cut it - got lots of splinters from the riding the pine and her lack of soccer skills was very evident for all to see. GG is simply a thug who uses her size to run over other players - nothing else.

Comment

The answer is pretty simple. Salem Superstar and Gresham Gorilla were pretty much washed up and passed over 3 years ago. SS tried ECNL for a year and couldn't cut it - got lots of splinters from the riding the pine and her lack of soccer skills was very evident for all to see. GG is simply a thug who uses her size to run over other players - nothing else.
                              Actually it's funny because they were the best on those teams when they were there and you still can't get over that they are successful and you aren't.

Keep up the good character Ecnl idiot.

Comment

Actually it's funny because they were the best on those teams when they were there and you still can't get over that they are successful and you aren't.

Keep up the good character Ecnl idiot.
                                Not an ECNL parent or the OP. Just an OYSA parent who endured some of these charming families the last few years. The kid you call Salem superstar is actually pretty nice and her parents seem decent enough. The unbearable family from Salem is her teammate (who I actually think is the better player). Her dad is a piece of work. He is obviously a frustrated coach living vicariously through his kid. My DD says she's pretty nice too. Hopefully she can continue to tune him out.

The Gresham kid is the one we never liked seeing. Whether it was a shove in the back, an elbow to the head (partially due to her being so much bigger), or a ripped jersey or pair of shorts, you could always count on her making the game a rumble in the jungle. I think her mom is the one who people have posted about counting the goals and assists and that doesn't surprise me at all. I could see either of the Salem girls going all the way to to pros, but that Gresham kid will run into someone just as big and mean as she is one of these days. And will probably get exactly what she deserves.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X