X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NW GAL Schedule

https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/1805

Just curious, how is this going for you all? Be nice everyone.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/1805

Just curious, how is this going for you all? Be nice everyone.
    My kid is happy that she stayed with Reign and is glad Spokane signed on, which should provide some good in state competition. Couldn’t have asked for anything more from the club’s Covid era training program. Obviously, would like to get back to real soccer. Roster sizes for some of the GA teams are very small, but they seem to have full rosters for all of the red teams so won’t have any difficulty fielding teams. I’m sure they’d love to bring in a few more players in some age groups. They clearly lost a number of players they would have liked to keep, but also brought in a number of kids who can play at a high level. Hard to tell how good the teams will be until they get out and play and see what pieces fit where.

As for the schedule, I just hope they get some games in. Looks like some of the dates are placeholders unless they are planning for a quadruple header on New Years Day. Maybe 3 trips to Nor Cal + 3 showcase? Seems about on par with historical DA/ECNL travel. GA overall seems to be doing a solid job building out the league, finding solid partners, hiring quality people for top jobs, and promoting itself. In the Midwest and Northeast it may be stronger than ECNL, which provides a good foundation to build on.

Comment

My kid is happy that she stayed with Reign and is glad Spokane signed on, which should provide some good in state competition. Couldn’t have asked for anything more from the club’s Covid era training program. Obviously, would like to get back to real soccer. Roster sizes for some of the GA teams are very small, but they seem to have full rosters for all of the red teams so won’t have any difficulty fielding teams. I’m sure they’d love to bring in a few more players in some age groups. They clearly lost a number of players they would have liked to keep, but also brought in a number of kids who can play at a high level. Hard to tell how good the teams will be until they get out and play and see what pieces fit where.

As for the schedule, I just hope they get some games in. Looks like some of the dates are placeholders unless they are planning for a quadruple header on New Years Day. Maybe 3 trips to Nor Cal + 3 showcase? Seems about on par with historical DA/ECNL travel. GA overall seems to be doing a solid job building out the league, finding solid partners, hiring quality people for top jobs, and promoting itself. In the Midwest and Northeast it may be stronger than ECNL, which provides a good foundation to build on.
      Lets hope it doesnt snow this year.....no fun passing through the passes when there is snow in the forecast.

Comment

Jealous they have games scheduled.

Comment

Jealous they have games scheduled.
          Good luck with coaches attending. Isnt that the whole point of GAL? Or maybe not.

Comment

Good luck with coaches attending. Isnt that the whole point of GAL? Or maybe not.
            Just getting to play is the point.

Comment

Roster will be full sized as the reign agreed to bring on a whole other club to fill holes. Specifically in the 03 & 04 age group. That speaks volumes.

Comment

Roster will be full sized as the reign agreed to bring on a whole other club to fill holes. Specifically in the 03 & 04 age group. That speaks volumes.
                Great for both clubs then.

Comment

Just getting to play is the point.
                  you are right....lets pack them up in a car to drive 5 hours to play. or better yet, lets fly then to Cali for some JV games.

Comment

Ok a few questions and comments.

Which club is joining Reign GA? I can maybe see Seattle Celtics or other old club that used to be Seattle United. I believe the latter controls the fields at Magnuson park? Not sure.

Coaches watching? Well, I think this is the year for auto filming with tracking to send film footage to the coaches. I doubt that they will allow a dedicated parent filmer on the field.
                    I heard that old DA had something like that and ECNL is pursuing filming. If you think about it, it really levels the playing field for coach's time to watch players and ask them to come
                    to their ID camps when it opens.

Playing JV? Come on, stop it. ECNL went from 2 to 5 and GAL is at 3. 2 ECNL teams to 8 elite teams in a few years. Don't forget there will be ECNL Regional aka ECNL 2. and DPL?
                    We are all JV. Relax. Enjoy the ride it will be over very soon.

Comment

Wow, some of ya'll are jealous. My kid isn't in GAL but good for them

Comment

Ok a few questions and comments.

Which club is joining Reign GA? I can maybe see Seattle Celtics or other old club that used to be Seattle United. I believe the latter controls the fields at Magnuson park? Not sure.

Coaches watching? Well, I think this is the year for auto filming with tracking to send film footage to the coaches. I doubt that they will allow a dedicated parent filmer on the field.
                        I heard that old DA had something like that and ECNL is pursuing filming. If you think about it, it really levels the playing field for coach's time to watch players and ask them to come
                        to their ID camps when it opens.

Playing JV? Come on, stop it. ECNL went from 2 to 5 and GAL is at 3. 2 ECNL teams to 8 elite teams in a few years. Don't forget there will be ECNL Regional aka ECNL 2. and DPL?
                        We are all JV. Relax. Enjoy the ride it will be over very soon.
                        I must of missed the memo that put the GAL into the Elite Category. The only thing Elite about GAL is the price tag.

Comment

Oh please, what a joke! Reign is at best below ECNL level and to pay thousands of dollars to travel in this pandemic and play, when there are so many ECNL teams available here? If you are that parent, you need to re-evaluate your life!
                          The best players left Reign because they know there is no competition for their players there now. Reign picked up B and C players from other clubs, it’s not an elite program and never will be.

Comment

Oh please, what a joke! Reign is at best below ECNL level and to pay thousands of dollars to travel in this pandemic and play, when there are so many ECNL teams available here? If you are that parent, you need to re-evaluate your life!
                            The best players left Reign because they know there is no competition for their players there now. Reign picked up B and C players from other clubs, it’s not an elite program and never will be.
                            Why.Do.You.Care.If.Your.Kid.Doesn't.Play.for.Reign ?

How other people spend their time and money doesn't affect you.

Comment

cuz trolls gotta troll, like moths to a flame... seems to be how most threads devolve these days

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X