Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little known fact:

Any forum thread that reaches 10,000+ posts gets automatically recognized by Google and will pop up for any Google search of the key words in the title. It's part of their algorithm that allows them to dial into popular content.

This should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This thread it great. It's like a Revs time capsule. I popped back 100 pages and found the scores from the Revs v Bolts weekend.

What the hell is wrong with the Revs? They're free and have the backing of an original MLS organization. Why can't they perform better against local competition? Why aren't they turning out National Team players? The plate is set for them. Is it the coaching?

You are worried about the revs turning out national team players? How about they turn out a decent college player nevermind an actual MLS player

Comment

Does everyone realize that the moment you sign your son's Revs Academy contract they own your player rights?

Just what you need if you're really trying to make it in soccer.

Comment

Does everyone realize that the moment you sign your son's Revs Academy contract they own your player rights?

Just what you need if you're really trying to make it in soccer.
          If you read the contract that is not true. Their rights over a player are extremely limited.

Comment

If you read the contract that is not true. Their rights over a player are extremely limited.
            If you go to Europe

Comment

So if JR finishes up school and wants to play in the MLS he can just waltz onto any team?

Comment

So if JR finishes up school and wants to play in the MLS he can just waltz onto any team?
                That’s the only thing they control.

Comment

So you have to leave the country to escape the Revs?

Comment

I'd never let my kid attach his long term future to that organization if he had potential for a soccer career beyond college.

No.

F-ing.

Way.

Comment

I'd never let my kid attach his long term future to that organization if he had potential for a soccer career beyond college.

No.

F-ing.

Way.
                      Thanks dad coach. Nice emphasis too.

Comment

No.

F-ing.

Way.
                        You have nothing to worry about. He will be in beer league like 99.9% of the rest of soccer players in America.

Comment

You have nothing to worry about. He will be in beer league like 99.9% of the rest of soccer players in America.
                          Yes, so think carefully about what you're giving up for that.

Comment

Don't kid yourself, everyone ends up there eventually if they want to keep playing. I've played with ex-Rev and European players often.

Comment

https://www.nesoccerjournal.com/new-...017-18-season/

On a brighter note, the U-15s finished fourth in the Northeast Division after going 15-8-5. Their breakout players were striker Andrew Serafino (East Longmeadow, Mass.) and Hikaru Fujiwara (Lexington, Mass.), who respectively finished with 19 and 11 goals. Cole Dewhurst (Lancaster, Mass.), the son of FC Stars’ director Jason Dewhurst, was a rock in defense, starting 28 games.

Oohhhhhh now I get it
                              Good for these boys and their talent, but the Revs track record of development is the issue. These boys got developed elsewhere. A few years ago the U14 team was 18-2-2 for the season and ranked in the top five. As they moved up year to year the record go worse and worse and they were playing the same teams they beat back when they started. By simply deduction, the other DA teams steadily improved. Therein lies the problem with the Revs. I want the Revs to be the end all for soccer in NE, but the current track record is not the case. Some changes need to be made. Looking at other successful academies and how they do things would be the first place I would look for changes/help.

I don't begrudge anybody chasing their dream and playing for the Revs. I think everyone given the opportunity should give it a try. It does not work for everyone though, but you won't know unless you try.

Comment

Good for these boys and their talent, but the Revs track record of development is the issue. These boys got developed elsewhere. A few years ago the U14 team was 18-2-2 for the season and ranked in the top five. As they moved up year to year the record go worse and worse and they were playing the same teams they beat back when they started. By simply deduction, the other DA teams steadily improved. Therein lies the problem with the Revs. I want the Revs to be the end all for soccer in NE, but the current track record is not the case. Some changes need to be made. Looking at other successful academies and how they do things would be the first place I would look for changes/help.

I don't begrudge anybody chasing their dream and playing for the Revs. I think everyone given the opportunity should give it a try. It does not work for everyone though, but you won't know unless you try.
                                To your point, the Revs have begun looking for players outside of New England that are already developed. The 2 new residential players coming into the 17's this season are the opening of the floodgates from NY and beyond.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X