Top Drawer Player Rankings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every player will say they're interested in the school so you need to tell them WHY.

"University X has a top rated program for ______ and that is what I want to study."

Also, I can't emphasize enough the need for your kid to proof read! True story - son's best friend was copy and pasting emails and didn't change the name of the school for two schools. It's not the time to be sloppy and it's a skill you need your whole life.

Comment

Talking to an academic D1, she said 3 star rankings are more interesting this year only because it’s next to impossible to get out for assessments. Might be somewhat relevant for 22s. 4 and 5 stars are picked over by the best programs.

Comment

I know a parent who told me HE put his son's name on the site. Son doesn't play anymore but still there. Also, witnessed another friend's son go from 0 stars to 2 stars while not even playing.

perhaps, > 3 stars is worth it, but if your soccer stud, COULD play in college, the system will find him/ her.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Talking to an academic D1, she said 3 star rankings are more interesting this year only because it’s next to impossible to get out for assessments. Might be somewhat relevant for 22s. 4 and 5 stars are picked over by the best programs.
          Coaches are fools if they're using that in any form. A program and school of any decent quality doesn't need to use those lists to solicit players either because they will get 100s of emails from kids who want that school/program. Schools that have limited budgets and have a harder time recruiting may.

In these unusual times more are asking for game footage - so start recording if you haven't been just in case (and not with your phone). 22s still have time to get seen, assuming showcases and ID evens resume early next year. If a player of interest is local, coaches can come watch club games when they start. Very stressful times and normal timelines are out the window, but I think the 22s will be fine in the end. The poor 21s are a different story

Comment

Coaches are fools if they're using that in any form. A program and school of any decent quality doesn't need to use those lists to solicit players either because they will get 100s of emails from kids who want that school/program. Schools that have limited budgets and have a harder time recruiting may.

In these unusual times more are asking for game footage - so start recording if you haven't been just in case (and not with your phone). 22s still have time to get seen, assuming showcases and ID evens resume early next year. If a player of interest is local, coaches can come watch club games when they start. Very stressful times and normal timelines are out the window, but I think the 22s will be fine in the end. The poor 21s are a different story
            I agree COV19 hit the poor 21s hardest. The good 21s were locked in 2 fall waves, the jan wave then allocated the rest of the $ to the middle 21s. The poor 21s and the non-scholarship seekers took it on the chin

Comment

Don’t all the professional contracts and college commitments reflected in their Top 150 rankings provide a degree of justification concerning their process?

Comment

Don’t all the professional contracts and college commitments reflected in their Top 150 rankings provide a degree of justification concerning their process?
                the Top 150 across the country? Maybe - those players are easier to ID, NT picks etc. But that doesn't mean at the state level the ratings for players past 150 are anything remotely accurate. They simply don't have to staff to evaluate hundreds of players across the US.

Comment

the Top 150 across the country? Maybe - those players are easier to ID, NT picks etc. But that doesn't mean at the state level the ratings for players past 150 are anything remotely accurate. They simply don't have to staff to evaluate hundreds of players across the US.
                  They evaluate players at top tournaments.

Comment

They evaluate players at top tournaments.
                    Still doesn't mean they actually get to many of them. There's several hundred players and their staff isn't large.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X