Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPL vs regional ECNL

I am trying to figure out the alphabet soup of leagues in girls soccer. Understood DA (at least last year)/ECNL were top tiers. Now that there are regional ECNLs, can anyone tell me how they compare competitively to NPL? I understand it to be less travel (Carolinas), NPL (GA, SC, TN). Thanks!

The hierarchy is ECNL National, ECNL Regional, NPL (Sometimes now called ECNL-Red). You are correct, NPL usually stays in state with occasional out of state games, mainly tournaments. NPL is still a nice competitive league with quality teams. Some kids/parents who may have been offered ECNL but don’t want travel go there as well as those whom that was the best fit for their skill. For the better clubs it’s also a place where you can move up to ECNL or move down from ecnl depending on position need and performance.

Comment

NO! Their is no tier!!! Stop peddling this. These are "access" leagues that only specific size clubs who qualify to apply can get into. They don't encompass all of soccer and some non ecnl "markets" have teams that would wipe the floor with these "top tier" league teams. This is a broken system that needs to end. The ultimate test is how they "brand" themselves. The second they start using marketing language about college id showcases, "scout attendance" etc on social media and email blasts, you are being sold empty goods from a hired digital advertising agency.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X