WFF - GTB Collier Park

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How funny would it be if: after the NPL & CDL contracts are signed, they back out of the merger?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You can't stay and play on the higher level teams. To play on the higher level teams, you have to play at East Lake or Brandon, just like you would if we hadn't "merged". If you stay, you're playing in the same leagues as WP and WC, so there's no advantage to staying versus playing at either.
      Rising u17 boys will still be at Collier, and will be in FSPL

Comment

Rising u17 boys will still be at Collier, and will be in FSPL
        That's the exception that proves the rule. For every other age group, boys and girls, the top team(s) will be elsewhere. If you want to play for the top team, you have to play elsewhere. You have to basically play for another club, which you've always been able to do. The "merger" isn't doing anything to expand opportunity for anyone. All it's doing is encouraging talent to move elsewhere. What kind of sense does that make?

Comment

WFF hoodwinked yet another club for the $ generated from the large rec program. They could care less about GTBFC competitive teams.

Comment

Not from greater tampa bay from east lake here and are being told that teams would be grandfathered but eventually npl teams will be based out of collier. If teams are even with players from both campuses practice will be split. At least from el point of view both campuses will benefit. East will always be on their own as they could care less about us anyway.

Comment

It is not about stealing kids it is about getting each kid on the right level for their development. If a kid is selected to play split for u16 girls or u14 boys for example we should celebrate it not look at it as stealing.

Comment

This seems awfully obvious to me. Kids will be leaving GTB to play at East Lake and Brandon. No one will be leaving East Lake or Brandon to play at GTB (except for U17B). How does this make sense for GTB? If a player thinks s/he is too good for the relevant team at GTB, s/he has always had the option of playing elsewhere. Going beyond that to actually actively *encouraging* local talent to jump ship without any benefit flowing in the opposite direction seems, IMHO, to be pretty clearly unsustainable and a real threat to GTB's very existence. The benefits of this merger seem to flow entirely in one direction, away from GTB.

Comment

You have no idea what you are talking about. U17g npl will be at collier as well.

Comment

There was talk of the u16 fall team moving to collier

Comment

Sorry fspl team

Comment

You have no idea what you are talking about. U17g npl will be at collier as well.
                        If I have no idea what I'm talking about and you do, perhaps you could make a more constructive attempt to help us understand. The only movement I'm hearing about this week across multiple age groups is away from GTB. A net outflow of GTB's better players with nothing in return is a serious concern. What do you know that I don't that would allay that concern?

Comment

NPL will be the B team in that age group, right? ECNL will be the top team? Where will the ECNL team play? Wouldn't we be right to expect GTB's top players to move to that team? And would that not clearly weaken whatever is left of the GTB team?

Comment

What high level teams were there anyways that you are so worried about losing? Your teams will be in the same leagues they have been in. No gtb kids even came out to my kids team.

Comment

This seems awfully obvious to me. Kids will be leaving GTB to play at East Lake and Brandon. No one will be leaving East Lake or Brandon to play at GTB (except for U17B). How does this make sense for GTB? If a player thinks s/he is too good for the relevant team at GTB, s/he has always had the option of playing elsewhere. Going beyond that to actually actively *encouraging* local talent to jump ship without any benefit flowing in the opposite direction seems, IMHO, to be pretty clearly unsustainable and a real threat to GTB's very existence. The benefits of this merger seem to flow entirely in one direction, away from GTB.
                              Obvious you are a bit misinformed so luckily I'm here to enlighten you. U-17 Boys will play FSPL though we'll see who stays and who comes to play since no other team in the area qualified for FSPL in this age group on the boys side. Could be a good team, maybe not. On the girls side, U-15 and U-17 NPL teams will split between Collier and EL. Without the merger this would not of been possible for the girls in LOL without leaving the club. On the Academy side there are a number of things that benefit us here at the LOL campus. Though not everything is great with the merger there are a number of things that will benefit the players from our area. I wasn't for the merger initially but now I think this was a good move on GTBFC's part.

Comment

You will learn east campus brandon will be keeping their own players on those teams. As soon as Mia's parent complain they are put right back on. There has also been a lot of people leaving that mess.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X