Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCFC Academy ID evaluation

There is one this week at Manhattanville for B'07-'09. What's been people's experience with this? My son hasn't done anything within their system & we have more experience with RBNY RDS. I know NYCFC has feeder clubs so is this just a waste of time or do kids actually get ID'd here? Is it crazy to look at it as a free 1.5 hr training session? What's the follow-up? Thanks.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is one this week at Manhattanville for B'07-'09. What's been people's experience with this? My son hasn't done anything within their system & we have more experience with RBNY RDS. I know NYCFC has feeder clubs so is this just a waste of time or do kids actually get ID'd here? Is it crazy to look at it as a free 1.5 hr training session? What's the follow-up? Thanks.
    Cattle call

Comment

It's legit. a few of their current academy players were noticed through these ID clinics. My son and several others from CT included.

Comment

probably a long shot and a cattle call but yea, free 90 minutes of soccer and probably mostly good kids. I wouldnt blow off anything important for it but if you have nothing else to do, why not?

Comment

Its a great way to see that your son/daughter does not belong on the club...Go NYCFC!

Comment

Beachside has lost several players to NYCFC already. They grab a few more and it’s lights out for BSC

Comment

There are a few younger boys from Westport that drive a long distance to not play for Beachside.

Comment

There are a few younger boys from Westport that drive a long distance to not play for Beachside.
                Had been an option when my kid was younger I would have done the same.

Comment

Cancelled because of weather (?!?)

Comment

Ha - there's not a flake of snow on the ground at Manhattanville and forecast is for sun this weekend.

Comment

Ha - there's not a flake of snow on the ground at Manhattanville and forecast is for sun this weekend.
                      Yeah. I mean it will be a bit nippy this evening, but no snow.

Too low registration rate? People away for Spring Break?

Ah well, "will be rescheduled in coming weeks".

Comment

Re-upping this thread to see if any further thoughts ahead of Academy Talent ID tonight @ Columbia U.

Comment

Re-upping this thread to see if any further thoughts ahead of Academy Talent ID tonight @ Columbia U.
                          There are no further thoughts, but thanks for Re-upping it!

Comment

It’s axtually a great way to get your kid noticed and in front of NYCFC coaches . A chunk of BS players were noticed that way and now play on the academy team. Why would you not take your kid to an open tryout for a professional team? Plus, it’s free.

Comment

It’s axtually a great way to get your kid noticed and in front of NYCFC coaches . A chunk of BS players were noticed that way and now play on the academy team. Why would you not take your kid to an open tryout for a professional team? Plus, it’s free.
                              I am sure MK recommended those players to NYCFC. He cares about the career paths of his players and loves to see them progress as far as they want to . He helps them anyway he can.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X