•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Would you care to play 3-4 age groups. FKK vs the nearly disbanded OC GDA

Boys DA GONE. HAHAHAHAHA
    Gda would mop the floor with every FKK team except the 01 team. FKK teams may be a little better than the OC Ecnl teams which were all blown up by the gda teams a year younger, but their not in the same league. I think your underestimating the talent influx the most OP gda team had this season.

Comment

The English Mafia OC Girls DA staff is moving South but I guess the OC DA parents will be last to know just like the Boys DA parents
      This may be true. Word on the stree is it is going to happen. Disappointing for sure, but quite honestly...depending who takes over the 4 teams it might be for the best in the long run. There is talent in the program and certainly more talent in the Centrl Florida region. The OP GDA has tons of potential with the right structure and leader / trainer.

Comment

This may be true. Word on the stree is it is going to happen. Disappointing for sure, but quite honestly...depending who takes over the 4 teams it might be for the best in the long run. There is talent in the program and certainly more talent in the Centrl Florida region. The OP GDA has tons of potential with the right structure and leader / trainer.
        It makes sense for the girls academy to move further southwest to be more centralized in the Orlando area to be more accessible. It is the right move for the world international stage of the GDA future.

Comment

It makes sense for the girls academy to move further southwest to be more centralized in the Orlando area to be more accessible. It is the right move for the world international stage of the GDA future.
          Not sure if you're being sarcastic...I think GDA is the future, but right now I think they have some hurdles to overcome to be the best domestic league. The HS issues being a big one.

However, if they can get it ironed out. If difficult to see how a GDA team in central Florida, associated with a NWSL team ..that theoretically can recruit talent from a huge area including the Orlando met area...won't be successful and one of the top teams in SE US. IF...they get proper leadership and direction. That's a big if...

Comment

Would you care to play 3-4 age groups. FKK vs the nearly disbanded OC GDA

Boys DA GONE. HAHAHAHAHA
            Funny thing is if the GDA gets disbanded I’m sure your daughter will not be on a ECNL team anymore and OC GDA would smash all of FKK’s ECNL teams except for maybe our 01 age group. We’ve watched some of the FKK teams and it was nothing special. The boys DA is not gone they have a partnership with MV for the older age groups U15-U18/19 and the younger age groups will stay with boys OC DA, still the same coaches.

Comment

Today I sent this e-mail to Alan Hough, Director of the Girls DA for Orlando City/Pride. For obvious reasons I sent it anonymously. I will share his response if he answers and consents:

Dear Mr. Hough,

In February 2016 I wrote to voice my concerns about OC's plans to offer both GDA and ECNL programs. At the time you chose not to address those concerns, stating that the club had other priorities including implementation of the birth year change. Fair enough. But now, with tryouts less than a month away, it seems appropriate to re-visit the concerns that still exist and share some new ones.

1. Talent dilution: Since OC intends to offer both GDA and ECNL, how will you avoid watering down the talent between two top teams at each age group, making them less competitive vs clubs that concentrate on one top team per age? If your answer is that new elite players will come from surrounding clubs, can you explain why those players are not already on OC's ECNL teams and why they would change their minds now?
              2. GDA program cost: The Web is full of vague and conflicting information on whether GDA will be "fully funded", "cost-free", or just "funded". Terminology aside, please provide specific information on exactly what costs will be covered by the club and what will be passed on to the players' families

3. Scholarships: Please share the criteria for being awarded a partial or full GDA scholarship. We need confirmation that the process will be fair and unbiased, and not used as a recruiting tool for the most coveted players who may be fully able to pay.

4. High School soccer: If it is allowed, what assurance can you offer the players deciding to play for their school that there will be no repercussions upon their return? If a majority decide to play High School, what is the plan for the keeping remaining GDA team viable? If HS is not allowed, have you assessed how many will decline their GDA offers as a result of that decision?

5. Coaching: USSF stresses the importance of A-licensed coaches. Do you have a full complement of coaches meeting that requirement without sacrificing coaching quality on the ECNL and Purple teams? How many A-licensed coaches have been added to your staff to prepare for the 2017-2018 season?

