Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Truth be told, if they are learning how to play defense without cheapshottin then he must be doing something right. We played them earlier this year and they were out of control.
    To be clear, when we watched them yesterday they were not playing defense without cheap shotting. They were stepping aside and choosing not to engage with the offensive player. Which led me to believe they play defense dirty or not at all. No improvement there that I could see.

Comment

Mayor's cup final:

Las Vegas premier soccer academy 1, WT G02 Copa 0.

An opponent far better than any in Oregon, including both ECNL teams.

Comment

Mayor's cup final:

Las Vegas premier soccer academy 1, WT G02 Copa 0.

An opponent far better than any in Oregon, including both ECNL teams.
        Congrats Copa. You really shouldn't use the Ecnl teams from Oregon as your bar as they are not good. They are getting hammered or playing teams that wouldn't even be top in this state.

Pay 1k per trip to play another sub par team from Alabama that thinks it's the best thing in their state when they aren't either.

Just because you enter a league does not mean you are as good or get what the best teams in that league are.

An example would be odp. Parents talk trash about how bad odp has become yet utahs odp team would destroy fcp or cu without blinking an eye. You enter a league and try to associate yourself with a few teams in that league but in all reality 15 non Ecnl teams in wa are better then you.

Comment

To be clear, when we watched them yesterday they were not playing defense without cheap shotting. They were stepping aside and choosing not to engage with the offensive player. Which led me to believe they play defense dirty or not at all. No improvement there that I could see.
          That would mean they were never taught how to defend and simply have been going this whole time hitting their opponents until someone else had to point out that is not the right path.

Comment

Congrats Copa. You really shouldn't use the Ecnl teams from Oregon as your bar as they are not good. They are getting hammered or playing teams that wouldn't even be top in this state.
            Agree, but the FCU trolls think otherwise. They think they are the Harlem Globetrotters, but really they are the Washington Generals.

Comment

We've played them twice now. There was a noticeable difference in that fantastic back line. Not an improvement - a difference. A few times when they were beat, they didn't grab and drag down from behind. Coach has obviously told them, especially the big one, that they are headed for a red card. He has not told the small girl who mouths off and flails her arms wildly when she doesn't get her way to cool it - and my guess is she will get their first red card. But it doesn't appear he has taught them how to play any better/smarter. And yes he is still the king of screamers. Calling individual girls out by name when they make a mistake. I can't believe those parents are putting up with it. It's embarrassing to watch. They are beating us but by no means are they playing anything resembling good soccer, smart soccer, problem solving soccer...instead they are playing smash mouth soccer. Which will work until it doesn't.
              Bet the violent play returns when they need it for a win. ***c, Westside & Gps should be prepared. The screaming will never stop because this team is about winning, not development. Whatever it takes.

Comment

Bet the violent play returns when they need it for a win. ***c, Westside & Gps should be prepared. The screaming will never stop because this team is about winning, not development. Whatever it takes.
                Look for Vancouver to thump them. You can't out-smash mouth the queens of smash mouth soccer.

Comment

Look for Vancouver to thump them. You can't out-smash mouth the queens of smash mouth soccer.
                  When they played in Winter Showcase, they tied and Eugene was definitely the smash mouth team of the two.

Comment

Just look at the u15 Oregon Ecnl teams. Getting blown out or playing terrible teams. What a waste of money. Half the kids don't even play. You've got 9 kids on either team that are probably getting what they were sold on and 15 kids who are being scammed. Just look at the turnover. In the end it's worse then it used to be. Back in the day they would have 9-11 good players but now they screw the rest of the gullible bunches to force the 9-11 to do things they shouldn't have to to get what they want.
                    Fake news....cite your source that the ECNL 15U teams are getting blown out.

Comment

I don't anything about the 02 ECNL team, but I would assume they are solid. The 01's are undefeated and ranked nationally.

Comment

I don't anything about the 02 ECNL team, but I would assume they are solid. The 01's are undefeated and ranked nationally.
                        Both are too scared to play Eugene 02s. No one can score on Eugene's back line. We're told they wear big girl panties.

Comment

Both are too scared to play Eugene 02s. No one can score on Eugene's back line. We're told they wear big girl panties.
                          I bet GPS 03 could score a few!

Comment

Not according to Eugene parents. They say Eugene 02s destroy all teams, older or younger & easily win State Cup. They say they are the only ones in the state to shut down the Salem & Gresham superstars so the Thorns Academy would also be no match. GPS 03s would be much too afraid of a loss to set up a friendly. Eugene says even their 03s will beat gps come State Cup. Birthyear must have changed Eugene into a soccer superpower.

Comment

Not according to Eugene parents. They say Eugene 02s destroy all teams, older or younger & easily win State Cup. They say they are the only ones in the state to shut down the Salem & Gresham superstars so the Thorns Academy would also be no match. GPS 03s would be much too afraid of a loss to set up a friendly. Eugene says even their 03s will beat gps come State Cup. Birthyear must have changed Eugene into a soccer superpower.
                              Get used to the new world order. Eugene will win state cup in 99's, 02's, and 03's. DOC dumped all the dead weight on the 00 and 01 teams. Better get used to watching Eugene holding those state cup trophies.

Comment

GPS 03 is good on their age but would get roughed up against mediocre 02 teams.

Let's not kid ourselves. Have them play Eugene or Wash t and see them get handled.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X