Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You mean the ones who are posting photos of their D3 players pretending to sign NLIs? Those parents who can't stop living through their kid, lol?
    You are too D1 dad. That's why you're so intent on proving some kind of superiority.

Comment

You are too D1 dad. That's why you're so intent on proving some kind of superiority.
      Nope, I'm not "intent on proving some kind of superiority". It's basic principle. In black and white. If a kid is not signing a NLI, why should they be acknowledged on NLI signing day? It's like having all the kids at someone's birthday party in April sing happy birthday to your kid too, even though your kid's birthday is in September, lol!

Comment

Not the one you are arguing with, but as the poster above says, human nature to protect a point of pride. You get a scholarship, you sign an NLI. You go Ivy or D3, you don't.

I think that more people complete a marathon than ever swim a mile in open water. That doesn't mean those swimmers deserve a Boston Marathon windbreaker. Both are great accomplishments, but they are different.

I think the question is why do you perceive the NLI signing as causing your situation to be inferior?

Comment

Nope, I'm not "intent on proving some kind of superiority". It's basic principle. In black and white. If a kid is not signing a NLI, why should they be acknowledged on NLI signing day? It's like having all the kids at someone's birthday party in April sing happy birthday to your kid too, even though your kid's birthday is in September, lol!
          Everyone gets trophy !!!!!!!!

Comment

Not the one you are arguing with, but as the poster above says, human nature to protect a point of pride. You get a scholarship, you sign an NLI. You go Ivy or D3, you don't.

I think that more people complete a marathon than ever swim a mile in open water. That doesn't mean those swimmers deserve a Boston Marathon windbreaker. Both are great accomplishments, but they are different.

I think the question is why do you perceive the NLI signing as causing your situation to be inferior?
            I'm a proud NESCAC parent. I can't believe the gyrations my fellow parents are going through to justify the fake NLI ceremonies. It's embarrassing.

Trust me, I'm VERY proud of my kid getting into her school, but I'm happy for the other kid that might be getting some $'s from Central Conn. I don't need my kid to pretend to be a scholarship athlete when she's not.

Comment

I'm a proud NESCAC parent. I can't believe the gyrations my fellow parents are going through to justify the fake NLI ceremonies. It's embarrassing.

Trust me, I'm VERY proud of my kid getting into her school, but I'm happy for the other kid that might be getting some $'s from Central Conn. I don't need my kid to pretend to be a scholarship athlete when she's not.
              This is what it looks like when you are comfortable with yourself

Comment

Except there is no such thing as "D3 signings", that's the whole point that you just refuse to accept. What's even more ridiculous is NCAA statement on D3 "signings"-
                'Division 3 athletes don’t have a NLI to sign, but they can sign a “non-binding standardized celebratory form” It can be signed by a prospect after the prospect has been accepted to a Division III institution.'

Notice it says AFTER the prospect has been accepted to a D3 school...even the earliest of ED acceptances don't come before November 11th. Everyone gets a trophy (insert eye roll) even if it means breaking the rules.
                Let it go....you are beating a dead horse. You may want to punish someone for holding a pen in a picture but I think its a ridiculous position and it has been refuted on the NLI sites. No one is saying there is an NLI for D3 and I am not advocating for pictures of D3 kids with pens in their hands. But you are pushing the prestige of NLI (probably because you were offended that someone at your kids high school did it on the same day as your kid's D1 signing). Maybe the kid is signing their financial aid form on NLI day but not saying it is an NLI...why does it bother you so much?

Comment

YES! Superiority is a great way to describe the person posting about fake signings and the prestige of NLI.

Comment

This deserves "Post of the Year" on TS!

Comment

This deserves "Post of the Year" on TS!
                      Cant' be true - NESCAC parents would snub their noses at Central CT ;)

Comment

Let it go....you are beating a dead horse. You may want to punish someone for holding a pen in a picture but I think its a ridiculous position and it has been refuted on the NLI sites. No one is saying there is an NLI for D3 and I am not advocating for pictures of D3 kids with pens in their hands. But you are pushing the prestige of NLI (probably because you were offended that someone at your kids high school did it on the same day as your kid's D1 signing). Maybe the kid is signing their financial aid form on NLI day but not saying it is an NLI...why does it bother you so much?
                        I don't want to punish anyone, just noting that kids who are not signing NLIs should not pose and pretend to sign NLIs on NLI signing day. It's really a simple concept. So far there have been analogies of kids pretending to be in Honor Societies that they are not, kids having Happy Birthday sung to them when it's not their birthday, yet for some reason you still think a kid who is not signing an NLI should be included in NLI signing day, lol. Let it go...you are beating a deda horse.

Comment

I don't want to punish anyone, just noting that kids who are not signing NLIs should not pose and pretend to sign NLIs on NLI signing day. It's really a simple concept. So far there have been analogies of kids pretending to be in Honor Societies that they are not, kids having Happy Birthday sung to them when it's not their birthday, yet for some reason you still think a kid who is not signing an NLI should be included in NLI signing day, lol. Let it go...you are beating a deda horse.
                          the birthday song comparison doesn't even seem comparable

Comment

Ok, that's it. After 18 pages, I am definitely going to have my dd wear her Yale or Williams sweatshirt that says "Full Pay, No Scholarship b/c My Dad is Rich." while holding her feather and putting said feather in her hair during the ceremony.

You bozos will probably call her out as a cultural appropriation racist for using a feather in the cap reference. Ok fine. She will wear war paint to make it real, yo.

Comment

Ok, that's it. After 18 pages, I am definitely going to have my dd wear her Yale or Williams sweatshirt that says "Full Pay, No Scholarship b/c My Dad is Rich." while holding her feather and putting said feather in her hair during the ceremony.

You bozos will probably call her out as a cultural appropriation racist for using a feather in the cap reference. Ok fine. She will wear war paint to make it real, yo.
                              Why the OR? She is either committed, or she isn't.

Comment

Cant' be true - NESCAC parents would snub their noses at Central CT ;)
                                and you care why

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X