Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The current Region 1 teams are going to an interregional event in FL next month (unless it gets cancelled!) to play the other regional teams.
    Enjoy the 14 day quarantine

Comment

Enjoy the 14 day quarantine
      Waste of time and money especially with the dead period

Comment

How many players are picked from each age group?

Comment

Last year for the 07 girls there were 48 (U14)
          The year before I think it was more like 38 (U13)

Comment

Who cares don't waste your time

Comment

At this point, kids just want to play...if odp provides extra games at decent quality, i see this as at great option.

Comment

Only at SSS would you need ODP for more soccer.

Comment

Who cares don't waste your time
                  Exactly. It’s all rigged. They love to take the tryout money when in fact, they know who they are taking before they even lay eyes on anyone.

Comment

Exactly. It’s all rigged. They love to take the tryout money when in fact, they know who they are taking before they even lay eyes on anyone.
                    LOL. Love the rigged part. The only players they know they are taking are Region 1 pool players from the year prior who automatically get a spot on the regional ODP team. Everyone else is based on performance at tryouts. Literally. Not for nothing, but you can almost figure out who is going to make it by the end of tryouts based on their performance in the 9v9 scrimmages in the last part of tryout. There will be 2 strong teams playing each other where most of the selections are made and then a number of weaker teams playing each other. Who ends up on each team is based on the physical, technical and tactical performance of the small-sided games... where it is impossible to hide deficiencies in all of the above.

Seriously, kid has been a part of the program for years and this is the way. Now, if you're talking about region 1 pool selection, national selection, etc, that is a different story. Very few unknowns out there and physical comes first, then technical, then tactical in their priority for selection, so if you have a slow kid, forget it. If you have a kid who isn't in shape, forget it. If you have a kid who has a first touch like a donkey, forget it. The coaches at that level know almost everyone they are looking at well ahead of time and it can be difficult to break in if you haven't been in already or are missing something I mentioned above. Regardless, my kid loves it and it has been great for her.

Comment

Doesn’t Udy about everyone make the regional team?

Comment

Doesn’t Udy about everyone make the regional team?
                        Nope. Cuts every year and the size of the pool gets smaller as they age. By the time you’re at U16-17, half are u16’s and half are u17’s. One of the biggest cullings of players is at U16 when approx. half the U15’s from the prior year are cut.

Comment

Nope. Cuts every year and the size of the pool gets smaller as they age. By the time you’re at U16-17, half are u16’s and half are u17’s. One of the biggest cullings of players is at U16 when approx. half the U15’s from the prior year are cut.
                          Everyone I know that has tried out, Made the large regional team. And none of these players that I’m talking about, were extraordinary players.

Comment

Everyone I know that has tried out, Made the large regional team. And none of these players that I’m talking about, were extraordinary players.
                            And I know players who have tried out multiple times and never been selected for the regional team. I know players who thought they would make it no problem and didn’t get selected. I also know players that made region 1 pool that I never would have selected. What’s your point?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              everyone i know that has tried out, made the large regional team. And none of these players that i’m talking about, were extraordinary players.
                              waste of time!!!

Comment

waste of time!!!
                                total waste of time and money.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X