Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    More lies, GS did not bring in that girl. She tried out for the 17's. She's a great player.
    Does not matter if she is a great player. We are in the middle of the season. BL told us all that the only coaches brought in too any players and new coaches cut players becuase they felt we had too many. While cutting those players they added one from Tbu and now adding another one from who knows. The point is they keep telling lie after lie and this is just another one. Why are you adding players while complaining you have too many and cutting them? Ethics don't exist here.

Comment

Does not matter if she is a great player. We are in the middle of the season. BL told us all that the only coaches brought in too any players and new coaches cut players becuase they felt we had too many. While cutting those players they added one from Tbu and now adding another one from who knows. The point is they keep telling lie after lie and this is just another one. Why are you adding players while complaining you have too many and cutting them? Ethics don't exist here.
      Are you crazy? If they bring in quality players that is a good thing. It would be more disturbing to hear that they are turning away quality to average. It's called competition! This isn't recreational soccer where everyone gets to play. Only the top 18 get a chance.

Comment

This is ELITE competition. ECNL is about playing against the best and being represented by the best. The ECNL is not about loyalty to a club its about being a destination club for the best players. I must say that I am NOT a fan of discovery players because I feel that team chemistry is important and comes about with both practice and games BUT I am a HUGE fan of getting the best players here that are willing to make the trip to practice and play with these teams. The ultimate goal is to draw these girls into the club in the U10-U12 age groups where they can grow and develop as individuals and as a team within our club. Legacy players (girls that have been with the club a long time) will always have an advantage(if they are equal or close they will be retained) but they are not guaranteed spots. We have NPL teams that are also growing in talent level and this will dramatically strengthen those teams and make them more competitive. There are many clubs that have both ECNL teams and NPL teams in the top 10 or even 5 in their state. It is great for the club and great for the players. As an extreme example PDA had 49 players get scholarships for the 2014 recruiting year and we all know only 18 play in ECNL.

Comment

Wake the Hell up, this is competetive sports and the best play period !

Really sorry your daughter got cut...Theres always TARSA !

Comment

Wake the Hell up, this is competetive sports and the best play period !

Really sorry your daughter got cut...Theres always TARSA !
            I think the point here is that these girls tried out and made the team, and committed to the team (financially and time-wise). For the club to then turn around in the middle of the season and replace them with someone who they feel is better is just wrong. If the club isn't going to be loyal to the players why should they be loyal to the club/team.

Comment

I think the point here is that these girls tried out and made the team, and committed to the team (financially and time-wise). For the club to then turn around in the middle of the season and replace them with someone who they feel is better is just wrong. If the club isn't going to be loyal to the players why should they be loyal to the club/team.
              Mistakes are made. If after the games that have been played you notice players who cannot compete at this level, you don't penalize the team by keeping them. You move them down.

Comment

Mistakes are made. If after the games that have been played you notice players who cannot compete at this level, you don't penalize the team by keeping them. You move them down.
                I would hope the evaluation process would be enough to find this out beforehand. Once again, why should hardworking kids be penalized for poor evaluations by the club. Wait until the season is over and then re-evaluate.

Comment

I would hope the evaluation process would be enough to find this out beforehand. Once again, why should hardworking kids be penalized for poor evaluations by the club. Wait until the season is over and then re-evaluate.
                  Agree, how about being patient, and try to teach and train versus replace.

Comment

With a full 100% refund!

Comment

Fully Funded

For a soccer club act in this capacity said club should not ask for a player contract and families to pay money. For a club act in this capacity the program should be fully funded. The staff at WFF know better.

Comment

With a full 100% refund!
                        All players can compete the question is can these coaches train and develop players? What we are seeing is that they cannot. That's the problem!

Comment

For a soccer club act in this capacity said club should not ask for a player contract and families to pay money. For a club act in this capacity the program should be fully funded. The staff at WFF know better.
                          They want the players to be committed but they offer no commitment back.

Comment

Are you crazy? If they bring in quality players that is a good thing. It would be more disturbing to hear that they are turning away quality to average. It's called competition! This isn't recreational soccer where everyone gets to play. Only the top 18 get a chance.
                            What is the point in coming to tryouts being committed doing everything you should do if they can bump you anytime during the season? Other clubs do not do this mid season that's why there are tryouts. The coaches clearly can't do what they need to with these teams so they want to put the blame on the players. Teams with far less talent can do much better. The problem is in the mentality and lack of ability from the new coaching staff. They continue to not make good decisions for our girls.

Where there is not trust you have nothing!

Comment

This is ELITE competition. ECNL is about playing against the best and being represented by the best. The ECNL is not about loyalty to a club its about being a destination club for the best players. I must say that I am NOT a fan of discovery players because I feel that team chemistry is important and comes about with both practice and games BUT I am a HUGE fan of getting the best players here that are willing to make the trip to practice and play with these teams. The ultimate goal is to draw these girls into the club in the U10-U12 age groups where they can grow and develop as individuals and as a team within our club. Legacy players (girls that have been with the club a long time) will always have an advantage(if they are equal or close they will be retained) but they are not guaranteed spots. We have NPL teams that are also growing in talent level and this will dramatically strengthen those teams and make them more competitive. There are many clubs that have both ECNL teams and NPL teams in the top 10 or even 5 in their state. It is great for the club and great for the players. As an extreme example PDA had 49 players get scholarships for the 2014 recruiting year and we all know only 18 play in ECNL.

Good Vision BL, but you obviously have not learned anything from the coaching and player recruiting mess, and have not been watching the games. The "Legacy players" are the only players showing the intensity, speed and stamina to compete at ECNL-level. Without them, we would be worse than OC. For example, in the U-16 only four of twelve new recruits, (including discovery discovery players) have demonstrated they have enough intensity, speed and skills to play in ECNL games and three of them are injured.

To use an analogy you can understand, not every skillful player can succeed in EPL because it is too fast and physical. Stop recruiting players base on hype and connections. Develop them through the NPL and bring them up.

Comment

Good Vision BL, but you obviously have not learned anything from the coaching and player recruiting mess, and have not been watching the games. The "Legacy players" are the only players showing the intensity, speed and stamina to compete at ECNL-level. Without them, we would be worse than OC. For example, in the U-16 only four of twelve new recruits, (including discovery discovery players) have demonstrated they have enough intensity, speed and skills to play in ECNL games and three of them are injured.

To use an analogy you can understand, not every skillful player can succeed in EPL because it is too fast and physical. Stop recruiting players base on hype and connections. Develop them through the NPL and bring them up.
                                I am not BL. The goal is to attract players to the younger teams and develop them within the club. As ECNL starts to become more well known this will start to happen and already has. It is also happening at the older age groups where some of the best players in the State have come to play. Our goal as a club is to get these players here young. If there is a new player that comes at U15 and they are equal to someone developed within the club then I am sure the legacy player would get the nod. Our goal should be to make the best teams possible from players that are trained within our club and brought up thru the system. Like I said, I am not a fan of random discovery players...I would prefer them to come and commit to the team and club by attending all practices and games. The younger in their career the better since this will generate less problems with team chemistry and competitiveness of the teams. Best players, best teams is what elite is all about. Otherwise it is just glorified NPL and the results will show.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X