Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    High School acalades mean nothing. But if that is what your kid walks away with, good for her. How is college recruitment looking? That says and means a lot more.
    Since about 8% of high school soccer players go on to play in college it means everything to 92% of them
    And of that 8% how many of them go to college without any HS awards
    What d1 school is giving a kid $$$ who cant make all conf or all state- dont bs yourself

Comment

Since about 8% of high school soccer players go on to play in college it means everything to 92% of them
      And of that 8% how many of them go to college without any HS awards
      What d1 school is giving a kid $$$ who cant make all conf or all state- dont bs yourself
      Not the poster but another parent of an All State player. In some degree of fairness All State and other awards do have a degree of politics to them. Many skilled players are left off the lists each year. Each class only has 20 per year per gender. By the time they've had a few kids who are just exceptional athletes and who aren't even club or college bound players then there's even fewer spots. College coaches like posting that stuff in a player's bio but they recruit based on what they see on the field. Now if you're not in a top league then having those accolades can help get you through more doors, but you still have to prove yourself to land a spot.

Comment

Not the poster but another parent of an All State player. In some degree of fairness All State and other awards do have a degree of politics to them. Many skilled players are left off the lists each year. Each class only has 20 per year per gender. By the time they've had a few kids who are just exceptional athletes and who aren't even club or college bound players then there's even fewer spots. College coaches like posting that stuff in a player's bio but they recruit based on what they see on the field. Now if you're not in a top league then having those accolades can help get you through more doors, but you still have to prove yourself to land a spot.
        agree on the politics and some good players do not make it,but bad players dont get on those lists
        the award rewards the best players-not the soccer only and trying to play in college player
        the fact that a lax player can go out and outshine a club kid means the club kid needs more work 9 i am speaking of the good leagues there are gawdi records in leagues that a middling team in the swc,fciac,scc would crush iam also talking about
        l and LL as M and S are too widespread quality wise

Comment

agree on the politics and some good players do not make it,but bad players dont get on those lists
          the award rewards the best players-not the soccer only and trying to play in college player
          the fact that a lax player can go out and outshine a club kid means the club kid needs more work 9 i am speaking of the good leagues there are gawdi records in leagues that a middling team in the swc,fciac,scc would crush iam also talking about
          how shytfaced were you when you wrote that, omg

Comment

how shytfaced were you when you wrote that, omg
            about the same amount as you whenever you think your kid is any good

Comment

could you post that in English?

Comment

Did I hear a "niner" in there?

Comment

Coach joes stomping and crying that led to him walking out of the meeting like a stubborn 2 year old led to the decision. She's a tremendous "little" player, just others have had a better year and brighter future. Politics play so much! Don't be blind
                  Not built for D1

Comment

Not built for D1
                    Why if she is "hands down" the best player in the state hasn't she ever been invited to USNT training camp to have a look? Have a girl from FCIAC in CA their right now with NT. I think JM is terrific, but not a power 5 D1 player. Others in FCIAC and around state will be.

Comment

My kid is playing D2 and didn't make all anything in high school. She got noticed by schools from club. High school soccer is all about politics and kissing the coach's azz.

Comment

My kid is playing D2 and didn't make all anything in high school. She got noticed by schools from club. High school soccer is all about politics and kissing the coach's azz.
                        keep telling yourself that

Comment

Why if she is "hands down" the best player in the state hasn't she ever been invited to USNT training camp to have a look? Have a girl from FCIAC in CA their right now with NT. I think JM is terrific, but not a power 5 D1 player. Others in FCIAC and around state will be.
                          she is columbian

Comment

keep telling yourself that
                            I know several girls playing D2 that go no CIAC honors (except maybe All Academic Team). HS soccer is irrelevant to the college recruiting process.

Comment

I know several girls playing D2 that go no CIAC honors (except maybe All Academic Team). HS soccer is irrelevant to the college recruiting process.
                              Exactly.

Comment

For college coaches it's pretty irrelevant as they recruit based on what they see. But if you're not in a top league then top honors are a bonus on your resume and can help get your foot in the door.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X