Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is going to happen the Saint Pete Raiders?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is going to happen the Saint Pete Raiders?

Tony Paris returns to Saint Leo as head men’s soccer coach.

http://www.saintleolions.com/sports/...20170207mpc9ur

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Tony Paris returns to Saint Leo as head men’s soccer coach.

http://www.saintleolions.com/sports/...20170207mpc9ur
    They have not been relevant for years...

Comment

St Pete raiders...lol

Comment

If Rowdies did want to set up their own academy that would be an ideal location

Comment

If Rowdies did want to set up their own academy that would be an ideal location
          I believe you will find that Bill Edwards may have already approached St Pete about taking over youth soccer at Raiders fields . Would defiantly help with MLS if they were operating a local youth soccer franchise .

Comment

I believe you will find that Bill Edwards may have already approached St Pete about taking over youth soccer at Raiders fields . Would defiantly help with MLS if they were operating a local youth soccer franchise .
            Try this. KF leaves St. Leo to join Tampa Bay Rowdies/Tampa Bay United (TBU) partnership and MLS application. Tony Paris leaves St. Pete Raiders CEO position to take KF's old job at St. Leo. TBU "lends a hand" with taking the St. Pete Raiders forward in partnership with the Tampa Bay Rowdies.... as in TBU expands their footprint into Pinellas County at the same time that Eastlake/WFF is in play.

If you played the game "Risk" when you were a kid you can see the map shifting and coming together.

Comment

Something is differently happening for TP to leave. Would be a good fit for chargers

Comment

If Hans doesn't pull off getting the remnants of that club you can stick a fork in Strictly, it will be the final kill shot.

Comment

Something is differently happening for TP to leave. Would be a good fit for chargers
                  No one is a good fit for Chargers. They have been poorly managed for decades.

Comment

1) "Something is differently happening for TP to leave." That is definitely true. TP has had a cash cow there for many, many years. I think he finds himself in a position similar to Largo 5 years ago where he needs to make a move and consider a merger while he still has something to bargain with.

2) "Would be a good fit for chargers." Maybe, geographically, but there is too much history between TP and his coaches and PM at Chargers. TP would not consider any merger talks with PM.

I would bet that it is not a coincidence that there is ongoing talks between Bill Edwards and TBU and TP is going back to St. Leo. That move gives TP a parachute move to jump out of the the Raiders.

Comment

1) "Something is differently happening for TP to leave." That is definitely true. TP has had a cash cow there for many, many years. I think he finds himself in a position similar to Largo 5 years ago where he needs to make a move and consider a merger while he still has something to bargain with.

2) "Would be a good fit for chargers." Maybe, geographically, but there is too much history between TP and his coaches and PM at Chargers. TP would not consider any merger talks with PM.

I would bet that it is not a coincidence that there is ongoing talks between Bill Edwards and TBU and TP is going back to St. Leo. That move gives TP a parachute move to jump out of the the Raiders.
                      "....while he still has something to bargain with." The most valuable part of the Raiders is the field use agreement with the City. That location is really positioned for growth. The St. Petersburg area is rapidly attracting younger families and the Raiders fields are very centrally located to help families not have to drive to Tampa or Clearwater. Bill Edwards is well connected to the City so he can broker a new field use agreement with a new club.

Comment

No one is a good fit for Chargers. They have been poorly managed for decades.
                        Are you saying they are asleep at the wheel?

Comment

Right now on the boys side the chargers have a hook so they do not need to merge. Now if the rowdies get a MLS team and that's a big if and the Rowdies take over TBU then the chargers could be in trouble.

Comment

Right now on the boys side the chargers have a hook so they do not need to merge. Now if the rowdies get a MLS team and that's a big if and the Rowdies take over TBU then the chargers could be in trouble.
                            I guess the hook you are referring to is full Boys DA but they will only have that comparative advantage about 1 more season. Then TBU will get full Boys DA (even if TBR MLS bid falls through). Chargers need to merge more than they realize.

As University of Michigan Football coach, Bo Schembechler, used to say "Every day you either get better or you get worse. You never stay the same."

Comment

I guess the hook you are referring to is full Boys DA but they will only have that comparative advantage about 1 more season. Then TBU will get full Boys DA (even if TBR MLS bid falls through). Chargers need to merge more than they realize.

As University of Michigan Football coach, Bo Schembechler, used to say "Every day you either get better or you get worse. You never stay the same."
                              I have been hearing for 5 years that chargers will lose DA and that WFF or TBU are getting the DA. It's just coaches telling naïve parents this and hoping they buy it

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X