Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A quick update. College coaches actually showed up today. Strange that would happen on a Monday, the third day of the event. My kid plays at FC Florida. Our older team played team Boca and our juniors played ACYS. Yes the college coach attendance was a little less than expected, but three kids received offers in our top two teams at this event. That's a huge and positive surprise. These coaches had seen the kids before but used this event to make their final decisions. All in all, it's a great first year event and I am sure it will get even better next year. Also, I agree that it was incredibly well run and the referees were strong all week.
    We came down from Minnesota and it was a nicely put together tournament.

Comment

Hats off to 14u boys team boca. Well coached squad with some really talented players.

Comment

We came down from Minnesota and it was a nicely put together tournament.
        Doubt someone from MN is on this site, and this is the tournament directors tooting their horns. The teams who spent money to travel down from Minnesota for this college showcase should be very disappointed in the neighborhood fields and college coach turnout. The weather may be nice but not worth the return on the investment.

Comment

A quick update. College coaches actually showed up today. Strange that would happen on a Monday, the third day of the event. My kid plays at FC Florida. Our older team played team Boca and our juniors played ACYS. Yes the college coach attendance was a little less than expected, but three kids received offers in our top two teams at this event. That's a huge and positive surprise. These coaches had seen the kids before but used this event to make their final decisions. All in all, it's a great first year event and I am sure it will get even better next year. Also, I agree that it was incredibly well run and the referees were strong all week.
          You left out to what colleges

Comment

Swan Park had 3 coaches Saturday and 3 on Sunday - piss poor turn out.

Comment

Really sad tournament. Fields to narrow, games to short, brackets were poorly put together and no college coaches showed up. Felt bad for the families traveling from out of state.

Comment

Really sad tournament. Fields to narrow, games to short, brackets were poorly put together and no college coaches showed up. Felt bad for the families traveling from out of state.
                The sad truth!

Comment

The sad truth!
                  The field length were as long and wide has they could be. Only complaint I had was I wish there were more games to be played. No parking issues no parents issues tents were provided for every team video of games were available at a fee. Extremely well organized event. I have been to Weston Cup for several years and thats a sh*t show compared to Florida Coast Cup.

Comment

The field length were as long and wide has they could be. Only complaint I had was I wish there were more games to be played. No parking issues no parents issues tents were provided for every team video of games were available at a fee. Extremely well organized event. I have been to Weston Cup for several years and thats a sh*t show compared to Florida Coast Cup.
                    One game a day is the right amount when it is a showcase, but where oh where were the college coaches listed to be at the tournament?

Comment

One game a day is the right amount when it is a showcase, but where oh where were the college coaches listed to be at the tournament?
                      Ask the tournament director

Comment

Not that any would be watching my sons age yet but I spoke to 4 at the boys fields.

Comment

Not sure of other brackets, but the competition in the 2003 girls was mediocre at best.

Comment

Not sure of other brackets, but the competition in the 2003 girls was mediocre at best.
                            Who were the winners?

Comment

So many reasons

So many reasons I would not announce which colleges made offers to our boys. Please think about it.

Comment

Looking at the list of colleges to be in attendance there were more that did not attend than did attend. It seems unethical for the tournament or the coaches to say they will be there to help a tournament get teams to sign on. After a tournament, a tournament should be required to publish a list of what coaches showed to gauge the credibility of the tournament. They market this as a worldwide showcase. Teams traveled far for the expectation of a college showcase, and a showcase with one to two coaches out at the fields all day long is unacceptable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X