Your answers will influence the choice of club next season for my family and many others in central Florida. Unfortunately I am unable to make your Sunday 1pm meeting, but I am certain many of the people attending have the same questions. Whether or not you choose to respond to me directly, I urge you to cover these topics at the meeting. This is a prime opportunity for you to correct any misinformation and set the record straight on the club’s position.

The online community is aware I have sent this message to you, and I intend to share your response online unless you specifically request otherwise.

Regards,
              A Concerned Soccer Parent
              What a difference a year makes. The poster of this message asked some really good questions in March of 2017. Answers are still few and far between.....

Comment

1st of all, you don’t know what your talking about. Alan would never give you the time of day to answer these stupid ass questions. Obviously if you have a daughter in the GDA with the Pride you would know the answer to these questions. Pride GDA teams are actually doing really well besides there 01/02 team. GDA cost you would know already if your daughter was on a Pride GDA team. Scholarships don’t need them for the Pride GDA, coaching staff and there license you would have known already. As to ECNL results definitely could be better but it is OC’s 2nd teams. FKK isn’t doing any better considering it’s there “ Top teams” and playing against other clubs 2nd teams in ECNL.
                Alan didn't respond to that e-mail because he didn't want anybody to know the answers to those questions. OP's daughter is obviously playing at a different club this season and is no doubt thrilled to be away from the OC/Pride sh!tshow. Many others who stayed at OC this year will seriously reconsider their options next year.

Comment

Alan didn't respond to that e-mail because he didn't want anybody to know the answers to those questions. OP's daughter is obviously playing at a different club this season and is no doubt thrilled to be away from the OC/Pride sh!tshow. Many others who stayed at OC this year will seriously reconsider their options next year.
                  yeah well reconsider until we find out its 2000k everywhere else vs practically zero at OC... oooookay

Comment

Daughters at OP GDA now. It hasnt been perfect, but far from a sh1t show. Training is not bad at all, but not unbelievable. I suspect there are some GDAs that have better training, but it's far from sh1t show terrible. The talent on the team is strong. I dont feel they have been misleading about anything up until now.

I still think it is the best option in all but the 01 age group, but my daughter doesnt care about not playing HS.

I would re evaluate for next year depending on new coaches and talent exodus or influx.

Comment

Daughters at OP GDA now. It hasnt been perfect, but far from a sh1t show. Training is not bad at all, but not unbelievable. I suspect there are some GDAs that have better training, but it's far from sh1t show terrible. The talent on the team is strong. I dont feel they have been misleading about anything up until now.

I still think it is the best option in all but the 01 age group, but my daughter doesnt care about not playing HS.

I would re evaluate for next year depending on new coaches and talent exodus or influx.
                      OC Girls DA will be folding next. More then likely midway thru next year. It’s a financial mess.

Comment

OC Girls DA will be folding next. More then likely midway thru next year. It’s a financial mess.
                        Go on...

Any situation that is Subsidized is going to look bad financially. I mean....be definition, its in the red because the players are not paying full freight.

Players are paying all travel, club covers the rest. How can it be a mess? Can they not do simple math and determine what the per player cost is going to be that they are subsidizing?

You would have been better off to just say something like "they don't want to subsitdizw the girls side anymore." That would make more sense than saying it's a mess.

This just sounds like a lie / troll.

Comment

Go on...

Any situation that is Subsidized is going to look bad financially. I mean....be definition, its in the red because the players are not paying full freight.

Players are paying all travel, club covers the rest. How can it be a mess? Can they not do simple math and determine what the per player cost is going to be that they are subsidizing?

You would have been better off to just say something like "they don't want to subsitdizw the girls side anymore." That would make more sense than saying it's a mess.

This just sounds like a lie / troll.
                          Who pays coaches salary and travel

Comment

Not the parents or players.

Comment

Coaching is suspect because the coaches are paid less than OCYS coaches. Not much money at OCP GDA. You get what you pay for. Hopefully this year does not set the players back to far.

Comment

Coaching is suspect because the coaches are paid less than OCYS coaches. Not much money at OCP GDA. You get what you pay for. Hopefully this year does not set the players back to far.
                                OCYS is falling apart

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X