Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FYI - u are on a talking soccer blog where everyone hides behind a keyboard while zinging others
    There are 10,000 other threads on talking soccer where you can do that. I am attempting to get a legitimate answer to a serious question. It is something that I personally know many parents and players are wanting an answer to. While TS has an enormous amount of negative comments, there are also those with a considerable amount of insider knowledge. I am looking for those people.

Comment

Encl will move to non DA clubs also they are to add a boys version of ENCL this will completely change the landscape of the DA. We are also told that encl will allow unlimited substitute up to u16 for player development! ENCL told us soccer player time is very important and they are all developing unlimited subs for youth is the only way to build US soccer at youth level it might not happen in 2017/18 but it will role out in 2018/19 it's been voted on!

Comment

Encl will move to non DA clubs also they are to add a boys version of ENCL this will completely change the landscape of the DA. We are also told that encl will allow unlimited substitute up to u16 for player development! ENCL told us soccer player time is very important and they are all developing unlimited subs for youth is the only way to build US soccer at youth level it might not happen in 2017/18 but it will role out in 2018/19 it's been voted on!
        Good insider info. Thank you.

Now, do you have any idea where ECNL for girls will be going in south florida? There was a mention of Sunrise, but that is not confirmed. There is going to be a big vacuum for many players.

Comment

Good insider info. Thank you.

Now, do you have any idea where ECNL for girls will be going in south florida? There was a mention of Sunrise, but that is not confirmed. There is going to be a big vacuum for many players.
          sunrise is not getting ecnl, I'm sure you aren't new to this blog , but for ur info , sunrise has one or 2 jokers who are on here day and night talking crap about every team that isn't sunrise.... rainbows and unicorns are awesome

Comment

sunrise is not getting ecnl, I'm sure you aren't new to this blog , but for ur info , sunrise has one or 2 jokers who are on here day and night talking crap about every team that isn't sunrise.... rainbows and unicorns are awesome
            There are trolls like that for every team. However, sometimes the rumors do come true. Both Boca United and Weston were awarded their ECNL franchises with very little notice. They also appear to be dropping those franchises just as quickly. You never know if something is going on behind the scenes.

But that aside, going back to the original question, what are we looking at for options for existing ECNL players not going DA and those aspiring players to ECNL but cannot longer tryout?

Comment

There are trolls like that for every team. However, sometimes the rumors do come true. Both Boca United and Weston were awarded their ECNL franchises with very little notice. They also appear to be dropping those franchises just as quickly. You never know if something is going on behind the scenes.

But that aside, going back to the original question, what are we looking at for options for existing ECNL players not going DA and those aspiring players to ECNL but cannot longer tryout?
              With Weston and BU both going DA, ECNL is not looking to replace them. SoFl is logistical nightmare for league and current members don't want it. So the option is Orlando. No spin, just the truth at this time.

Comment

With Weston and BU both going DA, ECNL is not looking to replace them. SoFl is logistical nightmare for league and current members don't want it. So the option is Orlando. No spin, just the truth at this time.
                Orlando is a known option, but not really feasible for most players. 5-6 hours of driving for each practice x 3 days per week?

Assuming that ECNL is not replacing Weston and BU, let's go back to the original question. What are the south florida clubs going to offer for the players that do not go GDA?

Comment

Honestly, if a college scholarship for your daughter is what you're really after, Lacrosse is your best option. Hands down.

Comment

Orlando is a known option, but not really feasible for most players. 5-6 hours of driving for each practice x 3 days per week?

Assuming that ECNL is not replacing Weston and BU, let's go back to the original question. What are the south florida clubs going to offer for the players that do not go GDA?

I believe the best answer to the question above is going to come from South FL. Parents. As a S FL parent I believe we are going to have to press our Clubs {D.O.C . / Presidents} for answers / options. I would hope that they are aware there may be an abundance of players in this area that want to play at a high level. They should see that there is an opportunity to find a GOOD option for these players. Many of the older Teams in the area have a solid base of players which will limit the number of new players joining their rosters.

The Top Leagues (IMHO) National and Region 3 only have a few South FL Teams participating. Teams must gain entry through qualification or application based on previous performance. Clubs will not be able to just add Teams to these Leagues {that I know} which again will limit the number of positions available. We as parents will need to get a message to our respective clubs to get them thinking of future possibilities. Hopefully positive discussions can lead to positive changes for the future of girl's soccer in South Florida. Good Luck & Best wishes to All !!!

