• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on people. Soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Come on people. Soccer.
      Game 1 (finished today from postponment)
      Newton South 1
      Lincoln Sudbury 0

Game 2
      Newton South 1
      Lincoln Sudbury 3

Comment

Enough with the political rants! I want to hear about HS Soccer. Fck the BS! Grow up already!

Comment

Enough with the political rants! I want to hear about HS Soccer. Fck the BS! Grow up already!
          Westwood - 0
          Medfield- 2

Comment

Watched a JV game yesterday where the ref was obsessed with masks. He was repetitively yelling at players mid play about their masks. These masks were slipping. It was not the girls pushing them down. He was calling them by their numbers obviously since he doesn’t know their names. One goalie got so distracted when it dawned on her he was talking to her she lost concentration and let an easy goal in. I felt so bad for her. I think he could have handled it better if he reality felt he had to say something mid play say it once and if the player didn’t hear try to remind that player or everyone when play stops.

Comment

The deranged orange guy is to blame for why America is one of the worst countries in terms of getting COVID 19 under control. F him and all his supporters, including the domestic terrorists.
              I want Trump to win just to witness your breakdown.

This is a soccer blog...give it a rest and talk soccer. The world is a hateful enough place without your negativity.

Comment

The first few games I watched were ok with adjustments made for heading with kids chest trapping the balls and strategic play adjustments for new rules. I thought ok this might not be as bad as I thought. Last game refs whistling everything including minor contact and making kids kick in at the whistle. I really noticed it altering the flow of the game. It really works against more physical and scrappy teams.

Interesting...my experience was the opposite. Game #1 was a joke. There was a whistle every 30 seconds. Game #2 seemed to be a little more normal. Except for the
                no heading or throw-ins it seemed almost normal...a lot less whistles.

Totally agree with the poster above. Physical/scrappy teams are at a disadvantage.

Comment

Watched a JV game yesterday where the ref was obsessed with masks. He was repetitively yelling at players mid play about their masks. These masks were slipping. It was not the girls pushing them down. He was calling them by their numbers obviously since he doesn’t know their names. One goalie got so distracted when it dawned on her he was talking to her she lost concentration and let an easy goal in. I felt so bad for her. I think he could have handled it better if he reality felt he had to say something mid play say it once and if the player didn’t hear try to remind that player or everyone when play stops.
                  Covid doesn't wait for a restart!

-CovidKaren

Comment

Watched Wakefield v Wilmington today. On every throw (kick) in, the players were using their hands to place the ball on the ground. Not a word from either ref.

Charlie Baker is such a useless douchbag.

When does his sexual predator son go on trial?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...UKL/story.html

Comment

Interesting...my experience was the opposite. Game #1 was a joke. There was a whistle every 30 seconds. Game #2 seemed to be a little more normal. Except for the
                      no heading or throw-ins it seemed almost normal...a lot less whistles.

Totally agree with the poster above. Physical/scrappy teams are at a disadvantage.
                      Heading will be a lost art before too long.
                      It may never return.

Comment

Heading will be a lost art before too long.
                        It may never return.
                        You know that MA is the only state playing without heading, right? It isn’t disappearing.

Comment

You know that MA is the only state playing without heading, right? It isn’t disappearing.
                          Some people love to say they were the first to think of something even if it is something stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            you know that ma is the only state playing without heading, right? It isn’t disappearing.
                            cte...?

Comment

cte...?
                              Are you serious? You can’t be serious

Comment

Are you serious? You can’t be serious
                                Agree.....complete joke.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X