Premier and/or supplemental for u12 boy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact TR at Everton and I'm sure he'd be happy to have you join a practice. Very convenient practice/game location if you are East of Stamford.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You did yourself a favor. By the time you pay the fees, camp etc it's a lot of money for very mediocre training. Better off using the $ for supplemental work with a quality coach or camps and clinics. ODP is still decent in some states that support it and put an effort into it. Here we have CJSA and that tells you all you need to know.
      Did it for a couple of years only cos the kid wanted to. That last year, even the kid was done. No regular coach, coaches did not know the kids, guest players kept showing up and stealing time, no real tryout so some cloggers on the team, and no sense of team, just a bunch of individuals. Also, kids who skipped practice still got to start and play all game, so no discipline (in part, this comes from not having a regular coach who knew the kids). Plus, one practice every 6 weeks was just not useful.

Comment

Did it for a couple of years only cos the kid wanted to. That last year, even the kid was done. No regular coach, coaches did not know the kids, guest players kept showing up and stealing time, no real tryout so some cloggers on the team, and no sense of team, just a bunch of individuals. Also, kids who skipped practice still got to start and play all game, so no discipline (in part, this comes from not having a regular coach who knew the kids). Plus, one practice every 6 weeks was just not useful.
        Yes, much like CJSA, let's finally put a nail in the ODP coffin. With NYCSL/CCSL PDP/Center of Excellence all over NY and CT and led by John Curtis there is no comparison.

Now one can debate/discuss PDP/CoE cost/benefit, but that is (was) another thread.

Comment

More like an addition.

Mine did COE and PDP. Great program, well run, good training. ODP is a joke not only from a coaching standpoint but the talent isn't there any longer. I think they're doing COE in the spring in a few CT locations and that might be an option for the OP. ODP doesn't even have their next tryouts until June
          COE? Pardon the ignorance. What is that? Another one where Google failed me.

Comment

Center of Excellence

Comment

https://www.nyclubsoccerleague.com/h...excellence.asp

Comment

How much do these programs cost? 1on1 coaching with an experienced coach ranges from $75-100/hr (based on what i know friends have paid). Wouldnt that be a better option for a u12 kid?

Comment

How much do these programs cost? 1on1 coaching with an experienced coach ranges from $75-100/hr (based on what i know friends have paid). Wouldnt that be a better option for a u12 kid?
                  Coe works out to much less than that. Don't plunk money down for private training that young unless there's something really specific that needs to be worked on. Another route is get 3 friends of similar skill level and hire a trainer to work with the group. They'll all get a lot out of it and it's affordable that way.

Comment

can you imagine the hooker you could have got your kid instead? that would be something he would never forget

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X