Comment

Honestly, if a college scholarship for your daughter is what you're really after, Lacrosse is your best option. Hands down.
                      "Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

The poster asked nothing about a scholarship or changing sports. Dumb a*s.,,hands down.

Comment

Please

PLEASE
                        PLEASE
                        PLEASE
                        Stop talking about high school !!
                        IF your player is a top and serious player who wants to play division I soccer
                        Then there is no other choice ... go to weston or Boca united and play academy
                        I understand those clubs may not have the top teams in all age groups
                        But the academy platform is clearly top notch
                        And top players should only play at the highest level

Then ECNL
                        Then NPL
                        Then the regional and state leagues

Comment

It's clear to me that the ENCL needs to step up and offer local clubs this platform as well as a boys division on same platform . Now the DA is not wanting this because they potentially will loose players ! But if your a player and a parent it's a needed enemy to DA program! Think of this as a check and balance system ! What do normal clubs have local leagues division 1-2 play ! Look there are s enough to have the ENCL to add boys to the mix and let clubs have this platform great choice for youth soccer options and great to separate the DA from ENCL let them fight it out !

Comment

"Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

The poster asked nothing about a scholarship or changing sports. Dumb a*s.,,hands down.
                            Not my post, but I agree, I think a scholarship is exactly what the OP is talking about but doesn't want to admit it. Her kid isn't good enough to make a DA team, wants more than a NPL/State Cup team, and comes here for answers because she doesn't have a network of similar-minded parents to ask. She saw ECNL as the ticket, but now that's been pulled out from under her. If a scholarship isn't the goal, why would she care what league her daughter plays? And don't come back with that tired old BS about just wanting to challenge herself at the highest level. If that were the case she'd be maneuvering for a DA spot. All her friends will be in the same boat anyway. Consider that you're the dumba*s for not being able to deduce what's obviously between the lines.

Comment

Not my post, but I agree, I think a scholarship is exactly what the OP is talking about but doesn't want to admit it. Her kid isn't good enough to make a DA team, wants more than a NPL/State Cup team, and comes here for answers because she doesn't have a network of similar-minded parents to ask. She saw ECNL as the ticket, but now that's been pulled out from under her. If a scholarship isn't the goal, why would she care what league her daughter plays? And don't come back with that tired old BS about just wanting to challenge herself at the highest level. If that were the case she'd be maneuvering for a DA spot. All her friends will be in the same boat anyway. Consider that you're the dumba*s for not being able to deduce what's obviously between the lines.
                              OP here. I appreciate your cynicism and conspiracy theory, but your lack of reading comprehension is getting the better of you. If my player obtains a scholarship, it will be through academics. Earning a scholarship for soccer would be extra, but in no way whatsoever should it be the primary goal of any student-ahtlete in soccer. It is not our goal. There, readily admitted. Soccer scholarships are not awarded in perpetuity and can be pulled at any time for any reason, as opposed to merit scholarships for academics.

As for your backhanded comments, you don't know me or my player. I am surrounded by like-minded parents and thus, my question to the forum to seek other like-minded parents at other clubs of which I do not have direct, personal access.

Your comments about the GDA and maneuvering are exactly why the original question was posed. It would be absolutely ridiculous for any player, included a full-on rock star youth player, to assume they have a spot wrapped-up on the GDA. One must always have back-up plan. No one should put all of their eggs in one basket. To think otherwise is dangerous.

My question is legitimate and has yet to be provided with any substantial info. I will state it here again.

For those players seeking to play at the level of ECNL or a comparative league, where are those players that do not make GDA or do not want to play GDA planning to play next season?

Comment

PLEASE
                                PLEASE
                                PLEASE
                                Stop talking about high school !!
                                IF your player is a top and serious player who wants to play division I soccer
                                Then there is no other choice ... go to weston or Boca united and play academy
                                I understand those clubs may not have the top teams in all age groups
                                But the academy platform is clearly top notch
                                And top players should only play at the highest level

Then ECNL
                                Then NPL
                                Then the regional and state leagues
                                In my opinion, the two clubs you mention will not be able to handle the overflow of players that either do not want to play and/or make the GDA. NPL is the next option with no ECNL, but both of these clubs already have NPL teams. So the problem for these clubs is either to cut NPL players to make room for ex-ECNL players or expand the number of teams at the NPL level. Again, I do not see either Weston or BU being able to handle that. Are any other clubs in south florida planning for this potential availability of players?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X