Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Soccer Girls Development Academy or ECNL? (The non ECNL view)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is the typical ECNL thinking that USSF is trying to combat. In their mind the goal is to win a bunch of club games but the issue that USSF is trying to address is elevating the level of play and build higher functioning soccer players. The real measure is going to be how many pro and national team players they build, not how many games they win.
    If that is the measure, GDAP have lost before they start. The number of pro and national team players is low and fixed. You can't develop more of them than are required by pro or national teams.

The real measure should be whether the level of play at the college, pro and national team level increases. Admittedly not a high bar, because all it really requires is getting the ball on kids feel twice as much as currently happens, but a worthy one for sure.

I still question whether the quests for club profits will trump player develop. Fingers crossed they won't.

Comment

I

I still question whether the quests for club profits will trump player develop. Fingers crossed they won't.
      Of course it's about the clubs, not the players. They'd be charging even less and giving out more scholarships if they were all about development. There's also no motive to develop players other than to get them on impressive college recruit lists (which suits a club's marketing goals). Not really any incentive on the boys's side either with the limitations of selling off home growns.

Comment

If that is the measure, GDAP have lost before they start. The number of pro and national team players is low and fixed. You can't develop more of them than are required by pro or national teams.

The real measure should be whether the level of play at the college, pro and national team level increases. Admittedly not a high bar, because all it really requires is getting the ball on kids feel twice as much as currently happens, but a worthy one for sure.

As are the number of college roster spots The true measure really is the amount of demand for our pro level players. If they are better than what is developed elsewhere they will be employed as soccer players over them, if not then they won't. Much easier to look at that as opposed to a subjective measure like "increased speed of play" or "increased competency"

Comment

I think a question is when is GD going to take credit for players getting calls ups or scholarships? I would hope a few years. The older players say u14 and above are already being developed in that club system not GD system. So I would say it would take 5 years for GDAP to start to take credit for developing players.
          Also just a side note does it really mean anything that the uswnt head coach indorse this. She could be gone in a few years and the next coach that comes in could think it's a waste of time.

Comment

I think a question is when is GD going to take credit for players getting calls ups or scholarships? I would hope a few years. The older players say u14 and above are already being developed in that club system not GD system. So I would say it would take 5 years for GDAP to start to take credit for developing players.
            Also just a side note does it really mean anything that the uswnt head coach indorse this. She could be gone in a few years and the next coach that comes in could think it's a waste of time.
            ECNL is basically very very high level town soccer. GDAP will totally different, tactically mature and focused on player development. My daughter can't wait for fall.

Comment

ECNL is basically very very high level town soccer. GDAP will totally different, tactically mature and focused on player development. My daughter can't wait for fall.
              Pump the brakes Mario. Study the course before you speed up, else you'll crash and burn.

Comment

Pump the brakes Mario. Study the course before you speed up, else you'll crash and burn.
                Don't worry about him. He's talking about a fictional daughter, playing in some super elite GDAP league of his imagination.

Comment

You mean "recreational," right? Too funny and too transparent.

Comment

I bet she can't wait to get out of your house, but that isn't a good reason to go to college or get married. Guarantee GDA is your desire. I doubt your kid came home and told you she wants to play GDA because it means she will train more and play less games.

Comment

It's USSF - they'll start taking credit for development starting September 2017.

Comment

I bet she can't wait to get out of your house, but that isn't a good reason to go to college or get married. Guarantee GDA is your desire. I doubt your kid came home and told you she wants to play GDA because it means she will train more and play less games.
                        and give up HS sports. Every girls' dream

Comment

It's USSF - they'll start taking credit for development starting September 2017.
                          Just like the ECNL did during it's entire existence. Heck you have clubs like the Stars and FCB who routinely take credit for players developed by NEFC, Aztec, and GPS who only switched clubs for a year or two. Why should the GDA be any different.

Comment

You mean "recreational," right? Too funny and too transparent.
                            No, it's actually the D3 bound group. The dead weight in the whole system. Thank my daughter doesn't have to play with them anymore. She can't wait.

Comment

No, it's actually the D3 bound group. The dead weight in the whole system. Thank my daughter doesn't have to play with them anymore. She can't wait.
                              Happy for you and your new daughter, BTNT.

Comment

Happy for you and your new daughter, BTNT.
                                Lol. Know you have been waiting to throw that out. Still doesn't mean kids like yours belong.

Jump Fishy

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X