Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am sure MK recommended those players to NYCFC. He cares about the career paths of his players and loves to see them progress as far as they want to . He helps them anyway he can.
    Started smoking crack right at 5:00?

Comment

I am sure MK recommended those players to NYCFC. He cares about the career paths of his players and loves to see them progress as far as they want to . He helps them anyway he can.
      Sure that you are talking about the right guy

Comment

NYCFC tryouts and player selection

There are a few kids on the NYCFC Academy teams from all the local DA clubs. BWG, Met Oval, World Class, New York Soccer Club, and that crappy club in CT (Beachbums?)

Truth be told, NYCFC changed the conversation on all the clubs last year. When they began with the Affiliate league, they told the clubs they wouldn't take kids until they were 13, and that they would only take 1-2 per club per year.

Well they ended up taking kids at 10, and taking whomever and they wanted numbers wise. So some of the clubs have a right to be upset.

That said, if an MLS club wants a player in your club to joint their MLS Academy, what coach/club wouldn't be proud of that. They are ALL supposed to be developing players, not teams.

Develop the player, to to the MLS Academy if that is what you want. But any coach/club that blocks a kid or tries to block a kid from that path should be shamed publicly.

Beachside has done that, numerous times across several ages.

I refer you all to BS is BS.

Comment

There are a few kids on the NYCFC Academy teams from all the local DA clubs. BWG, Met Oval, World Class, New York Soccer Club, and that crappy club in CT (Beachbums?)

Truth be told, NYCFC changed the conversation on all the clubs last year. When they began with the Affiliate league, they told the clubs they wouldn't take kids until they were 13, and that they would only take 1-2 per club per year.

Well they ended up taking kids at 10, and taking whomever and they wanted numbers wise. So some of the clubs have a right to be upset.

That said, if an MLS club wants a player in your club to joint their MLS Academy, what coach/club wouldn't be proud of that. They are ALL supposed to be developing players, not teams.

Develop the player, to to the MLS Academy if that is what you want. But any coach/club that blocks a kid or tries to block a kid from that path should be shamed publicly.

Thanks for this. It's an interesting phenomenon. Both a blessing and a curse I suppose. NYCFC taking kids out of ulittles does create a downstream problem - both backfilling and competitive balance. I can see the perspective of an affiliate club looking to create some continuity around a team to ensure that *all* their players are developing. On the flipside, kids grabbing the brass ring at that age don't really understand that the likelihood of them being there in a few years is pretty low. So I guess it's a multitude of factors - clubs should never block the pathway (and to your point be unbelievably proud) but MLS clubs should just act as if they are shopping at the corner grocery store either.

Comment

Thanks for this. It's an interesting phenomenon. Both a blessing and a curse I suppose. NYCFC taking kids out of ulittles does create a downstream problem - both backfilling and competitive balance. I can see the perspective of an affiliate club looking to create some continuity around a team to ensure that *all* their players are developing. On the flipside, kids grabbing the brass ring at that age don't really understand that the likelihood of them being there in a few years is pretty low. So I guess it's a multitude of factors - clubs should never block the pathway (and to your point be unbelievably proud) but MLS clubs should just act as if they are shopping at the corner grocery store either.
            MLS clubs *shouldn't* just act as if they are shopping at the corner grocery store either

Comment

any one at columbia last night for tryouts?

Comment

so how NYCFC will get player (10-12y) ? NYCFC talent center and tryout only ?

Comment

NYCFC Talent ID

so how NYCFC will get player (10-12y) ? NYCFC talent center and tryout only ?
                  Yes, through Talent Center and ID

Keep in mind, NYCFC knows all the good kids.... they watch, they observe, they scout.

That GREAT kid is NOT being missed for the most part.

Comment

Keep in mind, NYCFC knows all the good kids.... they watch, they observe, they scout.

Right, as long as his pare ts are payung a boatload of cash for their child to be playing in a game against them. Give me a break. If yhe goal is to find hidden gems you have to work harder, developna conprehensive scouting sustem (even down into hs, lower level premier and travel games), and have open cattle calls. Lots of super little players cant afford to play with or against these uber clubs.

Comment

I see.. so there is no point to join Affiliate team and play Affiliate league since NYCFC wont take any kids from Affiliate team till 13 years

Comment

NYCFC Scout

Right, as long as his pare ts are payung a boatload of cash for their child to be playing in a game against them. Give me a break. If yhe goal is to find hidden gems you have to work harder, developna conprehensive scouting sustem (even down into hs, lower level premier and travel games), and have open cattle calls. Lots of super little players cant afford to play with or against these uber clubs.
                        I've personally attended 42 town travel games this past year, premier games, DA games. I've been to CT, Westchester, Rockland. We have 4 others who have done the same. Next year we'll have 8.

We're seeing the games
                        We've got spotters all over the place

The work IS getting done, we're working very very hard at it. It will get better.

Comment

NYCFC scouting

I see.. so there is no point to join Affiliate team and play Affiliate league since NYCFC wont take any kids from Affiliate team till 13 years
                          We'll take kids from the Affiliate league as young as 9.

We've done it already, we're doing it this spring, and we'll continue to offer the talented kids with elite skills at 9 or older into the NYCFC Academy.

Affiliate or not.

Comment

I've personally attended 42 town travel games this past year, premier games, DA games. I've been to CT, Westchester, Rockland. We have 4 others who have done the same. Next year we'll have 8.

We're seeing the games
                            We've got spotters all over the place

The work IS getting done, we're working very very hard at it. It will get better.
                            As a parent of a younger player, do we just sit back and see if our player gets called up or do we need to let NYCFC know he is interested? I assume if he is good enough you will find us without us having to chase all over hoping to get noticed.

Comment

NYCFC scout

As a parent of a younger player, do we just sit back and see if our player gets called up or do we need to let NYCFC know he is interested? I assume if he is good enough you will find us without us having to chase all over hoping to get noticed.
                              I would love to think we are aware of everyone.

Just say what team the player is on, we'll go have a look in the next 1-2 weeks. Unlikely to get the 18/19 roster, but we'll send someone, have a look at the team, his play, and have him on the radar.

Awkward being a public forum, but why not.

Comment

Player ID

I would love to think we are aware of everyone.

Just say what team the player is on, we'll go have a look in the next 1-2 weeks. Unlikely to get the 18/19 roster, but we'll send someone, have a look at the team, his play, and have him on the radar.

Awkward being a public forum, but why not.
                                and if we've already seen the team play, and likely your son. I will say so.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X